What's new

Tweedy Wins Injustice: A Combo Breaker Retrospective

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Congrats to Tweedy on the win. Tournament was hype as fuck. Amazing character representation, crazy upsets.. this tournament showed everything great about Inj2 and it's scene imo.

Good luck. Just do what they say and avoid the site entirely until whenever a tournament is happening, might happen, could have happened, or anything in between. If you didnt know about a tournament that happened, well, too bad, so sad, you're out of luck.. because relegating spoilers until after the jump (or implementing a spoilers tag in the headline itself) or allowing a few days as a grace period, is WAY past even the smallesy consideration, AND, of course, not putting the winners name in the headline on TYM just totally devalues the win and shows huge disrespect to the winner. I am ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE that Tweedy has worked so hard and expended so much effort for the sole purpose of seeing his name in a headline on a TYM news post. I mean, why else would anyone git gud at an NRS game, except to see their name here?

Which is a hilariously stupid and small-minded policy for a site that has openly denounced the listing and mention of Discord servers because it routes traffic away from the site.. and a site that isn't even remotely as active as it used to be.
But hey, just DONT COME TO THE SITE, because even though there are several meet-in-the-middle solutions that can still congratulate the winner(s) as well as avoid spoiling the tournament for people who for any.number of reasons, weren't able to watch it live - or werent aware it was/had even happened yet. (Such as real life responsibilities that conflict with the tournament schedule, and/or make it difficult to keep up with the coming and goings of numerous tournaments).

So, ya know, just don't come to the website, I guess spend your time in a dis... Whoops!
Post of the year

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Tym’s traffic already seems waay down from previous years. Do mods really want us to completely avoid this website for days maybe up to a week after a tournament finishes...(gotta work. Sometimes it takes that long to get around to watching archives).

Especially when the solution is so simple..

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
Didn't he get to top 8 using BA. The only time he lost was when he picked GL.
I can't say I watched every match before top 8 so I can't say for sure.

It was kinda painful to watch him grind GL through the entire finals. GL v Starfire doesn't look fun due to GL's shite mobiltiy, but I guess he has some good projectile trades against stardust.

E

Eldriken

Unless Storms decides to change the rule about spoilers, there's nothing that us mods can do to enforce it outside of making the thread(s) ourselves and omitting the spoiler.

It's been in discussion what we should do and a decision hasn't been reached yet.

It may seem like I'm of the "just deal with it" mentality, but that's not the case. My issue is how people approach the subject in most cases.

We know some of you despise spoilers and I understand that. I personally don't want anyone to feel they have to avoid the site to bypass spoilers. But that's currently the only option until a decision is reached.

Even if there is no rule change, perhaps there's something that can be done to where a thread can be marked as containing spoilers by the OP and there's a personal setting for users to toggle so they don't see the thread(s) until they turn it off. Or perhaps it could show "Thread containing spoilers" instead of the thread's actual title.

I'm just spitballing here because I'm not sure that's even possible. I just want everyone to have the best experience possible.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
To me the biggest issue with spoilers in titles is tym is the best place to find links and schedules for streams and archives of the tournament if someone wants to watch it without knowing the winner. Half these tournaments have terrible websites with random schedules that don't actually reflect when everything happened, and may have incorrect stream info. Entropic also makes the point that there are so many tournaments that it's easy to miss that one even happened, with a fresh set of pools and top 8 to watch.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
*sigh* Ok ...Let me keep it all the way live. I don't mind the spoilers because I watch the streams as they air or Youtube them, BUT I can see why some people are concerned. It would make better sense to just say "RESULTS OF_____" Instead of the winner in the title. I mean, we all come here because we obviously like it here. This request is not crazy out there to implement. It's a simple fix to keep people here. If they choose not to click on the results, then at least they have the option to do so, catch up on the tournament, and get in on the discussion like the rest of us. :)

That's just Uncle JBeezY's 2 cents tho, cuz I'm broke and wish I had 2 dollas for some Del Chicken tacos. Mmmmmm....tacos.....

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
Congrats to @Tweedy finally getting a huge win at CB. It's not his first major win but too see him show n prove the way he did was incredible. Many more to come in the years ahead.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Hype around CB 2018 was unreal and it seems that many find its result inspiring. I can see why, but it's not like this happened for the first time.

Not to me, unfortunately. It may be just my perception, but I just don't see respectable tournament activity I2 currently enjoys igniting anything in the community. Maybe I'm biased because my local community (even what I would otherwise call "NRS community") isn't terribly interested in Injustice, maybe it's because dropping TYM activity and the fact that forums no longer work as tech / guide aggregators and providing no other incentives to check it.

I was enjoying small events like Clashes and sets between competitive players as of late, and I was under impression that quality of matches in this game has skyrocketed thus, hopefully, setting high bar for NRS games in the future.

Unfortunately, CB provided a reality check. Bad MUs, perhaps, are not "8-2"s anymore, but they are still the killer, top-8 is full with dull parts of the roster (y'know, those we were sick of seeing since day 1 with the exception of some FOTMs of the past) whore character still takes the event (no offense to Tweedy this time - in fact, congrats to him). I guess I have to give it that I2 scene is not about who plays his pocket Deadshot better right now, but otherwise, subjectively, CB was nowhere near those micro-events I2 has online in terms of fun.

I will try to follow the new season ofc, but at this point I'm not expecting greater things than those I see on individual layer's Youtube channels we're all aware of.

BurdaA

Frost-Byte
Yeah, holy shit wtf happened to this thread...

Congrats @Tweedy, respect dude, but seriously, fuck this thread.

I would rather spoilers not be in thread titles, but ffs..... why isn’t this a separate thread if it’s become relevant again?

Then tweedy can get props, and my humanity can be less spoiled by deciding which of these two threads to post in.

Good articles both btw, but particularly @HellblazerHawkman imho

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Further proof that you can literally say anything about spoilers in this thread so long as it doesn't disagree with Crimson and it will be fine

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
To me the biggest issue with spoilers in titles is tym is the best place to find links and schedules for streams and archives of the tournament if someone wants to watch it without knowing the winner. Half these tournaments have terrible websites with random schedules that don't actually reflect when everything happened, and may have incorrect stream info. Entropic also makes the point that there are so many tournaments that it's easy to miss that one even happened, with a fresh set of pools and top 8 to watch.
Yeah that's my biggest issue. This is a good place to come for links and info about tourneys.... I mean it would be if it wasn't spoiled before you could even find where to stream them.

But I guess the official solution is "don't come here, go to other websites"?

But Im glad to see this game is still fresh and evolving. WITHOUT the need for a giant change like in MKX. Seeing new winners keeps people interested too.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Yeah that's my biggest issue. This is a good place to come for links and info about tourneys.... I mean it would be if it wasn't spoiled before you could even find where to stream them.
If you’re looking for the stream info, it’s always going to be up to at least 3 days before Top 8 finishes, sometimes more. It’s pretty easy to just bookmark it for later. But there’s another thread for this, so let’s keep this one on topic.

Hahaha!. This is supposed to be a Champion's congratulation thread... And it devolved into a spoilers vs no spoilers thread.... I will put my grain of sand and congratulate Tweedy again.... for his effort to win Combo Breaker.

This solidifies Starfire spot as a top tier char... I've Yet to see a great achievement for the supposed top 1 char in the game!.:DOGE. I hope to get proven wrong and She takes tourneys at the future.