What's new

Tweedy Wins Injustice: A Combo Breaker Retrospective

Deep33

Noob
Nothing wrong with character loyalty, it's just that Bane probably isn't the best character to be loyal to lol.

Bio lost to Tweedy because Tweedy played the better game. Bio went into CB knowing full well that Bane loses a good chunk of common matchups like Starfire and Fate but decided to stick with it, and should've understood that Tweedy had been grinding Starfire and Fate for a good while, among other players, including Honeybee. He had a pocket Starfire but it's a pocket at the end of the day. Bio picking Starfire at 0-1 instead of 0-2 doesn't guarantee a win, he might have if he did, but you can't say for sure.

Tweedy went into CB having an equally diverse cast of characters and understood who the best characters would be for the MU's he's likely to encounter and he grinded those characters to death. Tweedy was prepared as fuck for CB and understood the meta of the game, and it complemented his skill with Starfire and Fate perfectly - He was prepared for basically every MU in the game with his roster.

Also didn't realise we allowed cyberbullying on this website but that's none of my business.
Perhaps, you don't have the experience to comprehend my post. Or you might be a starfire player who's afraid your free lunch might go away soon when a coupla nerfs hit. Good luck anyways...

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
Perhaps, you don't have the experience to comprehend my post. Or you might be a starfire player who's afraid your free lunch might go away soon when a coupla nerfs hit. Good luck anyways...
You're right. I don't comprehend how you think that Tweedy won an entire major because of the character he was playing, or how that Starfire is some character that is an instant free win because "lol chip damage projectiles" even though her and Fate were the only two pure zoners played in top 8 from memory.

The only thing that you explained was why Bio lost to Tweedy, which basically came down to "Bio was under stress", which is probably true but there are dozens of other factors that come into play, and that "If he picked SF at 0-1 he would've won" which just isn't true, because you don't actually know, not for 100% certain.

Starfire is 100% not a free win, there's gaps in her block strings, her zoning is certainly possible to get past, there's answers to her footsie buttons, and her chip damage is almost never guaranteed. Everytime you see a SF go for Stardust on block it's a gimmicky, there's a gap there that can be full combo punished easily.

People who think that zoning is just a free win in IJ2 anymore are just flat out wrong, sorry. Deadshot got nerfed 6 months ago and he was the only one who has ever been a problem for the game. MB roll exists, and there are a plethora of counter zoning characters and bad MU's for zoners that people seem to disregard. Black Manta and Atom would be my first 2 picks. I'd also say that Hellboy, Cheetah, Beetle, Brainiac, and Supergirl would all be good picks, maybe not 6-4, but 5-5's at least.

But sure, keep thinking that Starfire is just a ridiculous character with 0 explanation as to why. I wouldn't be surprised if she got nerfed, but she isn't pre-patch Deadshot, and has clearly defined bad MU's and issues.

Deep33

Noob
You're right. I don't comprehend how you think that Tweedy won an entire major because of the character he was playing, or how that Starfire is some character that is an instant free win because "lol chip damage projectiles" even though her and Fate were the only two pure zoners played in top 8 from memory.

The only thing that you explained was why Bio lost to Tweedy, which basically came down to "Bio was under stress", which is probably true but there are dozens of other factors that come into play, and that "If he picked SF at 0-1 he would've won" which just isn't true, because you don't actually know, not for 100% certain.

Starfire is 100% not a free win, there's gaps in her block strings, her zoning is certainly possible to get past, there's answers to her footsie buttons, and her chip damage is almost never guaranteed. Everytime you see a SF go for Stardust on block it's a gimmicky, there's a gap there that can be full combo punished easily.

People who think that zoning is just a free win in IJ2 anymore are just flat out wrong, sorry. Deadshot got nerfed 6 months ago and he was the only one who has ever been a problem for the game. MB roll exists, and there are a plethora of counter zoning characters and bad MU's for zoners that people seem to disregard. Black Manta and Atom would be my first 2 picks. I'd also say that Hellboy, Cheetah, Beetle, Brainiac, and Supergirl would all be good picks, maybe not 6-4, but 5-5's at least.

But sure, keep thinking that Starfire is just a ridiculous character with 0 explanation as to why. I wouldn't be surprised if she got nerfed, but she isn't pre-patch Deadshot, and has clearly defined bad MU's and issues.
Yeah, i know every character King Tweed mained in MKX and why. It was very obvious to every fool that Deadshot would get nerfed soon enough. So, he took the next safer bet, 'borderline blurry broke' ass SF. I can name a few that fall in this category from different FGs that made me fly at the tournys 10 to 5 yrs ago. I was laughing a few weeks ago watching old Daigo getting tossed around by Menat. Dude, i know every dirty trick in the book and i played them all back in my days. 17 yrs with Smash, Tekken and SF, i simply don't have the patience to write essays here now. True, character choice when you're a competitive player requires you to be sinister/shrewd and i can give Tweedy that. So, continue to cherish that feeling of greatness you're feeling as you try to explain yourself in an intelligent manner. But, If you'll excuse me, I am gonna mow my lawn and play me some Swamp thing after. Bye now.

Cursa

Yeah, i know every character King Tweed mained in MKX and why. It was very obvious to every fool that Deadshot would get nerfed soon enough. So, he took the next safer bet, 'borderline blurry broke' ass SF. I can name a few that fall in this category from different FGs that made me fly at the tournys 10 to 5 yrs ago. I was laughing a few weeks ago watching old Daigo getting tossed around by Menat. Dude, i know every dirty trick in the book and i played them all back in my days. 17 yrs with Smash, Tekken and SF, i simply don't have the patience to write essays here now. True, character choice when you're a competitive player requires you to be sinister/shrewd and i can give Tweedy that. So, continue to cherish that feeling of greatness you're feeling as you try to explain yourself in an intelligent manner. But, If you'll excuse me, I am gonna mow my lawn and play me some Swamp thing after. Bye now.
So, as my last post and just to be sure, you're saying that Tweedy won specifically because he made the smart choice, picked a "borderline broken instant win chip damage" character, and I'm meant to take that as truth because you have...

..experience?

Just being sure, no shade at all.

Last edited:

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
While I appreciate the props to me and the other news guys for the work we do, this is the thing that kind of grinds my gears: people get upset randomly one day about spoilers in a results post. So we make it a point to leave spoilers out of thread titles. This post discussing Tweedy's win has gotten more activity than the non-spoilers one. When my job is to get people engaging with the site more, that kind of tells me we should just go back to spoilers in the titles so we can get people at least popping on to complain.

If there's something different we can be doing to get people on board, let us know! Clearly, the news team is open to criticism so we can change things up, if me doing the big wall of text is too much say something. Tried to break things up with stream grabs this time around, but I was on public wi-fi all weekend so I know they didn't come out great.
your thread is the good one. This thread is getting posts about this, because people aren't happy with it. People aren't on board with this one, and this is them making posts about it. It's not in your thread because everyone is happy with the way you did it.

On that note, the fact that this comes up all the time in threads with spoilers in them and always turns into a hot debate, while on the flipside of the coin when there's a thread like Hellblazer's one with no spoilers in the title there's not a peep about it in there and nobody even notices, goes to show that people simply care more about spoilers in the title. TYM needs to admit that a few people are adamant against change not because it affects them at all but because it doesn't and it bothers them that others are catered to, and because a top player or two got extra salty back during the initial dispute and (literally) brigaded TYM to influence the outcome of the decision.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
I honestly don't think they've been pushed away -- I'm sure they'll be back. This was just a wake-up call that 1) People have been putting in work to get better, but also mainly that 2) Whoever is hungrier for these wins is going to edge out people who may have already assumed that they're good enough. I think that this isn't set in stone, which makes it really interesting for tournaments coming up.
I didn't mean "push away" as if that they are no longer at the top and need to come back, I meant that they pushed them away as if the new guys winning in order to get their place at the top along with the guys that are already there. Hope that I've made myself clear. But yes you are right with your points in your post for sure.

Deep33

Noob
So, as my last post and just to be sure, you're saying that Tweedy won specifically because he made the smart choice, picked a "borderline broken instant win chip damage" character, and I'm meant to take that as truth because you have...

..experience?

Just being sure, no shade at all.
Its funny that Biohazard wins 2 games with starfire after he went 2 down with Bane(when starfire's his pocket character, nowhere near his main). Tweedy, who's been grinding Starfire since the dawn of time loses 2 with Bio's pocket character and barely eeks out a win. That should say a lot about freeload Tweedy and Starfire, in general. When you play a set of 10 with guys like Tokido or Daigo, you will distinctly feel that these guys are reading your every thought. Its a paranormal experience, lol. That's the kinda thing a regular run of the mill simpleton like Tweedy will never be capable of.

I am a bit suspicious now that "Cursa" and a sinister donut may be the same guy with 2 different logins. NRS, NERF STARFIRE and make his livelihood honest. Cut his freeload. (Donut just crapped his pants shivering in fear boyz, NRS's cutting his freeload) LOL

Last edited:

Inzzane_79

Every time someone farts, a demon gets his wings
..... 'borderline blurry broke' ass SF. .....
Please stop, now you are just making a fool of yourself.

Sorry but Starfire is far away from being a broken character.

You just seem to not like Tweedy and/or Starfire so you´re trying to downplay his achievement by saying that the character he picked is broken.

From someone who claims to have 15+ years of experience in FGs and therefore should be a bit older than the majority, this is not very mature.

Please stop, now you are just making a fool of yourself.

Sorry but Starfire is far away from being a broken character.

You just seem to not like Tweedy and/or Starfire so you´re trying to downplay his achievement by saying that the character he picked is broken.

From someone who claims to have 15+ years of experience in FGs and therefore should be a bit older than the majority, this is not very mature.
Time only makes people old, whether they become wise or not only depends on them.

Cursa

I am a bit suspicious now that "Cursa" and a sinister donut may be the same guy with 2 different logins. NRS, NERF STARFIRE and make his livelihood honest. Cut his freeload. (Donut just crapped his pants shivering in fear boyz, NRS's cutting his freeload) LOL
I lied, that wasnn't my last post.

It's all over boys, I've been found.

Nah for reals though? I'm actual SonicFox. Yea uh I think that SF is a fair and balanced character because reasons. /s but I like how I can do this too.

Its funny that Biohazard wins 2 games with starfire after he went 2 down with Bane(when starfire's his pocket character, nowhere near his main). Tweedy, who's been grinding Starfire since the dawn of time loses 2 with Bio's pocket character and barely eeks out a win. That should say a lot about freeload Tweedy and Starfire, in general.
Yeah, it probably says that Tweedy was the better player at the end of the day. because y'know, he won.

All you've actually said is that Tweedy won because of "broke" SF (Not outlined why) and that she needs nerfs (Not outlined how) based on your X amount of years in FG (Not outlined clearly). Even though there's specific and effective counters to her, regardless of character. Remember that everytime you see her cancel into stardust its a huge bill and IIRC always has a gap.

You know, the sort of gap punishes that might have won Bio the game should he have abused them consistently.

trufenix

bye felicia
Tweedy appreciation thread with more posts but even less props than results thread. Stay classy guys.

Ggs @Tweedy still rooting for you since the Possessed Kenshi days.

jcbowie

...more deadly than the dawn.
Its funny that Biohazard wins 2 games with starfire after he went 2 down with Bane(when starfire's his pocket character, nowhere near his main). Tweedy, who's been grinding Starfire since the dawn of time loses 2 with Bio's pocket character and barely eeks out a win. That should say a lot about freeload Tweedy and Starfire, in general. When you play a set of 10 with guys like Tokido or Daigo, you will distinctly feel that these guys are reading your every thought. Its a paranormal experience, lol. That's the kinda thing a regular run of the mill simpleton like Tweedy will never be capable of.

It's like you've been trying to hit every single scrub stereotype in your tirade against a character you can't beat. It's a shame you're bad. Why don't you take a nap bud.

Tataklee

Noob
As a purely casual player I don't think I'm qualified to decide whether or not Starfire is a broken character, but I really cannot imagine that anyone would enjoy watching her extremely zone heavy gameplay.

While characters like Fate bring some type of swag to the table, at least to me watching Starfire repeat her two or three moves over and over again feels almost painful.

I'm pretty sure that super zone heavy one trick ponys like Starfire and Deadshot before the nerfs are really hindering the game from gaining a larger viewerbase.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Congrats to Tweedy on the win. Tournament was hype as fuck. Amazing character representation, crazy upsets.. this tournament showed everything great about Inj2 and it's scene imo.

I'm not blaming anyone. I wasn't going to watch this tournament at all actually, only got interested after seeing Tweedy won in the results thread. It so happened that the spoilers got me interested this time. I would've HATED if results were spoiled fir MK9 and MKX, because I'm interested in those games. But my question is to Crimson specifically, why he thinks he has the right to spoil results on the main page.

Good luck. Just do what they say and avoid the site entirely until whenever a tournament is happening, might happen, could have happened, or anything in between. If you didnt know about a tournament that happened, well, too bad, so sad, you're out of luck.. because relegating spoilers until after the jump (or implementing a spoilers tag in the headline itself) or allowing a few days as a grace period, is WAY past even the smallesy consideration, AND, of course, not putting the winners name in the headline on TYM just totally devalues the win and shows huge disrespect to the winner. I am ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE that Tweedy has worked so hard and expended so much effort for the sole purpose of seeing his name in a headline on a TYM news post. I mean, why else would anyone git gud at an NRS game, except to see their name here?

Which is a hilariously stupid and small-minded policy for a site that has openly denounced the listing and mention of Discord servers because it routes traffic away from the site.. and a site that isn't even remotely as active as it used to be.
But hey, just DONT COME TO THE SITE, because even though there are several meet-in-the-middle solutions that can still congratulate the winner(s) as well as avoid spoiling the tournament for people who for any.number of reasons, weren't able to watch it live - or werent aware it was/had even happened yet. (Such as real life responsibilities that conflict with the tournament schedule, and/or make it difficult to keep up with the coming and goings of numerous tournaments).

So, ya know, just don't come to the website, I guess spend your time in a dis... Whoops!

Cursa

Good luck. Just do what they say and avoid the site entirely until whenever a tournament is happening, might happen, could have happened, or anything in between. If you didnt know about a tournament that happened, well, too bad, so sad, you're out of luck.. because relegating spoilers until after the jump (or implementing a spoilers tag in the headline itself) or allowing a few days as a grace period, is WAY past even the smallesy consideration, AND, of course, not putting the winners name in the headline on TYM just totally devalues the win and shows huge disrespect to the winner. I am ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE that Tweedy has worked so hard and expended so much effort for the sole purpose of seeing his name in a headline on a TYM news post. I mean, why else would anyone git gud at an NRS game, except to see their name here?

Which is a hilariously stupid and small-minded policy for a site that has openly denounced the listing and mention of Discord servers because it routes traffic away from the site.. and a site that isn't even remotely as active as it used to be.
But hey, just DONT COME TO THE SITE, because even though there are several meet-in-the-middle solutions that can still congratulate the winner(s) as well as avoid spoiling the tournament for people who for any.number of reasons, weren't able to watch it live - or werent aware it was/had even happened yet. (Such as real life responsibilities that conflict with the tournament schedule, and/or make it difficult to keep up with the coming and goings of numerous tournaments).

So, ya know, just don't come to the website, I guess spend your time in a dis... Whoops!
I didn't think it was possible to make a post this long and be sarcastic through the entire thing

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
The weird thing is that it seemed sonic fox was focusing a lot more on injustice than dbfz over the last month. At least that’s what it seemed like from his streaming.

I could be wrong but that is the impression I got

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
Congrats to Tweedy on the win. Tournament was hype as fuck. Amazing character representation, crazy upsets.. this tournament showed everything great about Inj2 and it's scene imo.

Stop making sense.

Gojira Prime

Zoner Green Lantern for Injustice 3.
Can someone tell me why Gross switches off Black Adam? Green Lantern has way fewer options. Since NRS refuses to let him use his ring.