What's new

Turning Over a New Leaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
I want to take a trip down memory lane here and talk about something I have held for a while. I agree with post this to a large extent. The only thing I will add is that we all want to be considered the best with our character. All of us.

I was considered the best Nightwolf in MK9 until @Big D came along and got top 8. Big D used to watch my videos, ask me questions and talk to me about tech all the time. He wasn't the player we know him as now. He was a little unconfident and did not expect to go that far. Actually, the spotlight was on me to make top 8. I was a little cocky, and very confident aaaaaand I got beat first round by a random raiden player by a timeout win. Was I jealous of Big D? of course I was. It was supposed to be me in the top 8 with Nightwolf. I had lost the NW of America title and I couldn't take that away from him. I didn't scrutinize his path or down play CD jr. I simply shook his hand, told him he did great, and we have been friends ever since. What kind of person would I be if I told him "good job but CDjr isn't waffles." - a douche...thats what

I won't lie. I do want to outplace every other NW player even if we are at the same tourney. I don't want them to lose but I certainly want to out perform them. This is a single man sport. Like track and field or swimming. You race your team mates all the time but in the end you want the gold. This is why its so hard for me to just sit back and say "thank you" to NW players who say "good job but..." Its because I have been there and took the high road. Its because I have been around long enough to know that others are fully capable of taking away the "title" from me and if I don;t keep up and attend more tournaments I know it will happen.

-end rant. continue.

edit...NW of America is now @GGA Saucy Jack (Beat me 3-0 in NW mirrors) and by NW I mean Nightwolf not Nightwing...lol
Saucey Jack is considered NW of America based on the rules set forth by Sajam and Flipino Man. Mirrors are a complete meta test and should be considered weighed higher than all major tournament wins combined.
I never said mirrors make somebody better with a character.

Me being a better player and better with the character make me better than you, but since this thread isn't about that I won't waste my time arguing.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game

Me being a better player and better with the character make me better than you, but since this thread isn't about that I won't waste my time arguing.
Ok then I apparently misunderstood everything about challenging me to mirrors or filipino man challenging goomba to mirrors. I apologize to you for misreading your intent when challenging me to a mirror match. I must be stupid to think you wanted to challenge me in order to prove you were the better NW. I was wrong.

Bro stay out of this thread unless you can add value to it. Your doing exactly what the OP was intended to squash.

Filipino Man

Retirement my ass
Ok then I apparently misunderstood everything about challenging me to mirrors or filipino man challenging goomba to mirrors. I apologize to you for misreading your intent when challenging me to a mirror match. I must be stupid to think you wanted to challenge me in order to prove you were the better NW. I was wrong.

Bro stay out of this thread unless you can add value to it. Your doing exactly what the OP was intended to squash.
What does me challenging goomba (which btw if you read the thread I never said I did it to prove myself as the best) have to do anything with Stephen's opinion on mirror match?

Fact of the matter is Stephen talked no shit until you made your own petty thread. You just misread between the likes through the lens of your insecurity and felt threatened because you probably formulated something in your head that was fact and flaw in your gameplay and placing.

I think you're bad at fighting games and only won because lack of MU knowledge on the opponent's parts and there are others that share my opinion. You need to stop talking shit on me because I would body your shit as I know the NW MU and I'm the better fighting game player.

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement

Like I mentioned in my post, this wasn't the place to discus this. If you didn't want to talk about, maybe you shouldn't have brought it up? Cool, thanks.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
What does me challenging goomba (which btw if you read the thread I never said I did it to prove myself as the best) have to do anything with Stephen's opinion on mirror match?

Fact of the matter is Stephen talked no shit until you made your own petty thread. You just misread between the likes through the lens of your insecurity and felt threatened because you probably formulated something in your head that was fact and flaw in your gameplay and placing.

I think you're bad at fighting games and only won because lack of MU knowledge on the opponent's parts and there are others that share my opinion. You need to stop talking shit on me because I would body your shit as I know the NW MU and I'm the better fighting game player.
Like I mentioned in my post, this wasn't the place to discus this. If you didn't want to talk about, maybe you shouldn't have brought it up? Cool, thanks.
k thanks

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !

keep da peace!!! on a side note, i like your umvc3 videos :)

@Emperor DMS I love this bro and this is deff the way to make sure we don't become that all inclusive "street fighter " or "marvel" mind set. Not to mention even though I played like shit on stream I have learn pretty much all of my tech from u @KDZ and @Theo so ya the more we share the strong we become

This community is still growing up so growing pains are inevitable at this stage. It's part of the process as a community gets bigger as a game gains more popularity.
Capcom games' community went through the exact thing during the initial revival of Street Fighter back then.

Though it certainly helps to voice out such growing pains to encourage discourse of this type of matters.

ryublaze

Noob
Shootous to the Skarlet community right there, and the ppl who played against it, we didn't spend time bragging and claiming who was better, we spend our time discovering tech and exanging, combining styles and avaluate everything, i would never ever be a complete Skarlet player without your help guys, only if the whole community who main different characters could have the same philosophy. however is always "You don't know shit about X or Y character, bla bla blah, waaaaah waaaah waaaah".

You guys were the most understand person in the whole community, we were selfish sometimes, but we did solve our differences and in the end, we valued for the most common good besides of multiple and different playstyles. Too bad we didn't travel much to show some awesome shit, bad luck i guess.

Next time i decide to sit up on a NRS game to research no matter what character i'm using, who ever needs a hand or wants to help, his opinion is always welcome and will be studied to the bone.

Now that i finished riding all your dicks, i'm going to tag you guys and say thank you.

@AK L0rdoftheFLY
@AssassiN
@Ninj
@xKhaotic_Shangx
@SaJa
@UsedForGlue
F0xy
@MoonSpell
May 23rd

Art

Grave_Intent
Yea, I think DMS is right! The only foreseeable problem is that the competitive edge that drives allot of players is really the only thing stopping people from this. When a person wants to win they keep tech and strats to them selves in order to maintain an edge over the competition. And, unfortunately when money is on the line as well as hours of practice and in some cases money to enter/travel with, the concept becomes more real in terms of trying to come out ahead or to at least break even.

With that in mind, there will always be those "top" players who hold back. I don't think there's allot we can do to change it. DMS has a beautiful concept and ideology, but I fear it will never be 100% realized :(

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
I mean come on we all gotta have this hype and competition to make the FGC be a better community. If we didnt have "Rivals" or heels and faces as you say it would be pretty boring. Its the the players and their "Ego's" thats it.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
I agree with the whole "let's not all bag on each other constantly" point, but you know that deep down inside everyone wants to be the best. We wouldn't all be here if we weren't so competitive that we needed to start playing video games seriously as an outlet lol

TurboTaco

Mexican street vendor
I just finished reading all these comments and I'm in tears laughing. It all started out so well with everyone talking about how they were gonna change and be nicer to each other and not even 3 pages in people were arguing already.

Status
Not open for further replies.