What's new

Breakthrough - Kobu Jutsu Tuck Fanya - The Guide and Tech to help Beat brain dead and good Tanyas

Dr Jackal

Dr__Jackal
Of course you do...
Now you have the tools to punish lot of no brain situations. Everything is well explained and I hate myself for have not seen that before.

Last edited:

Immortal

Blind justice....
Good stuff but the ex tonfa punish was known like day 2 of Tanya release.

Problem is and always was that smart Tanya players will mix things up and going for ex tonfa is just 1 in 4. And the moment you punish them for doing it they will obviously stop using it. Tanya have few other, decent options.

Also dunno why some people say Tanya is braindead character, if so then like 1/2 or even 3/4 of the roster is braindead.

Last edited:

Emperor Eevee

Learn to take a joke pal!
This has been known for the longest. The reasons everyone thinks "X" character is broken/braindead is because no one in this community labs shit out and when they do, it's a rare occurrence that they find something useful or not known. IMO, this is just like Batgirl in Injustice. Only the players that grind out MU's and neutral with the character will get anywhere with that character I.E., MIT(if he still uses her :confused:), Dab, Dragon, SonicFox, West Coast Jeff, Me:))), ETC. How is Tanya more braindead than how Shinnok/Quan were/still are? I just don't understand all the Tanya hate. She's been nerfed like what, 2-3 times now? What more do you guys want?

Props to @Pig Of The Hut for actually spending time in the lab unlike others, but I wouldn't call Tanya braindead. Nor would I say the players who actually main and don't have her as a pocket character are braindead/bad.

DarkFire*

Your halo is mine.
This is really good. Usually when I play people I actually do test the waters by doing B1 2+4 EX Tonfa or EX Tonfa from a distance just to see if they know better, if they don't I abuse it lmao. But if they do know all this then I just stick to B1 EX Tonfa (while spacing it correctly so it jails)

I guess that would make me a "smart-ass" because I knew this since I main her lol but great video bro, should def help people see that she can't do whatever she wants all the time

IMO she is still really good though :) I feel like she only looks 'brain-dead' when people don't know how to fight her so they just get away with gimmicks, but once you fight someone who knows the MU as a Tanya player it's actually full of mind-games/baits/etc. I love it :D

Last edited:

iMileena

"I will cut a hole in you"
Literally the most irritating thing In this game is a brain dead player probably worst then the netcode. The clown has no idea what frame data is, footsies or even what is punishable in the game.. oh but knows how to B1 2+4 tanfa toss the whole time smh thanks for finding this lol

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
You knew what to do,and you accomplished the desired move after 5 mistakes,if you were in a tournament you would have gone home early,just for trying to react.I respect the hour(s?) you spend in practice but whatever you do,once she gets in,she is the boss,lets admit it!

Ns_Brutalmileena

Wheres Mileener!BRUH

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Great information Pig! I'm watching now :)

A few months ago I posted about buffering armour through Rekkas as an option select, it's still good stuff that I use to this day.
http://testyourmight.com/threads/anti-tanya-tonfa-tech.55239/

And of course you can buffer backdash + block if you don't have meter but some characters with bad backdashes can get caught if you backdash the first Rekka gap and the next one chases you down for a punish.

Last edited: