What's new

General/Other Trident Rush.....argument over

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Pig's statement that he has no problem with Aquaman is directly correlated with how long he hasn't played me. He's pulling a Tom Brady and is refusing to give me GAMMMEEESSSS.
Best post on TYM in a long time, im dying of laughter on the bus and people are looking at me weird.

Edit: Wow quoted the wrong post

Last edited:

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
@AK Pig Of The Hut thank you for this thread, I got pizza with Tom and a few others after DTN and he saw this thread. Guess what our topic of discussion was for dinner!
Him going 1-2 and watching Rico who has nt played or train in months use a character he hasn't used since oct and do what he said doesn't work and beat the guy who beat him 2-0?

Plz do tell

Or was it a chilling tale about him calling p2wand spreading a lot of lies to stir up shit unnecessarily because he's emo I retired him and his shit Lao at FF which he never paid me the $50 because I don't take business cards as cash

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
This thread is very weird.

Pig definitely made it to blow up just Brady, but tons of other people for some reason assumed that there were a bunch of people downplaying Trident Rush when nobody else was.

It's like a whole bunch of people righteously saying "I TOLD YOU SO!" to people who don't exist.

Pig's original point should still stand though. Did Brady really say Trident rush isn't good...? That's nuts...

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Him going 1-2 and watching Rico who has nt played or train in months use a character he hasn't used since oct and do what he said doesn't work and beat the guy who beat him 2-0?

Plz do tell

Or was it a chilling tale about him calling p2wand spreading a lot of lies to stir up shit unnecessarily because he's emo I retired him and his shit Lao at FF which he never paid me the $50 because I don't take business cards as cash
Daaaaaaammmmmnnnnnnn. MB trident rush initiated.

Anyway on topic: It's said the move is mostly safe/semi unsafe yes? What characters can punish it? Are they top tier characters? Is it pre patch superman f2,3 or what?

Reactions: 7L

Pig Of The Hut

Anyway on topic: It's said the move is mostly safe/semi unsafe yes? What characters can punish it? Are they top tier characters? Is it pre patch superman f2,3 or what?
Batman
MMH
GL
Lex
Flash
To name a few however by pressing button 4 all is well and there is not such a thing really

Pig Of The Hut

This thread is very weird.

Pig definitely made it to blow up just Brady, but tons of other people for some reason assumed that there were a bunch of people downplaying Trident Rush when nobody else was.

It's like a whole bunch of people righteously saying "I TOLD YOU SO!" to people who don't exist.

Pig's original point should still stand though. Did Brady really say Trident rush isn't good...? That's nuts...
He said trident rush gets blown up by good competition and was a chief reason he blows up wound cowboy and theo's AM

Also said 90% can punish it

7L

Heads up!

non mb, some characters can duck the last hit and punish, meter burned, it's safe but I'm pretty sure it's negative so they can't follow up. But the amount of damage on hit and block is just insane. I think that's the problem that we're getting here. Rico ran loose with trident rush.

For pig's reply...somebody get me a shots fired gif. I'm not up on all this fancy gif stuff yet.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
He said trident rush gets blown up by good competition and was a chief reason he blows up wound cowboy and theo's AM

Also said 90% can punish it
For reference, if a MB Trident Rush is spaced correctly, I think the only thing that can punish it are a few super fast supers.

Shazam also gets a free command grab, the only way out is for Aquaman to backdash, which can be punished by b23 or something. Basically Shazam gets a free 50/50.

Shazam top 3?

Pig Of The Hut

For reference, if a MB Trident Rush is spaced correctly, I think the only thing that can punish it are a few super fast supers.

Shazam also gets a free command grab, the only way out is for Aquaman to backdash, which can be punished by b23 or something. Basically Shazam gets a free 50/50.

Shazam top 3?
That's tight,

How fast is b2?

Pig Of The Hut

No but he has one of the forward dashes that can get past it's backwards hitbox, then he can do this:

EDIT: Also works if you happen to forward teleport through his teleport.
That's awesome

So far superman gets 67% , flash 54% , shazam seems to be in third w this addition.

Awesome stuff

I know ZOD gets a 40% ending w trait summon

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I still believe that we should complain about Martian Manhunter's overhead teleport instead.

MB Trident Rush is obviously very good against most characters.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
I think my favorite is pig saying rico never "trains" in Injustice lol. training.... lol playing a fighting game...... I bet no one else watched the KI top 8, rico is just super smart and fast fast thinking, great player, he deserved this win man, cause he was the smarter player, and the better execution on the day, and the games were great to watch.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
I think my favorite is pig saying rico never "trains" in Injustice lol. training.... lol playing a fighting game...... I bet no one else watched the KI top 8, rico is just super smart and fast fast thinking, great player, he deserved this win man, cause he was the smarter player, and the better execution on the day, and the games were great to watch.

But Jimmy he just D1 Trident rushed......... but dude, who just pushed buttons and had to jump all over hell and throw bats as he just sat there and waited for the oportunity...... lol, Arma hung himself man, and he knows it, lets level up guys .