What's new

Question - TriBorg Triborgs best variation? Which one?

Which Tri-Borg Variation is officially the BEST overall so far?(discussion, opinions)

• Total voters

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Yeah I think Smoke is the worst or 2nd worst variation from messing around so far, but CSZ is primed for future nerfs it seems like and Smoke is still pretty damn fun to play so I am could care less where he falls. With this character, being the worst variation isn't a huge deal...since it still means he is pretty damn good.

Azmodeus

The harder I work, the luckier I get
I can't see why CSZ is better than Cyrax, his hard to blockable setups are far too inconsistent and few as opposed to his counterpart, and the damage is lower as well.

Any pin point examples of what CSZ does better? Divekick into bomb is useless since you can't jail anyone to stand in it if they have half a brain. You can't shoot bombs in a combo that has freeze in it, as opposed to Cyrax.
Instead Cyrax gets hard to blockables on every net.

So what am I missing? The other moveset is identical so......
So far my understanding of it is that CSZ has the potential, but i don't think any practical setups have been found. I personally feel like they're even because CSZ has lower damage but has a better neutral game so far with divekicks, slides, and drone enchances, but cyrax gets higher damage and easier/practical setups.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
I'm definitively getting more mileage out of Cyrax in terms of setups and hard to blockables.

CSZ divekick seems awesome but when you actually start playing the game you will get knocked out of it by almost any j3 in the game. It's not like MK9, the arc here is weird as in it always ends up under the air attack of the opponent and you will lose the trade (say welcome to Sub j1 j3 jax j1 scorpion j3).

If you do setups with CSZ you lose much more damage, rather than Cyrax who can do a setup after a 30-35% combo.

f12 hitbox on 2 activates so late I am always getting jabbed out of it it's not even funny.

b2 - LOL. It's a joke, unless you combo it from a jumpin 2 it's useless, even random mashers poke me out of it if I try to footsie and punish a d1 or a d3, they just spam it and hit me with the second one.
On pressure if I try to mix up with b2 I always get uppercuted out of it on spam so ..yea...

The only thing I love is that I get to SPAM f2 against GRANDMASTER HAVE SOME FFS.

Other than that, I'd take Cyrax any day over CSZ.

CSZ has absurd mobility, extremely strong AA, a great NJP, good carry, and good setups. Some of his setups leading to damage in the mid to upper 40s. Low damage? uh.. no.

Cyrax is broken? whatever. People see combos with like 6 or 7 bombs blowing up and relaunching and they automatically start screaming "lol broken!"

Aside from a combo taking 15 seconds off the timer, it's just a 35 to 37% combo off a mixup. The meterless combos reaching into the 40% range aren't even practical. so what? It's not like these multiple bomb combos are doing 80%. He has decent reset setups where he gets to set up "hard to block" oh/lows. He's not the only character that gets to do that. Calling it broken is retarded.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Um... what AA does CSZ have that Cyrax doesn't have? He has the same normals. NJP is not that great, it has whiffing issues and I can hands down say Cage's is much better.

Some of his setups? Which ones? The only reliable setup is the one of off his b2, the others are easily escapable.
Cyrax on the other hand gets you in a setup whenever he wants to off of anything anywhere.

P.s. nobody said any borg was broken, we were just discussing which is better.

They are far from broken.

Matix218

Get over here!
Yeah I think Smoke is the worst or 2nd worst variation from messing around so far, but CSZ is primed for future nerfs it seems like and Smoke is still pretty damn fun to play so I am could care less where he falls. With this character, being the worst variation isn't a huge deal...since it still means he is pretty damn good.
I played like 30 matches against a pretty good smoke last night (I was using hellfire and ninjutsu scorp) and he seems pretty decent to me. The other player had all of the vortex/5050 setups/combo enders down pretty well. I have not bought kp2 yet (im a physical disc copy guy so I gotta get to my local gamestop and buy it) so I didn't know all of the frame data (what I could punish, what is plus, when I can get my turn back) at first but I pretty much figured it out as I went. Smoke does not seem insanely unsafe to me but I am a scorpion player so everyone seems safe to me haha. I think smoke is solid for sure even if he ends up being the worst of the 4

b2aze

Xbox GT: OneTrueKingSB
I think CSZ is being hopped on a little too fast. Theres not many practical setups and most of his good moves like b2 can be poked on reaction, and dive kick can be hit out of or traded. He is very strong dont get me wrong but i dont think he is triborg's best variation. I think that sektor might take that title.

Sektor
CSZ
Cyrax
Smoke. I think this is the way triborgs variations should be ordered.

RiBBz22

I played like 30 matches against a pretty good smoke last night (I was using hellfire and ninjutsu scorp) and he seems pretty decent to me. The other player had all of the vortex/5050 setups/combo enders down pretty well. I have not bought kp2 yet (im a physical disc copy guy so I gotta get to my local gamestop and buy it) so I didn't know all of the frame data (what I could punish, what is plus, when I can get my turn back) at first but I pretty much figured it out as I went. Smoke does not seem insanely unsafe to me but I am a scorpion player so everyone seems safe to me haha. I think smoke is solid for sure even if he ends up being the worst of the 4
Yeah don't much stock into day 1 shenanigans. Just from an options standpoint he seems like the worst on paper. He is still pretty good and at least fun to play. He relies too much on meter imo and having zero armor is also going to cause problems.

Matix218

Get over here!
Yeah don't much stock into day 1 shenanigans. Just from an options standpoint he seems like the worst on paper. He is still pretty good and at least fun to play. He relies too much on meter imo and having zero armor is also going to cause problems.
I agree 100% no armor is an issue and he has the lowest damage or at least it seems that way now. He will likely prove to be weaker than the other robots. He is very straight forward, has a vortex, has to spend meter to be plus in his pressure, no armor, mediocre damage. It seems like kind of a lazy designed character tbh, he doesn't have great anything but he has a vortex so paulo just went with it lol.

D

Deleted member 9158

I hear it is cyber sub, but I haven't tried him yet

Addhad

GOD OF EARTHRELM
Babe don't listen to them cyber sub smoke and idk abt sektor and cyrax so EQUAL like gay rights <3. But smoke gets free 50-50s like smoke bomb being -6 he turned into a safe scorp because it can be looped and looped and looped but here's the thing you guess right no punish if he eX plus 8 #broke. I ain't even gon get into cyber sub but I'll get into u tonite;) <3

Tweedy

Noob
Babe don't listen to them cyber sub smoke and idk abt sektor and cyrax so EQUAL like gay rights <3. But smoke gets free 50-50s like smoke bomb being -6 he turned into a safe scorp because it can be looped and looped and looped but here's the thing you guess right no punish if he eX plus 8 #broke. I ain't even gon get into cyber sub but I'll get into u tonite;) <3
Mane..... All dem bombs have gaps cuz dafuq is you talkin' bout?

RiBBz22

I agree 100% no armor is an issue and he has the lowest damage or at least it seems that way now. He will likely prove to be weaker than the other robots. He is very straight forward, has a vortex, has to spend meter to be plus in his pressure, no armor, mediocre damage. It seems like kind of a lazy designed character tbh, he doesn't have great anything but he has a vortex so paulo just went with it lol.
b21 is a really awesome string. It is borderline ridiculous because it can more or less whiff punish something from full screen. He definitely still has some swag though. I am not complaining at all and really don't need him to be a top tier character that people endlessly bitch about.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
So discuss, so far who is the best variation for Triborg!? We have him, we've played with them, so far of course I know it's too early for match ups but in your opinion just as far as Tri-Borg is concerned, who's the best choice?

Discuss guys!

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Even though it's too early to tell and any speculation about who will end up the best is therefore still just that (speculation), I voted Cyrax bc I think it's only a matter of time before some truly broken shit is found with him. I mean, it's Cyrax FFS.

Azmodeus

The harder I work, the luckier I get
Cyrax will take the cake for high damage and hard-to-blockables. Sektor will have the best zoning and decent oki. Smoke has a vortex and solid anti-zoning (so does sektor). Cyber Sub looks like he will have an awesome neutral with divekicks and bombs. Each variation appears to specialize in something, while still having tools to do the rest. It comes down to how you want to play the game. Personally, I think Cyrax will come out on top given time, followed by Sektor (who it looks will play like a teleporting tremor :eek:), then Cyber Sub, and finally Smoke (probably going to be played like kitana/gm sub, walking back and waiting for an opportunity to punish with a b21, ex tele, or smoke bomb).