What's new

Question - TriBorg Triborgs best variation? Which one?

Which Tri-Borg Variation is officially the BEST overall so far?(discussion, opinions)

• Total voters

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
Normally I'm there with you on this boat. But Jason was a thing and Warrior Predator was a thing, and Metallic tremor felt the weakest but still solid. Staff Tanya was too a thing.
lobo, zatanna, rain, weren't really top at launch and scorpion ended up being a shitter by the end of Igau. There are obviously exceptions but for the most part it's fair to expect the dlc to be broke.

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
?? Not only was Tom bodying everyone (no dis to him hed play sz even if he was worst in game), everyone was bodying everyone with gm and even after the nerfs hes still a top character

People will only tighten up his game and make his combos more optimal, waiting a few months wont suddenly make him mid tier
There was nothing wrong with GM subzero and tom was not bodying any other high level players, his guide was useful for us casuals who play against scrubs. GM sub was not broken just bunch if whiners who didn't want to change their approach, we see same happening here.

Last edited:
Um... what AA does CSZ have that Cyrax doesn't have? He has the same normals. NJP is not that great, it has whiffing issues and I can hands down say Cage's is much better.

Some of his setups? Which ones? The only reliable setup is the one of off his b2, the others are easily escapable.
Cyrax on the other hand gets you in a setup whenever he wants to off of anything anywhere.

P.s. nobody said any borg was broken, we were just discussing which is better.

They are far from broken.
Someone did say Cyrax was broken actually. But whatevs. Cyrax and CSZ both have standing 4 ice ball or standing 4 net for anti air, Cyrax can also ex air grab for a big combo or a bomb setup as well. I didn't say CSZ had better AA than Cyrax. I just said he had good AA.

CSZ can carry you close to 3/4 across the stage into the corner off a mix up. Have fun with CSZ if he knocks you down in the corner. Which setups? let's see.. Off a mixup into an ice ball into HKD... F131 ice bomb. Then B1, B3, throw, B2, D3 slide, take your pick.

In terms of easily escapable, I'm not sure how that compares to Cyrax's since I need to test it more, but you can backdash, armor, or jump out of every one of Cyrax's that I've seen. You don't have the same recovery frames after falling out of a net in the air as MK9. People seem to be assuming it works the same way when this happens. It doesn't.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Cyber Sub is probably the best but people are sleeping on Sektor imo. He can convert from fullscreen and punish just about every projectile with instant air teleport. He also has a good mid in f212 and b2 is a great footsie tool.
Sektor is really good im playing him has great spacing

but keep in mind his tele is 26 frames so slower than Scorps and Takadas so it really depends on the projectile

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
Sektor is really good im playing him has great spacing

but keep in mind his tele is 26 frames so slower than Scorps and Takadas so it really depends on the projectile
Yeah and it's definitely not easy but if you're doing it instant enough you should catch most of them. But I haven't played against too many different characters yet so you're right. I've mostly played Sektor mirrors or vs Smoke and Cyber Sub, it's kinda tiring. lmao

Doctor Rektangle

Think outside the Box
lobo, zatanna, rain, weren't really top at launch and scorpion ended up being a shitter by the end of Igau. There are obviously exceptions but for the most part it's fair to expect the dlc to be broke.
Normally it's only 2 or 3 that stay like that toward's the end. MK9 had Kenshi/Krueger arguably Skarlet. INJ had MMH & 50/50 cent-girl. I know MKX will have some broken DLC character but that's usually because day 1 characters get hit with EVERY patch. The later DLC characters get hit with a patch or two.

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
My early and probably very wrong Triborg tier list

1. CSZ - I know he's being upplayed, but his mixups and setups are undeniably good. Actually has standing armor that does some damage, cool utility in drones, footsies are decent but I think his unique strings aren't quite as good as the other 3. f2 is beastly tho

2. Cyrax - 50/50s into EX low bomb which is +8 but can be armored through. High damage meterless combos that eat up the round timer and build a ton of meter. Setups into hard-to-blockables. Has no standing armor but has an ok wakeup. 212 isn't as good as people think. I can see him having a ton of untapped potential, he might be #1.

3. Sektor - The other cyborg with standing armor. f212bb seems like a good keep-away tool. Big damage, decent zoning, up-missiles are OD and can be hit-confirmed a century after they hit. I need to play this variation more to figure out if he's as good as I think he is.

4. Smoke - Pretty simple and mildly effective vortex (gets you about 23-25% per rep). Has no armor whatsoever and has to rely on EX smoke toward/away on knockdown, which has gotten me very little mileage so far. I love b21, extreme reach and safe with the correct spacing. Meterless launcher in f4d12. I don't see anything too special with this character...his offense is good but it's not enough to make up for his weak defensive options and low damage.

PaletteSwap

Misanthropiate
Haven't been active for a long time because I lost interest in MKX due to not clicking with any characters. My favorite character (Smoke) gets released (kinda) and I end up clicking with Cyber Sub-Zero.
:DOGE

Smoke just doesn't have the depth that CSZ has. I'm not ready to give up on Smoke but CSZ is just too powerful and fun to not play. Drone enhance is dope as fuck.

The reason why cyber sub is being looked at more is because he has more tools than cyrax, better anti zoning tools, MUCH more mobility, and cyber sub has full screen pseudo unblockables cuz of dive kick/bomb setubs while cyrax's setups are more dependant on situation. its much easier for cyber sub to catch yea both full screen and in the neutral with his pseudo unblockables just cuz of dive kick alone.

PaletteSwap

Misanthropiate
^ I kinda disagree.

It is too early to say for sure as far as the main 3 cyborgs are concerned (Sektor, Smoke and Cyrax), but it seems almost definite that Cyber Sub-Zero has a serious edge over them.

I'm still messing around with all variations but it just seems like CSZ gets damage in so easily without meter if he has drones out, which is easy enough to do with a frozen opponent. I'd really love to be wrong and to see another variation come out on top.

Smoke seems to be too straight forward for my liking and I'm not sure how I feel about smoke towards/away consuming stamina. His smoke bomb is god awful on it's own. He has some really nice and flashy looking normals but his neutral game appears to be weak and based around an average vortex. I'm not too into guessing games being a characters main suit.

Sektor feels really interesting and I think there's the possibility that he may be a sleeper. Maybe not as powerful as CSZ, but he can get big damage from full screen with relative ease. Love that 2, 1, 2, b, b string and the fact that you can combo off of it.

Cyrax definitely felt the least comfortable and most rigid to play. His big damage bomb combos seem to require a lot tighter execution than they did in MK9 (which is a good thing), but I feel that they are a lot more trouble/risk than they are worth.

But these are just the opinions of someone too obsessive to be a casual and with too short an attention span to be competitive. For all I know, Ethereal Mileena could end up being god tier tomorrow hah.

not to mention dive kick is pseudo safe depending on how high you hit them on their hit box while blocking. REO made a vid on this showing how safe divekick can be on block. Very similar properties of wonder womans full screen dash move in injustice where if you insta air it its safe.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Off a mixup into an ice ball into HKD... F131 ice bomb.
You can't actually do this, after any freeze you can't do any ice bombs in a combo. So you'd either have to combo of B3U4xxDK without any freeze or just end in 1112/F2.

4. Cyrax (the others have what he does not, he is my favorite for obvious reasons, but not having armor is kindof a huge factor) his Scatter Port sucks as a wakeup.. so many characters stuff that its obnoxious. but i love how he is hard to use, and how i have to think of ways to set them up in combos off the fly, his net is very punishable, so he has no practicle way to do meterless combos.. they must be setup, and for that to happen they must watch you continue after throwing an unsafe bomb. his metered combos are great.. and his Combos are super swaggy.. i love him.
his HTB setups outside of net are backdashable and can be jumped out of, and armored.
Cyrax is insane and you can't be serious with all the downplaying you've been doing. Him and CSZ are just as good as each other. CSZ just has the utility while Cyrax has the damage, mixups and a better midscreen game.

CSZ is insane in the corner, but cyrax does the exact same thing for less meter, off every conversion and anywhere on screen.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
my early tier list for Triborg

1. Cyber Sub Zero = HTB city, Godlike mobility, crazy setups/mixups, crazy good armor.

2. Smoke = Great pressure, Great Fade for wakeup, Great Frame traps, Great normals!

3. Sektor = Great Zoning, Great Sky rocket plus 40 on hit pressure, Great air mobility, Great back 2!

4. Cyrax (the others have what he does not, he is my favorite for obvious reasons, but not having armor is kindof a huge factor) his Scatter Port sucks as a wakeup.. so many characters stuff that its obnoxious. but i love how he is hard to use, and how i have to think of ways to set them up in combos off the fly, his net is very punishable, so he has no practicle way to do meterless combos.. they must be setup, and for that to happen they must watch you continue after throwing an unsafe bomb. his metered combos are great.. and his Combos are super swaggy.. i love him.
his HTB setups outside of net are backdashable and can be jumped out of, and armored.
I read frame traps. One of my favorite mechanics. Please explain his frame traps more please.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
still a frame trap, and it says 10, i havent tested it, just going by the game data.

cyrax's plus 8 ex bombs don't seem 8 either
I just don't want you spreading misinformation, that's all.

It has been +8 since before Triborgs official release. You must have it confused with another characters move or something.