What's new

Tech - Tremor Tremors EX Punch Cancels

SonicFox5000

The Best.
OK so during my test with Tremor I found some BUUUUULLLSHIIIIIT!
So!
Tremors Ex Punch RUn cancel can make mad strings on block super +.
F121 Ex punch cancel is at LEAST +8 making a true block string loop you can do. I am still seeing which other ones are more plus but this one is really good. But not only that.....
IF HE RUN CANCELS THESE STRINGS, HE GETS ARMOR ON HIS NEXT ATTACK.
Yep you heard it here! ITs like Rain doing his EX roundhouse cancels again. He can do any string into ex punch cancel into any string and have armor on the start up of the next string! Its not the whole duration, but you can summon a free rock to start pressuring your opponent! I bet you guys could discover some nasty stuff with aftershock. (I main Metallic lol)

Have at it~!

E

Eldriken

Keep using him, but use Aftershock and/or Crystalline instead. =P

E

Eldriken

im well aware what each variation does. I prefer Metallic the most due to the lava skin
Oh, I wasn't trying to say otherwise. I'm just suggesting you use them to find dumb shit for them for the rest of us. :DOGE I know what you posted is universal, however. Wasn't trying to say anything negative. >_>

navaroNe

Nobody's afraid of Bruce Wayne
yeah id like to see video of it too, just tried it a few times but can't get the timing right or something

infamy23

FireBeard
I'm not seeing what you mean by this...

I did f121 db2 run cancel f121 and I can still just d1 through the second string with SZ.

Can you give an example?

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
OK so during my test with Tremor I found some BUUUUULLLSHIIIIIT!
So!
Tremors Ex Punch RUn cancel can make mad strings on block super +.
F121 Ex punch cancel is at LEAST +8 making a true block string loop you can do. I am still seeing which other ones are more plus but this one is really good. But not only that.....
IF HE RUN CANCELS THESE STRINGS, HE GETS ARMOR ON HIS NEXT ATTACK.
Yep you heard it here! ITs like Rain doing his EX roundhouse cancels again. He can do any string into ex punch cancel into any string and have armor on the start up of the next string! Its not the whole duration, but you can summon a free rock to start pressuring your opponent! I bet you guys could discover some nasty stuff with aftershock. (I main Metallic lol)

Have at it~!
omg im so mad i can't test this, waiting on XB1 to arrive in the mail. fing bs, nice Tech Sonic!

SonicFox5000

The Best.
The tech I use is D1 or D3 on block as a counterpoke then EX cancel because if they counterpoke they get will get armored through. I like using d1 ex punch cancel 21

infamy23

FireBeard
It doesn't seem like the armor "carries over" to the next attack.

From what I'm seeing, EXdb2 has 30 frames of armor, and you get to keep those 30 frames even if you cancel the move.

So if you do f121 EXdb2 run cancel against Sub-Zero and he does reversal ice burst, you will not have armor because ice burst won't make contact until 41 frames after the special cancel.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I don't have Tremor so I'm just curious, is it not possible to do this with the cancel when you use the punch by itself? And does anybody know roughly the earliest in the startup you can cancel?

infamy23

FireBeard
I don't have Tremor so I'm just curious, is it not possible to do this with the cancel when you use the punch by itself? And does anybody know roughly the earliest in the startup you can cancel?
Yes you can just do raw EXdb2 run cancel into whatever and as long as your opponent hits you within 30 frames you will absorb it.

You can cancel db2 on the 12th frame of start-up.