What's new

Tremor

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
Needs low hat.
Considering you can turn all of his moves into ambushes, I think he does have low hat already. We'll see how things turn out, but having 6+ ambush moves sounds a little broken to me.

It looks like it takes a full kameo bar to turn his moves into an ambush after a variation swap, so I wonder how long the cooldown will actually be and if that'll be enough for balance. Wouldn't surprise me if people just leaned heavy into crystal armor anyway, especially if it's as filthy as it looks.
The fact that it costs full kameo bar to turn a move in to a ambush attack kinda put me off termor.Just feels too restrictive and kinda finicky as you have to be out of the variation which move you would want to turn in to a ambush.But yeah the length of the cooldown will be the deciding factor.If its too long people will just sit in crystalline spaming the armor for half a bar.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Very cool, I'm glad this turned out to be like his metallic stance where he has to actually do something to change forms during match. I was worried that he might end up a little too straightforward which while doing F121 wasn't exactly rocket science, Tremor had all these complex tools and I'm glad to see his kameo has depth like that.

Shujinko having an ambush that essentially does nothing is actually really fun in practice to use during different situations and I'm glad to see them explore that space.

Get ready for some hard to blockables son, even without uprock

The Ultimate

aka CommandThrower
I haven’t watched the Kast yet, but Tremor can turn all of his assists into ambush assists?

This must be NRS testing the water for making more assists into ambush assists.

The fact that it costs full kameo bar to turn a move in to a ambush attack kinda put me off termor.Just feels too restrictive and kinda finicky as you have to be out of the variation which move you would want to turn in to a ambush.But yeah the length of the cooldown will be the deciding factor.If its too long people will just sit in crystalline spaming the armor for half a bar.
Ok picture this:
Crystalline Armor on Kenshi, it stays for 4+ seconds and soaks all physical hits, probably not projectiles.
You can get Kenshi out for free, no worry of setups or recovery and after the 15 seconds of Sento you use Crystalline Armor and get him out free again.
I think it costing full Kameo bar doesn't matter with certain characters. They could also just use Crystalline Armor as summon then pressure with Kenshi.
I don't even want to no what Omni-Man can do with that armor since he has that projectile immune stance that goes into a command grab. Think it will protect him from strings and projectiles?

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Ok picture this:
Crystalline Armor on Kenshi, it stays for 4+ seconds and soaks all physical hits, probably not projectiles.
You can get Kenshi out for free, no worry of setups or recovery and after the 15 seconds of Sento you use Crystalline Armor and get him out free again.
I think it costing full Kameo bar doesn't matter with certain characters. They could also just use Crystalline Armor as summon then pressure with Kenshi.
I don't even want to no what Omni-Man can do with that armor since he has that projectile immune stance that goes into a command grab. Think it will protect him from strings and projectiles?
I'm also wondering how this will go with close-range brawlers like Reiko, and..... Johnny Cage

Ok I've rewatching the KK and it seems you have to summon Tremor then cycle twice before getting Crystalline if I heard that right. They did show a sort of shortcut but I'm unsure.
It seems tremor is out while cycling similar to Shajinko so he is vulnerable to hits and could be knocked out for a period of time.
Hmmm

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Seems like an interesting Kameo. Being able to make all the Summons into Ambushes is a cool idea. Only issues I see is it costing full Kameo meter for the ambushes, and if you want to use the ambush of the current variation you’re on, you’re gonna have to cycle back and forth. It could be fine and it’s quick enough, but guess we’ll have to wait and see.

That said, I didn’t see anything that was too crazy with him. Yeah he has a lot of options, but none of them seemed too crazy. Even the armor didn’t seem to last very long. But, it’s very hard to judge a Kameo via just a move demonstration. Plus based on what they showed, we won’t know how good any of it is until the 20th.

Also, off-topic, but I thought if you got the premium edition you got early access to DLC characters and Kameos? I’m almost certain I remember reading that prerelease.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Seems like an interesting Kameo. Being able to make all the Summons into Ambushes is a cool idea. Only issues I see is it costing full Kameo meter for the ambushes, and if you want to use the ambush of the current variation you’re on, you’re gonna have to cycle back and forth. It could be fine and it’s quick enough, but guess we’ll have to wait and see.

That said, I didn’t see anything that was too crazy with him. Yeah he has a lot of options, but none of them seemed too crazy. Even the armor didn’t seem to last very long. But, it’s very hard to judge a Kameo via just a move demonstration. Plus based on what they showed, we won’t know how good any of it is until the 20th.

Also, off-topic, but I thought if you got the premium edition you got early access to DLC characters and Kameos? I’m almost certain I remember reading that prerelease.
His 3 hit ground pound as a ambush is going to cause some insane setplay.

Ok picture this:
yeah for sure the crystl armor already seems very strong and the applications clear,the kameo might end up being super strong simply because of that move.I was more reffering to the rest of his kit,specifically the fact tbat he has no ambush attack unless you cycle then spend full kameo bar to do it.On paper it seems very good,like when you hear it ohh i can use any move as ambush yeah so strong.But when you think about it a bit and look at those attacks,specifically the 6 attacks that actaully hit the opponent and factor in that it costs full bar,it kinda falls apart.You take any scenario thats present in the game as to how to use an ambush kameo:saftey,pressure,combo extension,mix up and you take a look at his 6 attacks,do they look like they are worht full kameo bar?

So many ambush moves in the game covering those situations costing half a bar,but not only that,because spending full bar at once just limits you so much in a match,got to have it saved up,cant use moves as freely as you would,once you do spend you have to wait for recharge so you again cant use moves.Look at what happened with cyrax,as atrong as the ground chopper move still is,the fact that it costs full bar really crippled its usage and made that kameo a rather unviable choice for alot of the characters,i dont think any of termors 6 moves are even close to being as good as the ground chooper move and if it is not being used cause full kameon then things arent looking good for tremor in that department.

Now ofc he is not out yet and time will tell,people will find set ups,there could be decent mix up utility with the ambus low ground pound or that overhead/low metallic ball attack but first impression in terms of using him outside of armor spam is not looking good,having to constantly sit on meter and and waiting for a long cooldown is boring unless you get a really exciting and big reward,like darrius reiko with combo after cd and termor doeant seem to have that in any of its 6 attacks atleast on first impression

Had the ability to play him in practice mode,he feels a bit clumsy to use with all the switching and its not that fast,also transforming moves into ambush also isnt quite as fast as i tought.

The recharge time is kinda hefty on full spend for an abush transformation,you also cant transform moves into an ambush if you are not at full stock.

i tried him with shao kahn as that who i originally wanted to play him with.The launching upperct is nice and leads to 43% for 1 bar and 1 kameo(half the bar).The interesting thing is that the low ground pound punches kameo move has OTG properties,so using it as an ambush after a meterless up knee allows for combo continuation.
This also works of off his hit grabs from b3,1+3 and f2,1+3.If close to corner(doesnt work if the opponent if fully in the corner) b3,1+3 into otg low groundpound as an ambush leads to 47% for 1 bar
and if you are in the corner f2,1+3 into otg low ground pound leads to 45%.Midscreen b3(with ax into summon uppercut makes it a full launcher for 40%+.Ambush upperct allows a launch after f2.

Crystallin armor has a rather lengthy start up when done as a summon.

Defiently a kameo thats gonna take some time to figure out on a charcter by charavter basis,the most interesting thing so far apart from the crystl armor is the OTG properties of afterschok low ground pound.I was not impressed by metallic,slow moves,i guess they should aid zoning with the balls,but they are rather slow and they cost half a bar and as he is already crippled by high costs,you cant really be chuking these at will,and recharge time is not super quick.

He is thechnically not out yet so things could change,for better or worse,all in all the original concerns of high costs and clumsy usage of changing variations were correct but it does feel better then anticipated.

G82Boost

I Play Raiden
Simple badass, with lots of options, just a benchmark how all the other kameos could be in this game ;)
He has a up launcher, a 50/50 ball projectile and that sexy cristaline armor, what do you need more ? :laughing:
giving a little too much credit.....hes a step in the right direction sure but he can only access ambush (the real assist) through cycling and even when he does do that that one ambush takes your whole assist

His 3 hit ground pound as a ambush is going to cause some insane setplay.
experimetning with it yesterday,im not sure about that in its current state,there are alot of safeguards implemented.

for example,if you call it no matter as ambush or summon, and it whiffs only the first hit will come out and the move stops,if the opponet blocks the first hit, the other 2 also dont come out,if the first hit connects with an opponent that has armor again only the first hit comes out.

EDIT:But what he does have in terms of setplay will be his low metallic ball,it will essentially emulate lao low hat,to creat hard to blockables or be used to generate very high plus frames and then going for strike/throw or a 50/50 depanding on which character you are using.

For example with Shao kahn as you are doing your ender you ambush call the metallic low ball and you can either enforce a hard to blockable that launches,or let them block the ball and go for a 50/50 where both options launch(if in axless form).It does cost full kameo bar and cant be held like lao low hat so it maybe not good for the whole cast universally also to call it as an ambush with proper timing mid doing the string and ender special cancle is pretty execution heavy.

Last edited:
Ok I do have some issues with Crystalline Armor. It feels like it has to many safeguards that don't apply to other Kameos with more powerful Utility.
  1. You have 30sec of cooldown using Ambush for Crystalline Armor.
  2. The Armor isn't Armor in my opinion. Definitely not MKX Crystalline Armor which was only 1 hit. This "Armor" prevents combo, still take the damage and extra hitstun and have a long time before you can respond effectively resetting Neutral.
  3. Having to cycle between the variations and always having one of them not being immediately available to pull up. I take this one back because you can switch variations mid combo early on in combo any time. I can cycle through 2 variations in my BnB starter before ending combo to do Armor setup.
The metallic Tremor ball is a slower version of Laos
Lao gives you that free, comes right back for next combo and is + on block and acts like an OS.
Seams overly complicated just to do stuff that already exists aside from Crystalline Armor.
The Armor feels cost heavy or overly complicated just to reset neutral and not get OKI pressure. Maybe I'm missing something

Anyone find any new Tremor tech other than Straight Fire being a mid and +4 on block?

Last edited:
Again it seems Nrs has dropped the ball when it comes to creating a game that opens up fun/creative strategies by putting too many safeguards.

Tremor could have been a cool kameo but is shackled down by expensive ambush attacks and slow startup on many of the kameo specials.

Besides extremely niche uses (maaaybe reiko) players will opt for the existing top tier kameos once the initial “new factor” goes away.

You can quote me on this

Again it seems Nrs has dropped the ball when it comes to creating a game that opens up fun/creative strategies by putting too many safeguards.

Tremor could have been a cool kameo but is shackled down by expensive ambush attacks and slow startup on many of the kameo specials.

Besides extremely niche uses (maaaybe reiko) players will opt for the existing top tier kameos once the initial “new factor” goes away.

You can quote me on this
I felt the same way, I was screaming when I seen all the unnecessary restrictions and applications of Armor but there is some crazy dirt with the variations I suspected the least. As long as it's not nerfed it kind of good. Resets for Sub Zero and Scorpion and go into HTB, turning unsafe moves into Mid safe launchers for characters that really needed it (Sub/Scorp) more explanations below

Ok I've talked with some peeps under Azeez Xeet and he is punishing some strings on last hit with Crystalline Armor, but it only works with certain characters.
For example K&M did a video showing:

Sub Zero Tech:

@Amplified$hotz
Sub Has different frame data using Up Punch (Aftershock) Tremor and it's -7 on block launcher instead of -16
So Sub Zero has safe launching overhead and safe launching low that's acts like OS
Sub and Scorpion the only ones I've herd has safe launchers with Tremor Aftershock.
Sub also has a reset but more about it below with K&M video!

Reiko+ Tremor is better than Darius:
Then Tremor makes Reiko's CMD grab do over 42% with Tremor Aftershock variation quack low move, it juggles after CMD grab allowing combo, you spend full Kameo meter but it comes back way faster than Darius so it's the far better version of Darius.

Apparently some characters get a reset with triple low in Aftershock if you combo into a grounded move into triple low which resets on first hit then continues the two other lows allowing you to do a stronger HTB into full combo. Normally the triple low only does one low on block but if done in combo on ground it resets and still does 3 hits because it technically hit.
Sub Zero has this and I've heard Sindel but think Sindel can only do it in corner and involves flight cancels into JIP. Sub can do it midscreen I think?

I think Sub Zero might be going up in tiers because he has safe launching mix with HTB resets, how about that, a Sub Zero buff by accident, I think Sub mains will take it right

Scorpion+ Tremor Tech:
Scorpion I here has a safe launching Mid after his F3 instead of using the high and it doesn't cost Ambush because it's such a long launcher (Up Punch, which for whatever reason is -7 on Scorpion and Sub Zero) but -16 on most other characters.
@Juggs maybe you can confirm this, he might have a reset with triple low in Aftershock if you can combo into a grounded move like spear as long as lowcan hit them it should reset on first low hit and you could do an overhead for other two delayed lows for HTB into however much damage, probably in corner. But you know Scorpion far more than me?

Crystalline Tremor Tech:
Now the Crystalline does punish some moves but after understanding only Sub and Scorpion get safe launcher with Aftershock variation I think only some characters get +15 after Crystalline Armor on last hit of some characters strings after blocking first two.

I think there is something there just situational with Crystalline Armor but the other variations seem to have some dirt for certain chars.

Here's K&M explaining it better:

Last edited: