What's new

General/Other - Tremor Tremor General Discussion Thread

LMAO I meant how does he do against zoning my bad
Aftershock's both really good at zoning AND anti-zoning because of air quake. Crystalline can deal with it OK because of crystallization, but Metallic has some issues I would say (Although you can trade a rolling magma and run in before they get up).

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
Since the last patch, what is Tremor's armor specials?
Specials with 1 hit of armor:
Universal DB2: the armor goes away if you input up or down after DB2.

DB1 in aftershock

Specials with 2 hits of armor:

DB1 in metallic (lava stance)

That's it.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
Specials with 1 hit of armor:
Universal DB2: the armor goes away if you input up or down after DB2.

DB1 in aftershock

Specials with 2 hits of armor:

DB1 in metallic (lava stance)

That's it.
Oh! Gotcha. Just so you know, DB1 is a little bit off . . .or I'm crazy.

Last edited:
How do you guys deal with getting low profiled? I was fighting a Cassie online and not doing bad and she started low profiling me with down 4, I tried to counter poke but I couldn't. Would a down 4 from tremor be the best option?

Geoduck

Halfasser
Hey guys, Geoduck here. Just coming in to see,what do you guys think of Tremor in the current meta of the game, and I have some other questions along hand.
1. What's his best varations and why?
2. Where do his other varations fall in?
3. Does he have bad mus?
4. What are his good mus?
It anyone could sum that up, it would be great.

BxKeyz

Noob
Hey guys, Geoduck here. Just coming in to see,what do you guys think of Tremor in the current meta of the game, and I have some other questions along hand.
3. Does he have bad mus?
His best variation is all of them because they all come into play against certain match ups..His bad mus are characters that can zone(kitana) and characters with really strong footsies(lui kang) because its really hard for tremor to get a turn in against them...Tremor's metallic atm is not as strong because of that bug he has when switching stance(gold/lava), losing your armor on magma blast because it went over to gold can really cost you gms when trying to wake up with but it instead you get blown up..As for aftershock, use this variation when playing against really strong grounded characters(goro) because ia quakes can really limit there movement and besides you dont want to use aftershock against somebody that has great air mobility(tanya) because they take away your air quake and i really feel that its one of his best moves..crystaline shuts down single armored move wake ups like sub zero, ermac and many others so i would use that variation against them..

M2Dave

Zoning Master
3. Does he have bad mus?
I think Tremor is high mid tier at worst and top 10 at best. Despite all the negative changes to armor moves, up rock, and the EX ground pulse OTG, he has somehow managed to remain a viable and strong character.

1. Crystalline is the best variation because of its offensive options.
2. Aftershock is the close second best while Metallic is the distant third best variation.
3. I think any character who zones and controls the air efficiently will give Tremor a difficult time.
4. Tremor will do well against any character who does not fit the description above.

Ozzy_K

Death waits for a slightest lapse in concentration
I think Tremor is high mid tier at worst and top 10 at best. Despite all the negative changes to armor moves, up rock, and the EX ground pulse OTG, he has somehow managed to remain a viable and strong character.

2. Aftershock is the close second best while Metallic is the distant third best variation.
3. I think any character who zones and controls the air efficiently will give Tremor a difficult time.
4. Tremor will do well against any character who does not fit the description above.
What makes Metallic worst by large margin, can you elaborate?
I am no Tremor expert, just learning.
Some good tools, like restands, little bit of extra damage in lava skin, magma ball launchers, unbreakable damage, gold skin zoning, are they not useful?
One Tremor player told me, that if lava skin would have been the default skin at the start of the match, he would have mained Metallic. Just sharing an opinion.

Last edited:

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!

Flash parry is one of the best counter zoning tools in the game, it allows him a free way in from just past midscreen or closer and you can do it on reaction to a lot of the projectiles and full combo punish. I disagree heavily with the narrative that Tremor gets out zoned, on top of Flash parry he has the ground pounds in AS which are also effective at counterzoning as they allow him to steal his turn back and cover distance, or throw a couple of projectiles of his own if he wants to. And if any character controls the air effectively you switch to Crystalline as he has an incredibly strong ground game.

He has some of the best footsies in the game too with F121, that's one of the only one-button/string-fits-all moves left in the game. It does everything for Tremor, especially at footsie range. Crystalline also has the shatters with very good frames and good range to assist with his footsies if needs be.

On top of this he has good setplay and offense too. Plenty of staggers, cancels, mixups which are reachable on paper but he has so many options that if you use them all it seriously messes with your reaction times cause there's so much to think about. In AS he has the ground pulse which actually makes for some interesting setups and in Crystalline he has the straight forward armor to boost his offense. AND on top of all this crap I remember reading he still has OH/Low and Low/OH HTBS in the corner with ExUpRock but I don't play him myself so I haven't tested it so I'm willing to admit I maybe wrong on that one, don't write it off though. Seriously test it for yourself, if you wish, and let me know your findings.

Last edited:

M2Dave

Zoning Master
What makes Metallic worst by large margin, can you elaborate?
I am no Tremor expert, just learning.
Some good tools, like restands, little bit of extra damage in lava skin, magma ball launchers, unbreakable damage, gold skin zoning, are they not useful?
One Tremor player told me, that if lava skin would have been the default skin at the start of the match, he would have mained Metallic. Just sharing an opinion.
Metallic has the worst neutral game and the least options to stop low pokes. While lava stance has the most damaging combos, the rolling stone has a slower startup, which makes EX rolling stone more difficult to use in pressure. The rolling stone in gold stance travels faster than in any other variation, but the gold punches have mediocre recoveries and limited utility in pressure. Aside from the damage and the two hits of armor of EX shatter, I cannot see what Metallic does that the other two variations do not. If you activate flex, Crystalline has a re-stand in the corner against most characters.

Flash parry is one of the best counter zoning tools in the game, it allows him a free way in from just past midscreen or closer and you can do it on reaction to a lot of the projectiles and full combo punish. I disagree heavily with the narrative that Tremor gets out zoned, on top of Flash parry he has the ground pounds in AS which are also effective at counterzoning as they allow him to steal his turn back and cover distance, or throw a couple of projectiles of his own if he wants to. And if any character controls the air effectively you switch to Crystalline as he has an incredibly strong ground game.

He has some of the best footsies in the game too with F121, that's one of the only one-button/string-fits-all moves left in the game. It does everything for Tremor, especially at footsie range. Crystalline also has the shatters with very good frames and good range to assist with his footsies if needs be.

On top of this he has good setplay and offense too. Plenty of staggers, cancels, mixups which are reachable on paper but he has so many options that if you use them all it seriously messes with your reaction times cause there's so much to think about. In AS he has the ground pulse which actually makes for some interesting setups and in Crystalline he has the straight forward armor to boost his offense. AND on top of all this crap I remember reading he still has OH/Low and Low/OH HTBS in the corner with ExUpRock but I don't play him myself so I haven't tested it so I'm willing to admit I maybe wrong on that one, don't write it off though. Seriously test it for yourself, if you wish, and let me know your findings.
Flash parry cannot be used to punish projectiles with quick recoveries such Kitana's instant aerial fans and HQT Predator's plasma.

As far as the unblockable set up in the corner is concerned, I am very familiar with the tech. In fact, I discovered it.

Hi guys, I have picked up Tremor (crystalline) recently and already read a lot of post and watched lot of videos thanks to the community.

One thing I did not find yet and I ask it: what is the ideal frame data after F121xxDB1, DD (crystal shatter cancel)?
I saw that this move was used quite often to mess up the opponent and do more pressure instead of giving up your turn with a simple ender/mixup.

I went to the lab and found that it was at least +1-2 but that might be just due to my poor execution and observation (tried to watch the jumping opponent with me :) ).
(frame data calculation according to the chart does not make sense in that case)

Watching match footage I just see that everybody rather block after the cancel and Tremor can throw or start another pressure. And can punish any button with F1 (probably not the low profile but I did not see any attempt for a counter D1 so far).

In the lab I found that crystal shatter cancel after any other string is quite minus (3-5) so probably that's why I saw only after F121 in real matches).

Thank you in advance!

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
Hi guys, I have picked up Tremor (crystalline) recently and already read a lot of post and watched lot of videos thanks to the community.

One thing I did not find yet and I ask it: what is the ideal frame data after F121xxDB1, DD (crystal shatter cancel)?
I saw that this move was used quite often to mess up the opponent and do more pressure instead of giving up your turn with a simple ender/mixup.

I went to the lab and found that it was at least +1-2 but that might be just due to my poor execution and observation (tried to watch the jumping opponent with me :) ).

Watching match footage I just see that everybody rather block after the cancel and Tremor can throw or start another pressure. And can punish any button with F1 (probably not the low profile but I did not see any attempt for a counter D1 so far).

In the lab I found that crystal shatter cancel after any other string is quite minus (3-5) so probably that's why I saw only after F121 in real matches).

Thank you in advance!
@InFlames

InFlames

dead

(frame data calculation according to the chart does not make sense in that case)

Thank you in advance!
+2, and shatter cancel is also useful after 21d4u4 and b1d4u4.

+2, and shatter cancel is also useful after 21d4u4 and b1d4u4.
Thank you for your advice.
I guess the key is the proper and creative enough mixup among cancel (and follow up attack/throw/block) and LOW/OH enders to mess up the opponent enough to eat other mixups as well.
That will take a long time to master it but seems interesting I will give it a try for sure. :)

EDIT: in the lab B1D4U4xxSC and 21D4U4xxSC seem at least neutral too (I would not bet it according to the frame data chart). Wow that's incredible. :) Now that makes sense.

EDIT2: I just found in the lab that the frame data for Krystal shatter is very wrong as all the shatter are 0 on block and all the MB shatter are -5 on block. I did not understand why you guys were using low shatter with -15 on block lol. The starting frames are wrong, too. Now everything makes sense (and it is more clear why that cancel is strong). Probably very old frame data chart. :)

Last edited:

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Crossplay Username: PlayingNeutral
I'm posting as other on this tremor form. I'm a Shinnok main and I love beating up on all you guys with Imposter free 50/50s so delish. He steals the rock punch special move and can make it an over head or upercut. I always reck tremors all of them. All the time . #MNGA