What's new

General/Other - Tremor Tremor General Discussion Thread

InFlames

dead
I'm so confused by the punch frame data. This is Crystalline that i'm looking at if that matters.

Regular krystal punch is 13 frames. It's not 13 frames because it doesn't punish Shinnok's shoulder, which is -15. When I go down to strike(db2u) and smash(db2d), they read as 8 frame and 17 frames. Is krystal strike really 8 frames, or is it 8 frames, added on to the regular punch. That would make sense since smash is clearly more than 17 frames.

However, that would mean that krystal strike is slower than krystal punch. That's definitely not the case.

I'm sure you guys have figured this out. I looked around a little bit and couldn't find anything. If there is easy to find information on this, sorry for being lazy.
I tested these a long time ago but I can't remember the exact frames, all I know is that

Up punch is around 17

Straight punch is around 22

Overhead is around 28

Tweedy

Noob
I tested these a long time ago but I can't remember the exact frames, all I know is that

Up punch is around 17

Straight punch is around 22

Overhead is around 28
I remember hearing somebody say that up punch is 11 frames around the time that he released. To me it seems like 13-15 frames. 17 frames makes sense.

Noob
Guys I think I found a crazy mind game setup with the original OTG for mid screen.

So far characters that I tested that can punish this on wake up roll are: Jax (ex fist) and Sub Zero(ex slide).

The idea is to end your mid screen combo with F4 so DB2D ~ DB2U Jump in 2 ~ F4.

Reason this works is because F4 send your opponent pretty far away.

If your opponent delay wakes up you get 5% guaranteed
If your opponent wakes up with armour/no armour they eat 13%
if your opponent just wakes up roll they eat 13%

I think you can do a lot of mind games with this. What do you guys think?

@InFlames
@General M2Dave
@Anyone else who plays Tremor

MasterBelmont

Aspiring competitive MKXL/MVCI player from Oregon
Guys I think I found a crazy mind game setup with the original OTG for mid screen.

So far characters that I tested that can punish this on wake up roll are: Jax (ex fist) and Sub Zero(ex slide).

The idea is to end your mid screen combo with F4 so DB2D ~ DB2U Jump in 2 ~ F4.

Reason this works is because F4 send your opponent pretty far away.

If your opponent delay wakes up you get 5% guaranteed
If your opponent wakes up with armour/no armour they eat 13%
if your opponent just wakes up roll they eat 13%

I think you can do a lot of mind games with this. What do you guys think?

@InFlames
@General M2Dave
@Anyone else who plays Tremor
Sweet! I'll have to test this out. If this works, mind if I add it to my Aftershock guide and credit you for it (it's okay to say no)?

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
Are Tremor players under the impression the HTB using uprock is gone?

That's what it seems like based on the past couple pages, but he can actually still do it. In the corner, ending a combo with f12 canceled into uprock and then going for a b3 sets up a hard to blockable situation that leads to a full hit confirmable combo, breaks armor ~15 frames or slower (including mileena's ex roll), and is still safe in many situations even if they don't wake up (e.g., if Mileena's tech rolls and then wake up, you will trade, so they lose a meter and you are fine).

The Highlander

There can be only one
Are Tremor players under the impression the HTB using uprock is gone?

That's what it seems like based on the past couple pages, but he can actually still do it. In the corner, ending a combo with f12 canceled into uprock and then going for a b3 sets up a hard to blockable situation that leads to a full hit confirmable combo, breaks armor ~15 frames or slower (including mileena's ex roll), and is still safe in many situations even if they don't wake up (e.g., if Mileena's tech rolls and then wake up, you will trade, so they lose a meter and you are fine).
She can tech roll and wake-up with non ex roll to completely stuff that, and can even wake-up without rolling and still win the trade.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
HTB set up still exists with EX rock drop and b+3.

It is possible to hit b+3 before EX rock drop, but the timing is very, very tight.

Fast armor and wake up throw nullify the HTB set up in almost all situations.

It may be possible to fake EX rock drop with EX boulder summon and trick the opponent into doing a wake up attack, blocking, and punishing or doing a meaty b+3, beating the wake up throw, and hit-confirming into a combo.

Osagri

Fear the blade of Osh-Tekk
Question about crystallines crystal armor. Does it work like kotals parry? And by that I mean example if kano does B121 and I let go of block that the third hit hits and breaks the armor,can they special cancel after?

freerf245

11 11 11 11
Question about crystallines crystal armor. Does it work like kotals parry? And by that I mean example if kano does B121 and I let go of block that the third hit hits and breaks the armor,can they special cancel after?
They can still special cancel on contact with the armor.

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
So balance Patch is probably coming on October 4th with the release of PC MKXL version.

Wonder what's coming for Tremor. Imagine a his d1 getting a 6-7f poke instead of fking 9f lol. Or his standing 2 being a mid... Oh boy. Please Paulo.

Noob
Reduce scaling on DD4 as well.

I watched M2Dave do 2% damage on DD4 in a combo that wasnt even close to 40% LOL.

Its fkn ridiculous, the scaling is sooo bad on it.

Gengar

Hypnosis > Dreameater (its a reset)
I know that they plan to buff him, at least according to the poll, but I hope that they dont nerf Lava boulder combos.

f12~bf4 bf4 bf4 bf4 123~shatter restand is 36% meterless midscreen off a 6f normal, so great for punishing and its all unbreakable unless you break the 2nd punch, which means you have to have breaker when the combo starts, or opt to break the 123 after youve taken most of the damage.

b32 is range dependent but you can get 39% meterless with that.

Into xray for all unbreakable its like 43%, but you have to do 3 boulders instead of 4

I think that these combos are quite strong, and are also really silly looking and fun to pull off. But a simple nerf to the launch on the boulders would kill it, so i hope it sticks around.

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
Reduce scaling on DD4 as well.
Tbh I can live with OTG scaling, but Im seriously pissed that pretty much every character can low poke me 24/7 no matter what I do in most situations. He has no real advancing mids at all. He has slowest poke in the game (9f) while others "heavy" characters have way faster d1. Also giving him standing 2 as a mid would be something he really deserves.

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
I know that they plan to buff him, at least according to the pool
We all expect him to get buffed as he clearly deserves some enchantments/buffs. But what "pool" are you talking about? There was some kind of voting?

Noob
We all expect him to get buffed as he clearly deserves some enchantments/buffs. But what "pool" are you talking about? There was some kind of voting?
Ed boon posted a poll asking who deserves a buff with Tremor as a candidate on Twitter. Tremor won the vote.