What's new

Trait Tier Discussion

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Brainiac has an awesome trait, yea it goes away on block but that doesn't mean it isn't incredibly important to his gameplan

Any real merit the character has comes from his trait

Like I can't believe people are comparing that to Wonder Woman's trait

Skedar70

Noob
The best: Batman, Atrocitus

Very good: Black Adam, Black Canary, Bane, Aquaman, Poison Ivy, Darkseid , Red Hood(?)

Good: Doctor Fate, Deadshot, Robin, Green Lantern, Green Arrow, Superman, Supergirl, Cyborg, Flash, Blue Beetle, Cheetah, Harley

Decent: Gorilla Grodd, Captain Cold, Scarecrow(?), Catwoman, Firestorm, Brainiac

Ass: Wonder Woman, Joker, Swamp Thing
WW trait is also decent when you get the good buffs. I wouldn't consider it ass.

kcd117

Noob
I wish scarecrow kept the dot when traumatize is active. I died so many times trying to troll finish the likes of black adam, superman and aqua with the dot, but instead built traumatize when they were about to die and got full combo punished for half of my health bar. Can't say I didn't deserve it but feels bad anyway.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free

Very good: Black Adam, Black Canary, Bane, Aquaman, Poison Ivy, Darkseid , Red Hood(?)

Good: Doctor Fate, Deadshot, Robin, Green Lantern, Green Arrow, Superman, Supergirl, Cyborg, Flash, Blue Beetle, Cheetah, Harley

Decent: Gorilla Grodd, Captain Cold, Scarecrow(?), Catwoman, Firestorm, Brainiac

I like this one a lot.

I would actually put Adam's in S tier because it has multiple uses and all of them are super legit. If we were doing traits based on levels, I'd put Canary's level 3 in S tier also.

I'm also very surprised at people considering Ivy's trait to be really good. I was so ready to argue with the downplayers lol

tafka Djinn

One for three off the roof

Man, you are pretty dang on point with this. Only thing I feel differently on is Bane's trait due to debuff, but I would only shift it down to good from very good.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
At the risk of downplaying, I'm going to go ahead and put Cheetah's trait in bottom 5. Here's why:
  1. It's just Superman's trait, only it doesn't break armor and it can't be used for frame traps. It also only affects her "claw" normals and special, so she doesn't benefit from full-screen chip or nukes.
  2. It lasts maybe long enough for 1 combo. However, once active, her opponent can turtle. Since it only applies to her claw moves, her tic throws and mixups are totally unaffected. By the time you can tic throw and meter-burn it (which you have to do, otherwise it won't benefit from trait), the timer has most likely run down.
  3. It boosts her mb.Blood Lunge damage substantially, but what other character has to spend a bar of meter to get any utility out of their trait?
So overall, it just allows her to hit Superman/Adam/Batman damage for maybe a single combo, without adding any other utility or affecting her gameplay. And regardless of any damage benefits, it's just a stupid, lazy design. At least let it be used for Superman/Adam frame traps or give her Atro damage-over-time, or something to make it an interesting addition to the character rather than some afterthought. I really do feel like whoever designed her forgot characters have traits and at the last minute was like "fuuuck...um....DAMAGE BOOST!".

(My other bottom tier traits would be Swamp Thing, WoWo, and Joker.)

Last edited:

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist

Completely agree, however Supergirl should be 1 tier higher. It's a very good projectile that fits her kit quite well. Same with Superman as he can use it to stagger strings besides getting good damage and break armor.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Completely agree, however Supergirl should be 1 tier higher. It's a very good projectile that fits her kit quite well. Same with Superman as he can use it to stagger strings besides getting good damage and break armor.
I was considering having Supergirl's one tier higher because of how good it is for counter zoning, I can see it going up. Superman's I feel is good where it's at. I was also thinking about moving Fate's up because of how fast it can turn the tide.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Scarecrow's trait is amazing imo. Damage your opponent on block, hit, or while they're hitting you. Then, you gain access to a move that gives you big meterless damage potential off a 6f d1. The only issues it has imo is the activation disappearing between rounds and cut-sequences.

It's not on the same level as Atrocitus' and Batman's trait, but is probably on the next tier down imo.

Notez4

Noob
Just my impressions so far.

Very good:
Bats
Supes
Bladam
Aquaman
Flash
Atro
Darkseid
Deadshot (blue shots are a MU changer)
Green arrow (kinda hard to compare to others but arrow spam is good shit. All arrows are useful now too)
Lantern (combo extender for no meter, leads to crazy setups)

Good:
Fate
Red Hood
Harley
Bane
Ivy (goes away on hit so perhaps slightly worse)
Canary (might be "Meh" because of how long it takes to build up)
Catwoman (big damage, safe WU, somewhat easy to build up)
Cheetah (big damage)
Scarecrow (albeit a bit clunky both the DoT and Traumatize are pretty good)
Supergirl

Meh:
Cyborg (good but really slow startup)
Brainiac (good but goes away on hit)
Firestorm (Takes ages to build up, is not even that good when maxed out)
Beetle (both stances are good but seems a bit clunky)
Cpt Cold (really good trait but takes time to build up which makes it kinda gimmicky)
Grodd (not really sure but seems to hard to set up. Although the projectile immunity is nice it rarely comes into play, at least not unpunished)
Robin (I feel this has potential but it's kinda underwhelming atm)

Bad:
WoWo (random traits...)
Joker (I just don't know)
Swamp Thing (doesn't really fit his gameplan)
Missing robin :/ id put his as good. Since you can set it out safely mid string and have some plus frames afterwords.

Tweedy

Noob
If you don't have Adam's in S you don't understand it's properties. Not something that is opinion it's fact i'm sorry. 9% free damage and he's anywhere from +7 to +24, can be used as a combo extender, you can combo off of almost everything, including d1 using it.

Someone will say "of course it's opinion dude", but no it's not shut up.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
If you don't have Adam's in S you don't understand it's properties. Not something that is opinion it's fact i'm sorry. 9% free damage and he's anywhere from +7 to +24, can be used as a combo extender, you can combo off of almost everything, including d1 using it.

Someone will say "of course it's opinion dude", but no it's not shut up.
+24? Which cancel is +24?

DeftMonk

Noob
S(trait is amazing, use when available):atroc, bman, possibly badam,

Useful: canary, red hood, GA, GL, poison ivy(also use whenever possible but goes away on hit), supes(maybe s tier?) bane

Less useful:
robin(range is so short setups are difficult since his strings are so good and most advance. Also short range makes them useless on zoners),
Grodd(the moves he gets prob wouldn't be go to moves if they were in his toolkit just extra stuff to use here and there. Also the projectile immunity is next to impossible to turn on against the most annoying zoners unless ur ripping them up which at that point... why turn it on?),
BB (interesting idea and pretty good probably his issues don't stem from crap trait)
Wtf:
Ww(randomness is dumb, this is not an mmorpg)
Joker(what the hell)

Didn't comment on characters I have no experience. I know brainiac's trait is supposedly wack even tho seems like it would be ok in some matchups.