What's new

Trait Tier Discussion

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I'm interested in everyones thoughts on the best to worst traits in the game. I was gonna post my own list, but I admittedly haven't used every character or even played against every character on a consistent bases yet. So what is everyone's opinion thus far?

For instance, I believe characters like Atrocitus and Batman have some of the best traits in the game. While characters like Wonder Woman and Brainiac have the worst.

I want this to be a discussion. Also, try and separate how good a trait is on its own, and how good it is for that character.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Just my impressions so far.

Very good:
Bats
Supes
Bladam
Aquaman
Flash
Atro
Darkseid
Deadshot (blue shots are a MU changer)
Green arrow (kinda hard to compare to others but arrow spam is good shit. All arrows are useful now too)
Lantern (combo extender for no meter, leads to crazy setups)

Good:
Fate
Red Hood
Harley
Bane
Ivy (goes away on hit so perhaps slightly worse)
Canary (might be "Meh" because of how long it takes to build up)
Catwoman (big damage, safe WU, somewhat easy to build up)
Cheetah (big damage)
Scarecrow (albeit a bit clunky both the DoT and Traumatize are pretty good)
Supergirl

Meh:
Cyborg (good but really slow startup)
Brainiac (good but goes away on hit)
Firestorm (Takes ages to build up, is not even that good when maxed out)
Beetle (both stances are good but seems a bit clunky)
Cpt Cold (really good trait but takes time to build up which makes it kinda gimmicky)
Grodd (not really sure but seems to hard to set up. Although the projectile immunity is nice it rarely comes into play, at least not unpunished)
Robin (I feel this has potential but it's kinda underwhelming atm)

Bad:
WoWo (random traits...)
Joker (I just don't know)
Swamp Thing (doesn't really fit his gameplan)

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Captain Cold's lvl 1 (Ice Aura) and lvl 2 (Glacier Grenade) are top. The worst is the lvl 3 (Cryogenic Blast), because it's an AA and not worth using it, when we already got D2.

Aquaman's the worst, because you only use it as a water barrier.

Catwoman's and Red Hood's traits are the best, cuz you can combine them with the combos.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
S
Batman Atrocitus Adam
A
Supergirl Aquaman Harley Ivy Flash Bane Canary Fate GL Darkseid Superman Deadshot GA
B
Grodd Brainiac Robin Catwoman Cheetah Cyborg Firestorm CC Scarecrow RH
C
Joker Swampy WW

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
S Tier:
Batman, Attrocitus, Superman, Aquaman.

A Tier:
Black Adam, Supergirl, Green Lantern, Bane, Green Arrow, Darkseid, CatWoman, Dr. Fate, Canary, Cheetah, Flash, Deadshot.

B Tier:
Robin, Brainiac, Cyborg, Red Hood, Blue Beetle, Ivy

C Tier:
Joker (useless), Grodd (impossible to get it out safely and doesn't even offer much), Swamp Thing (needs some work), Firestorm (it's good in theory, but by the time you reach level 3, which is the only useful one, they can just clash and it's gone), Captain Cold (also has potential to be great but takes way too long to charge, some match-ups it's impossible), Scarecrow (similar to Cold, takes way too long to charge and you can get punished for doing so, traumatise needs a faster start-up frames), WonderWoman (didn't they learn from IGAU that random traits are a terrible idea?)

S Tier:
Batman, Attrocitus, Superman, Aquaman.

A Tier:
Black Adam, Supergirl, Green Lantern, Bane, Green Arrow, Darkseid, CatWoman, Dr. Fate, Canary, Cheetah, Flash, Deadshot.

B Tier:
Robin, Brainiac, Cyborg, Red Hood, Blue Beetle, Ivy

C Tier:
Joker (useless), Grodd (impossible to get it out safely and doesn't even offer much), Swamp Thing (needs some work), Firestorm (it's good in theory, but by the time you reach level 3, which is the only useful one, they can just clash and it's gone), Captain Cold (also has potential to be great but takes way too long to charge, some match-ups it's impossible), Scarecrow (similar to Cold, takes way too long to charge and you can get punished for doing so, traumatise needs a faster start-up frames), WonderWoman (didn't they learn from IGAU that random traits are a terrible idea?)
You can get grodds out safely mid combo

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Black Adam's trait may also be S tier considering the frame advantage in strings, the damage in combos, and the unavoidable kill scenarios at the end of rounds and matches.

I also believe Wonder Woman's trait does not even suit the character's design. What part of the character makes you think "random"? Fighting style? No. Personality? No. She should be allowed to choose the power up she receives using the d-pad and trait button.

Skedar70

Noob
People here are talking like if Grodds trait is the projectile immunity. Its not. Grodd's trait is pretty easy to activate and it allows him to do meterless combos with good damage and restands. Its not garbage tier its mid tier.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
The best: Batman, Atrocitus

Very good: Black Adam, Black Canary, Bane, Aquaman, Poison Ivy, Darkseid , Red Hood(?)

Good: Doctor Fate, Deadshot, Robin, Green Lantern, Green Arrow, Superman, Supergirl, Cyborg, Flash, Blue Beetle, Cheetah, Harley

Decent: Gorilla Grodd, Captain Cold, Scarecrow(?), Catwoman, Firestorm, Brainiac

Ass: Wonder Woman, Joker, Swamp Thing

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
It sucks that Cold's trait could be so great and part of his game but it is gated behind an insane charge mechanic where most characters just have to wait out an extremely short cooldown and hit 1 button and profit.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
scarecrows dot is so much better then traumatize it's ridicolous. Both of them should be placed at different tiers IMO
well trait does both. Traumitize might not happen as often but it doesn't make the trait any worse, only better

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
scarecrows dot is so much better then traumatize it's ridicolous. Both of them should be placed at different tiers IMO
Everything about Scarecrow after CEO is top tier and you should honestly be ashamed of yourself. Just keep grinding out that Nightwing staff so you can someday attempt to muster up some respect.