What's new

Trading in knives for missiles: Picking up Sektor

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
tournys do not represent anything besides player skill and knowledge before they go.
So your saying all of I$AACs tourney placements mean that he knows the character the best? And even he says kano is bottom three? Thank you for ending that argument.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
So your saying all of I$AACs tourney placements mean that he knows the character the best? And even he says kano is bottom three? Thank you for ending that argument.
I said tournaments do not mean anything concerning someones previous knowledge?

Just because ISAAC goes to tournies, doesnt mean hes the best with him

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
I'm going to clarify some things, I've been silently monitoring this forum for a while and here's what I have to say on the character.

1. The 6 frame jab is overrated, yes it is 6 frames. But there's a high chance the 2 after it will wiff. Giving you a 3% punish, and probably a crouched B1 which you have to block for, in matchups like the cage matchup, a wiffed 1,2,B1 is a free F3. Yes you can go 1,1,B1 but we all know that the 1,2,B1 string is why everyone thinks it's godlike.

2. The U3 "50/50" is also overrated. You can see the overhead coming from a mile away, I'm not saying it will never work. Everything has a chance of working in all matches, but against someone that likes to D1 or D3 will make the chance of your U3 working slim at best. not to mention, if you're in a situation for an U3, lets say from a connected 1,2,2. You can go for something better that builds meter and does chip. If the opponent guesses right, the chances of all that is gone.

Most sektor players and people that know about the character alike seem to say he's godlike for the wrong reasons. Most importantly. He can play the life lead amazingly, and has an amazing hit and run style of play. Some people are saying zoners are becoming worse, and that sektor is better as an aggresive character. No. jail the opponent with missiles when you land a combo/air to air/anti air etc and then when your pressure is over, you can play the life lead if you have it. Being able to mix up your style of Um alone is overlooked by many.

I'm not saying he's bad, or lacking. He's easily top 10. he has great damage, great zoning/anti zoning, and his jab can help him in things like the cage match. And it's a fantastic anti air. Not to mention his B1/F2 work very well.

Just my two cents, you don't have to agree. This is why the character forums are a good thing.

2. The U3 "50/50" is also overrated.
I disagree about the u3 being overrated. I think most people know that it's completely useless 99% of the time at best and will backfire horrible at worst. The only time it's even worth considering is after a blocked Homing Missile, since it gives you enough advantage to attempt it safely. But even then there's probably better things you could do in the long run in that situation.

Couldn't agree more about his 1 though. If 1(2b1) is the reason why you're playing/learning Sektor, you should probably reconsider your course of action.

dude where have you been we haven't seen you since war on i4
Money's been real tight and I'm actually putting work into my classes this semester. I just haven't had the time or resources to travel. Not to mention everything is either on the coasts or near Georgia, so I'm looking at a couple hours travel, which I don't have the gas money for right now.

My plan is to make it to CEO and it's complementary events, but I'm not making any promises. A lot of things, not just MK, are dependent upon me finding a job, and soon.

Also, I need to think of a new stream name before I go to any more events. This Romeo shit isn't going to cut it.

Money's been real tight and I'm actually putting work into my classes this semester. I just haven't had the time or resources to travel. Not to mention everything is either on the coasts or near Georgia, so I'm looking at a couple hours travel, which I don't have the gas money for right now.

My plan is to make it to CEO and it's complementary events, but I'm not making any promises. A lot of things, not just MK, are dependent upon me finding a job, and soon.

Also, I need to think of a new stream name before I go to any more events. This Romeo shit isn't going to cut it.
ha ha ha why not man RBD is a cool name bro i see no issues with it but im sure we could help you come up with somehting but i understand money issues and the traveling distances but y0ou know you could have came with us to FR we would have found room and stuff for you in the cars and hotel bro just gotta ask lol but hopefully we will see you at either ceo de mayo or CEO its self also when picking a name either somthing that you love about character or just an old nickname lol