What's new

Trading in knives for missiles: Picking up Sektor

I$AAC

Noob
Ok, I've been maining Kano since day 1. I've won and/or placed high with him in every tourney up until the last one (I got 9th which was the lowest since CEO2011 where I got....9th lol) After watching MLG, FR, and contrusting the Kano MU list I decided it was time for a change in my mains. Sektor has always been one of my pocket characters (I've actually won one of the local tourney with him in the early days of the game) and I've decided it's time to take him up full time.

I guess I'm just making this thread to introduce myself to all you Sektorians out there. Hello to everyone and hopefully I can make you all proud and represent the Sektor players well! =)

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Ok, I've been maining Kano since day 1. I've won and/or placed high with him in every tourney up until the last one (I got 9th which was the lowest since CEO2011 where I got....9th lol) After watching MLG, FR, and contrusting the Kano MU list I decided it was time for a change in my mains. Sektor has always been one of my pocket characters (I've actually won one of the local tourney with him in the early days of the game) and I've decided it's time to take him up full time.

I guess I'm just making this thread to introduce myself to all you Sektorians out there. Hello to everyone and hopefully I can make you all proud and represent the Sektor players well! =)
Lol missles

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
....As embarassing as it is to contstantly switch secondaries, I have pretty much dropped Kenshi for Sektor.

So......hi

I$AAC

Noob
I'm just tired of trying to make a bottom 3 character work and have nothing to show for it. I owe it to myself to main better characters.

McNasty

Moist.
good call your kano is extremely impressive with a better tool like sektor results could be limitless

like every one that switches their main, you will find no difference. just a new character in your pocket which is cool.
but don't ever convince yourself that switching to kabal or cage or anyone will help you win tournaments.
it hasn't helped any yet and it never will. that is all

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!!!!?
I say dropped, although honestly I will probably switch between the two for fun.

Ive played Sektor before though, so that is why I am hoping MAYBE, just maybe he will finally click with me.

ISAAC, just wait for Somberness' Kano frame data, coming this week. Then we can finally figure out some things that will give him a fighting chance. :(
Well, my main has been Sektor since day 1, and Kano has been my secondary since the summer. Sektor is fun but he isn't easy; you have to learn and use every single one of his tools to win.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
ISAAC, just wait for Somberness' Kano frame data, coming this week. Then we can finally figure out some things that will give him a fighting chance. :(
Well, my main has been Sektor since day 1, and Kano has been my secondary since the summer. Sektor is fun but he isn't easy; you have to learn and use every single one of his tools to win.
He has no frame traps, slow recovery on projectiles, no block strings, no armor, and whiffing strings. All these make him one of the harder characters to pick up and play. What he does have is one of, if not the best footsie games in MK9. Playing Sektor will make you improve on your fighting game fundamentals. It'll help in the future with any other characters you play unless they are not footsie based what so ever.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
He has no frame traps, slow recovery on projectiles, no block strings, no armor, and whiffing strings. All these make him one of the harder characters to pick up and play. What he does have is one of, if not the best footsie games in MK9. Playing Sektor will make you improve on your fighting game fundamentals. It'll help in the future with any other characters you play unless they are not footsie based what so ever.
20f startup, 51f duration is average.

Don't forget the weak wake-up options. :D

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
im sticking with my mains, mostly kano

So fuck what you heard, you will eventually regret it....

nah you probably wont :(

I$AAC

Noob

One of the things that drew me to Sektor was his footsie game. And I don't mind using all his tools at his disposal seeing that I had to do the same thing with Kano. So far I'm loving what I'm seeing and I can definitely see myself going farther with him.

As for the people telling me to stick with Kano, don't worry I'm not completely dropping him. He's just not going to be my main, but I'll use him for some of Sektors bad matchups such as Raiden.

NKZero

Noob
One of the things that drew me to Sektor was his footsie game. And I don't mind using all his tools at his disposal seeing that I had to do the same thing with Kano. So far I'm loving what I'm seeing and I can definitely see myself going farther with him.

As for the people telling me to stick with Kano, don't worry I'm not completely dropping him. He's just not going to be my main, but I'll use him for some of Sektors bad matchups such as Raiden.
Sektor can more than hold his own in the Raiden match-up. You need to use the homing missile so that he cannot fuck around with teleports and what not and you keep him honest. Be careful with straight missiles and flame burners. Also you can punish him hard for any mistake he makes and you can interrupt his B312 and 334 strings (as risky as it is) and consequently punish for 30-odd to 40-odd percent depending on whether you use meter or not in your combo. I cannot give the match-up a figure though since I use Sub Zero (my main) for Raiden.

Does Kano only do well because of the reverse inputs (knife/up ball)? Lol I'm kidding but curious to know why Kano does well vs Raiden.