What's new

*TOURNEY SEASON 3 - TEAM BATTLES* TYM League (PSN)

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
Will there be a good way to spectate these via twitch or YouTube. My schedule will be tough to participate but I would enjoy getting the match up knowledge vicariously.
We will probably only try to stream the tourney matches, unless someone wants to record and post some as we go.

@Matador Fiend man you gotta play. You would be a tough player to beat, plus you all you have to do is play 3 random people once a week FT3. You guys play when you can, it's not scheduled. The tourneys are but they will have a ton of notice. And you can still play in the league and opt out of the tourney for the month if you wanted.

Basically you play 3 random people once a week, FT3 wins. Tourney once a month. You can definitely just watch if you want though.
Im in

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
I might change the coach limit from one player to multiple. Not fair to others if they can’t get feedback to improve.

xKMMx

Banned
I might change the coach limit from one player to multiple. Not fair to others if they can’t get feedback to improve.
Here's a thought. I know it throws a whole lot of additional logistics into the mix so maybe something to do in the future if people are into it

Maybe we could have a season that is done as teams. For example 4 to 5 players to a team with a coach assigned to each. In the beginning we would all only play members of other teams but as the season goes on the players with the most points can then advance to a playoff type scenario where they play in a mini tourney and all bets are off.

It would be kinda cool to have a reward system for players that are also coaches because they would have extra incentive to be invested in the success of their players.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
Here's a thought. I know it throws a whole lot of additional logistics into the mix so maybe something to do in the future if people are into it

Maybe we could have a season that is done as teams. For example 4 to 5 players to a team with a coach assigned to each. In the beginning we would all only play members of other teams but as the season goes on the players with the most points can then advance to a playoff type scenario where they play in a mini tourney and all bets are off.

It would be kinda cool to have a reward system for players that are also coaches because they would have extra incentive to be invested in the success of their players.
Damn, that is a really good idea. We might have to try that later on for sure.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
@Professor Oak should probably be a coach. He's a great player and has already been super cool and gave me a ton of advice.
I agree 100% but pretty sure he has an issue with me and thinks I "stole his idea". To his credit, he DID mention playing 3 weeks and then a tourney... but I suggested a league way before that and not doing so many tourneys because it will kill the hype behind them. And as far as a points based system for rankings, no one can "steal" that idea. That's how rankings are made in literally everything. Lol

But yes, if he'll play he should definitely be a coach. He is very intelligent and knowledgeable about the game as well.

edit: And actually, if he wanted to also run the league with me that's not a terrible idea. He seemed very interested before I rolled all of this out.

xKMMx

Banned
I agree 100% but pretty sure he has an issue with me and thinks I "stole his idea". To his credit, he DID mention playing 3 weeks and then a tourney... but I suggested a league way before that and not doing so many tourneys because it will kill the hype behind them. And as far as a points based system for rankings, no one can "steal" that idea. That's how rankings are made in literally everything. Lol

But yes, if he'll play he should definitely be a coach. He is very intelligent and knowledgeable about the game as well.

edit: And actually, if he wanted to also run the league with me that's not a terrible idea. He seemed very interested before I rolled all of this out.
Yea I don't know about any of that but he is really good and gives me a lot of advice.