What's new

Tournament Viable Characters for 2013

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Probably because Detroit isnt a Smoke main....Wafflez is the better Smoke but detroit has played countless characters against Reptile. Im not downplaying or complaining but Smoke doesnt go even against Reptile its clear. Reptiles tools beat Smokes and that makes it 6-4...dash is just too effective against Smoke unlike it is against the rest of the cast
Dash is effective at keeping Smoke from running. BUT, it doesn't really set anything up on Smoke, and Smoke punishes it with death (provided he's managed to get a bar or two).

And Detroit had Smoke in his lineup for the longest time. But considering Wafflez is a dedicated Smoke main in comparison, playing Han should've ensured he had the experience with Smoke to deal. That's just not how it worked, though. Wafflez has personal problems with Reptile. Most other Smokes I've played don't. Detroit was harder to face by a long shot. ATL_REDD was also harder to face (I don't even know HOW I ended up beating him in pool losers finals at Season's Beatings 2011...he literally was smacking me around in casuals and forced me off of Reptile because I hated how I was doing).

HD Smoke

Noob
Dash is effective at keeping Smoke from running. BUT, it doesn't really set anything up on Smoke, and Smoke punishes it with death (provided he's managed to get a bar or two).

And Detroit had Smoke in his lineup for the longest time. But considering Wafflez is a dedicated Smoke main in comparison, playing Han should've ensured he had the experience with Smoke to deal. That's just not how it worked, though. Wafflez has personal problems with Reptile. Most other Smokes I've played don't. Detroit was harder to face by a long shot. ATL_REDD was also harder to face (I don't even know HOW I ended up beating him in pool losers finals at Season's Beatings 2011...he literally was smacking me around in casuals and forced me off of Reptile because I hated how I was doing).
I watched you blow up ATL's red Smoke though on stream. Detroit had Smoke in his lineup but he took him out now that he knows Smoke isnt as good as this community trys to say he is. I have used him from day 1 and i think he is good i just know he isnt what people cry about. Honestly id trade this game in tomorrow if Smokes reset was out because thats all that keeps me playing it everyday. If his reset was out he would be sub zero tier.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I watched you blow up ATL's red Smoke though on stream. Detroit had Smoke in his lineup but he took him out now that he knows Smoke isnt as good as this community trys to say he is. I have used him from day 1 and i think he is good i just know he isnt what people cry about. Honestly id trade this game in tomorrow if Smokes reset was out because thats all that keeps me playing it everyday. If his reset was out he would be sub zero tier.
Agreed, I think he does need the reset. And trust me, offstream was a totally different story. I took no matches. ._.

Eventually cyrax will get in. his anti air speical from a far can get him in and than he has to be careful since smokes standing 2 blows it up, at that point though he is around midrange and thats where he starts to beat Smoke. B2 can easily get whiffed and blown up by cyrax. Standing 2 isnt safe to use on the ground. Think of Smokes standing 2 as sektors 6frame jab tiny range but slower. its no bueno.
gotcha

Lazoruz

Closer to the coffin, but still kicking..!
Tournament Viable Characters for 2013

Definition of tournament viable - proven to be able to either win or place top 5 at a major in its current state.

Liu Kang
Kung Lao
Johnny Cage
Mileena
Cyrax
Smoke
Sonya Blade
Jax
Shang Tsung
Kabal
Kitana
Kenshi
Freddy Krueger
Sektor
Reptile
Raiden
Skarlet

Thoughts?
I think the bigger question is if NRS is going to do a 2013 update and make some big changes? It would be nice to see that they haven't forgotten about MK9 entirely due to the upcoming Injustice game.

I'd LOVE to see low tier characters get buff and the top tier characters get nerfs as much as any other player just to stir things up a bit. Can you imagine Sheeva top tire...LOL

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I think the bigger question is if NRS is going to do a 2013 update and make some big changes? It would be nice to see that they haven't forgotten about MK9 entirely due to the upcoming Injustice game.

I'd LOVE to see low tier characters get buff and the top tier characters get nerfs as much as any other player just to stir things up a bit. Can you imagine Sheeva top tire...LOL
not happening

DarkSlayerSmith

Fundamentals in real life
That makes me want to wish this game viability to win did not come from MU but skills of the one who plays the char.
everybody is 5-5 to minimum 6-4.No counterpicking just counterbeatdown.

Why are my implications so invalid, smoke bomb is 14 f start up while net is 17. Also, smoke bomb travels faster than the net does.

If you want the matchup done right then just simply state why you think my posts are wrong, don't post memes and think its good enough to justify your claims. You are smarter than that. Other cyrax players also don't have smoke losing to cyrax. It is either 5-5 or 6-4 in smoke favor.
Thank u!!!

Sent from my SCH-R830 using Tapatalk 2