What's new

Top Tiers for every Mortal Kombat game o_O

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
I've yet to figure out how Quans stuff is gonna even work in a match if he has to stan din the SPOT for it to work.

If he can simply pass through the spot... then you'll have something.
Well part of it depends on how "in" the spot you have to be to activate it. Your whole body inside the circle? Just a toe on the edge?

As far as the buffs... the purple one is probably just one of those things we won't understand until we get our hands on the game. We don't know how the zoning feels, we don't know what the flow of projectile wars is like or the overall flow of matches. Maybe Quan Chi doesn't really have to get off of that spot to be a threat.

The green and red ones, though, I can kind of picture a little easier. Mainly in the corner, but again, once we learn the flow of the game and Quan Chi as a whole, I'm sure there will be plenty of tactics.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Jade was like Mid tier/low tier in MKA, that Fan Zi had little to no good low starters or good frames on block.
Having a low starter wasn't a big deal in MKA. Jade was really good in MKA and the strongest answer to Sareena. Her weapon had incredible range that was only dealt with if you had a long-reaching move to punish it, and in Fan Zi, she had a safe low poke, a safe mid launcher, and the best hand-to-hand uppercut. Plus glow lasted a VERY long time, so it was generally impossible to projectile zone her.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Welp...I am now on blast for saying that NRS/Midway always fucked Scorpion over in their games. Granted I never followed the 3D MKs aside from MKDC, but I can't weasel my way out of this mistake because of ignorance.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Jade was like Mid tier/low tier in MKA, that Fan Zi had little to no good low starters or good frames on block.
Hm? I'd be surprised if even the best of the best had any moves that was + on block. Blockstun was extremely minimal in the 3D games in the first place.

Holy shit, ma niqqlet Baraka is top tier on Gold?!
Gold-exclusive MK4 characters are basically the precursors to the modern DLC characters. Top tier by default due to very little testing. :DOGE

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Hm? I'd be surprised if even the best of the best had any moves that was + on block. Blockstun was extremely minimal in the 3D games in the first place.
Up until MKDC, 3D MK had no blockstun.

Basically I wanted to list the a few iconic MK characters at their best from the 90's and see if anybody would be able to rank them.

Note: These are characters whom based on the game they come from were at their absolute highest on a tier list, Or in simpler words if you see a character with a certain installment of a MK game next to them it is because it was the highest that the character has been ranked on a tier list in the 90's.

If for some reason you do not agree with the version I have given the character you can pick another game from the 90's in which you believe they were very high and rank them according to you.

And now here are the characters.

Liu Kang = MK2
Kung Lao = MKT(PSX MK2 ver.) or MK2
Kitana = MK Gold
Sonya = MK1
Jax = MK2
Johnny Cage = MK1 (Not Sure)
Sub-Zero = MK3
Cyrax = MK Gold
Raiden = MK4 (Not Sure)
Reptile = MK4
Mileena = MK2
Scorpion = MK4
Kano = MK1 or MK3 (IDK really, Someone help me with this one)
Baraka = MKT-N64
Shang Tsung = MK2 (Not Sure)

So now if all these characters were in a game with the same mechanics from the game they come from what would a tier list for this particular roster look like?

Last edited:

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
@R.E.O.
I may get blown up for this but in mk2 I can see jax breaking millenia with proper time ground pounds & space control with standing hk. I could be wrong but imo he can bounce that bitch up . Again just a broken players opinion before glitchjabs and other stuff heh

Also when can I play u in mkte. Haven't seen u @r@RapZiLLa54 events and I want to play u bro heh. I know u will body me but I support umk3te. U or @Juggs please pute in my place lol

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
I'd say that it would be very nice to see the reasoning for those. It's not that I question them, but I found it pretty hard to understand what made those characters strong just by browsing general info that can be found on Internet.

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
I'd say that it would be very nice to see the reasoning for those. It's not that I question them, but I found it pretty hard to understand what made those characters strong just by browsing general info that can be found on Internet.
Which are you referring to?

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Which are you referring to?
I'm curious about many. For one, what's with Tanya? Description of her moves doesn't sound overwhelming by themselves. Some advancing special, some shenanigans with invisibility... But without knowing more and in details, I can't see why she was strong.
That's an example.

Versa

Noob
This thread brought me way back. Shout out to all the PS2 MKD and MKA community. We were addicts LOL.

I saw a post about Dairou beating NS 7/3. I don't remember much about MKD at all but I know for sure it wasn't 7/3. IIRC if smoke dodged the back stomp he got a guaranteed teleport punch into damage. It was probably Dairou's favor I guess but not by that much. Bo vs Dai was also very close. Dai was #1 but could be best by those two.

When I played MKA(Before all the ridiculous glitch stuff Check discovered) Sareena ran the game by a sizeable margin. Jade was the only character who was a legit challenge due to invincibility counter. Scorpion was also great as was Sub-Zero and Drahmin.

This is all online stuff and based around that meta game. No one played it offline so all the best competition was online. I remember all the great mkd players like Dave, Check, Thug, Dancock, Quik, etc.

Great memories despite the games obviously being horrible haha. We had such great rivalries and talked so much trash on MKO.