What's new

Top Tiers for every Mortal Kombat game o_O

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
How about a MK logo tier list?

MK2 and MK9 fighting for that top spot imo.

MKX logo is so lame compared to the rest...

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Also,

I didn't really play the older games b/c I was like 5 years old lol but why isn't shang top in whatever game he was in in the earlier games where he could transform in to whoever? Wouldn't he get all of their bs ?

Dirtylova

YOLO FLYING GRAYSON BICH
You're Mka list is off, I'm not surprised.. Now that I look at it, your mkd and maybe the mkdc list is off..

Dirtylova

YOLO FLYING GRAYSON BICH
and just for fun most dominant characters in their game

dairou mkd most power full character in mk history lol his matchups numbers look like this

jade 8-2

bo rai cho 6-4
nood-smoke 7-3
nightwolf 9-1
kenshi 8-2
kira 9-1
liu kang 9-1
ermac 8-2
sub zero 9-1
scorpion 8-2
kabal 9-1
kobra 8-2
havic 9-1
Baraka 9-1

Vs raiden? If you say anything wore than 6-4, please have an explanation come with it..

By the way, sup old bud :)

REO

Undead
It's crazy that every character that was top tier in MK Gold wasn't even in vanilla MK4. Any reason Sektor, Baraka, Mileena and Kitana were so good in that?
Sektor had a teleport uppercut infinite in yellow disc. Aside form that, his teleport uppercut was ridiculously fast to the point it was virtually impossible to zone him. His homing missles had barely any recovery and could be spammed like no tomorrow for easy lock down and offense. Kitana had infinites every time she touched you. She could continuously throw air fans over and over to infinite you. Baraka's blade spin was braindead damage, two of them did 50%+. He had an infinite in his weapon. He also had a blade fury infinite. Mileena could roll you over and over for maximum damage which was one of the easiest combos ever. She also had solid zoning and was almost impossible to zone due to the combination of roll and teleport drop kick.

You finally stopped using that @pumpkincream account?
I think some of you should start listening to IP addresses instead of randomly accusing me of being certain members. I think you've all lost your privilege to excuse me of someone ever since I was harassed on months end for allegedly being Compbros and then another time where I got banned for no reason other than because Derptile signed up on TYM with the account name "REO" and players were adamant in claiming they "thought it was me". :p

What made the top tiers in MK1 good? Also, Sareena not #1 in Armageddon? Smells like downplaying.
Sareena is number one in netplay where her knives are very hard to deal with and skull bash is safe. Off-line her knives aren't as crucifying and her skull bash is full combo punishable on block. She lacks safety and

Sonya had a leg grab infinite. She could also punish virtually everything on block with leg grab. Put two and two together and that's what makes her number one. :p Johnny Cage could punish just about everything on block with Shadow Kick. He had good corner combos and decent zoning. Liu Kang pretty much did what Johnny Cage did but was a tad bit worse in the regard.

Sareena was only the best online. Her Skull Bash was completely safe and led to 30% unbreakable or whatever the number was.

@R.E.O. How are you distinguishing "tiers"? I agree with your ordering for the most part; but I don't think I'd lump a lot of these characters into the same tier. MKD for example: I wouldn't consider Scorpion, Kobra, or Darrius top tier although I'd still have them in the 4-7 spots similar to you.
Basically I'm trying to take around 1/4th of the roster (give or take a few spots) and just place the best characters in numerical order in one brief lump. But you're right in that if this was a realistic tier list you would not see me putting characters like Johnny Cage and Liu Kang next to Sonya (MK1) as top tier, or in that example of MKD you gave. Those are all specifics that I think wouldn't look too good in this kind of small presentation for each game.

@R.E.O. What about Superman in MKDC?
Superman would be technically number one in MKvsDC if you played without community rules. The tier lists I put up are all factoring in the community agreed rules. I could probably make a separate tier list with no rules for some of the games like MKA, MKvsDC, etc. etc.

To get everyone to agree for some of these games, you would need specific tier lists for Online, Off-line, Rules, and No-Rules. :p (and different console versions of course)

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
I think the battle for the most brokenest character in MK history should be between MKT Noob Saibot and Dairou of MKD. If we take NRS history - it must be Dairou vs MKDC Flash.

Pearl Monnkey

Mountain Climber
Lol N64 MKT. I forgot how garbage that was.

UMK3 for sure is right. Smoke and Ermac are about dead even. I forgot how good Kabal was in that.

Makes sense then why scorpion was low tier for MK9 :p
MKT is the best MK game in the series. Also, Armageddon is wrong, wasn't Blaze top tier?

Most broken in the games was MKT Noob Saibot, MKD Dairou, and MK1 Sonya!!

Last edited:

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
@R.E.O. hey can you explain why some of the characters in MK3 weren't top tier in umk3? I thought only cyrax kabal and sub got toned down. Why isn't jax and kano top still?

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
I played Noob in MKT. Glad to know I can pick top tier and not even realize it.