What's new

Top Tiers for every Mortal Kombat game o_O

ReallyMontana

Making Proper Adjustments
Never thought about tiers till I played Mk9. This thread makes me want to revisit the old mks now. But I must say that Darrius on MK Deception was fun to play with.:D

Eminent

Forum Lurker
I only played MK1, MK2, and then MK9 so I'm am not familiar with all of the other characters that came in between. I'm worried the next MKX reveal is going to be some MK4 character and I won't know them. Is there somewhere that shows all the other MK characters (likely to return) and their signature moves or something? Maybe a video? @R.E.O.

GetSpookd

#1 Enemy : Rust.
I only played MK1, MK2, and then MK9 so I'm am not familiar with all of the other characters that came in between. I'm worried the next MKX reveal is going to be some MK4 character and I won't know them. Is there somewhere that shows all the other MK characters (likely to return) and their signature moves or something? Maybe a video? @R.E.O.
From what we've seen so far, there's a speculation that Fujin and Tanya might be in the new MK.

MK4 was..

1. Tanya
2. Reptile
3. Scorpion
4. Sub-Zero

You had the right 4, just off on # 2 and 3. Reptile's weapon pushes him above Scorpion.

Waiting for Kotal Khan to make the list for MKX.
I am skeptical about both kotal and quan's stationary buff abilities, i see applicable uses, but generally in fighting games speed in terms of projectiles and characters and mobility tend to over-ride those things. I see quan using his runes for counter-zoning and such, but i am suspect about those. It might not matter because kotal's footsie tools and such could be real dominant

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
I am skeptical about both kotal and quan's stationary buff abilities, i see applicable uses, but generally in fighting games speed in terms of projectiles and characters and mobility tend to over-ride those things.
Are you skeptical about their effects or about being able to viably execute those moves without being killed for it in a match?

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
What, no MK SM tier list? :p

I actually liked Dariou's design, he was cool in concept a mercenary that fought somewhat like a samurai. I think he would have been better looking if he had a samurai mask literally....still much better than Drahmin, Mokap, Meat, Movado, Kobra, Kira, Hsu Hao and Darrius....lol

Seems Scorp and Sub are consistent over time as being good.

Kabal too I know some will hate me for saying this, but I actually want Kabal to stay dead. lol Plus can't have an MK without Sub or Scorp :)

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
I am skeptical about both kotal and quan's stationary buff abilities, i see applicable uses, but generally in fighting games speed in terms of projectiles and characters and mobility tend to over-ride those things. I see quan using his runes for counter-zoning and such, but i am suspect about those. It might not matter because kotal's footsie tools and such could be real dominant
I can tell you very quickly why he will only be mid tier at best is because I'm going to play him.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Kotal Kahn Setup

Combo into beam of light into crossover block string into command grab

beam of light hurts opponent for first throw section.... heals him in 2nd

That is the ONLY thing I can think of right now.

I've yet to figure out how Quans stuff is gonna even work in a match if he has to stan din the SPOT for it to work.

If he can simply pass through the spot... then you'll have something.

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
the latter
That would be my first concern as well. MK's in the past had these type of power-up or buff moves and a lot of them ended up not being useful because of that reason. Quan Chi in MK9 is a perfect example. That said, I have to believe that they're correcting that sort of thing in MKX. They seem to be addressing more and more little issues like that as they go.

And especially if an entire variation is based off of these kind of moves. I don't remember exactly... Quan Chi can do Trance and then summon his bat, right? Not sure about Trance and then doing his buffs. But they mentioned knocking your opponent down in the corner, setting up his armor buff, and going to work, etc. as a specific strategy. They must have in mind certain moves, strings, whatever that give you the opportunity to get those buffs in.

Could be something like Kotal cutting a juggle-combo's damage short by ending in a particular move that allows him to call a totem or slash his chest.