What's new

Top 5 Favorite Variations to Play?

NeroOps

Death Before Dishonor
If you see me play it i like it. There are some things i don't like about these variations but i still enjoy using them nonetheless.
Shao Kahn - Risen Emperor, Realm Destroyer
Jacqui - Next Gen
Subzero - Avalanche
Raiden - Truth and Light

I also like:
Jacqui - 1st Round Ko
Baraka - Berserker
Sonya - No Holds Barred, Ten-Hut (I like the advantage K.A.T has using her DD1 even though it gives a gap)

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
Mean streak is another one I wanna learn. Either him or geras are next
Mean Streak basically adds one more option to end his strings on block. it is dash cancel. For example after f22 you can end this string by overhead, low buzzsaw or dash cancel. Same for f4, there is also 3 options that blows your opponents mind. As a strong Kabal main i highly recommend to train for possible scenarios after dash cancel (grab, another string, jump over etc..) and this is very important if you like to rule air combat, be an expert about half jump-air buzzsaw. You will rule the Air be sure. important thing is when it should be used. For example if you hit your opponent by low buzzsaw after a 50/50 string most likely they will try to jump after it. That is a good time to use half jump and Air bsaw. if you close enough it will lead into big combos, try 2-3 and nomad dash to extend your combos. if you are far just use nomad dash after amplified Air bsaw. i think those two points are good way to start learning Mean Streak. Deals less damage than the Spins but has a lot of options on block and Air. in the second level of training you can work on d4+Low buzzsaw, d4+dash cancel and d4+amplified Regular bsaw. it deals krushing blow if your opponent pressing a button. Other two are very tricky and unexpected. D4 has a good range. Also Kabal's stand1 and d3 are strong anti-air options. They lead into big combos. Don't forget to use nomad dash at zoning game, especially after low, Regular or halfjump Air buzzsaws, be warned it is risky but unexpected. Works great on fullscreen. if you are good about flawless block, i highly recommend to use his u2 everytime. it is fast, lead into big combos and have a monster range. There is no need to use his u3 on gaps especially. You know almost every string of him are safe. Some of them is like auto flawless block opportunity. Try to discover them. B12 or f224.. work on Frame data to set flawless block traps, you will be well rewarded.

Last edited:

UghGetOuttaHere

Number Cruncher. Jack of All Trades.
Mean Streak basically adds one more option to end his strings on block. it is dash cancel. For example after f22 you can end this string by overhead, low buzzsaw or dash cancel. Same for f4, there is also 3 options that blows your opponents mind. As a strong Kabal main i highly recommend to train for possible scenarios after dash cancel (grab, another string, jump over etc..) and this is very important if you like to rule air combat, be an expert about half jump-air buzzsaw. You will rule the Air be sure. important thing is when it should be used. For example if you hit your opponent by low buzzsaw after a 50/50 string most likely they will try to jump after it. That is a good time to use half jump and Air bsaw. if you close enough it will lead into big combos, try 2-3 and nomad dash to extend your combos. if you are far just use nomad dash after amplified Air bsaw. i think those two points are good way to start learn Mean Streak. Deals less damage than the Spins but has a lot of options on block and Air. in the second level of training you can work on d4+Low buzzsaw, d4+dash cancel and d4+amplified Regular bsaw. it deals krushing blow if your opponent press a button. Other two are very tricky and unexpected. D4 has a good range. Also Kabal's stand1 and d3 are strong anti-air options. They lead into big combos. Don't forget to use nomad dash at zoning game, especially after low, Regular or halfjump Air buzzsaws, be warned it is risky but unexpected. Works great on fullscreen. if you are good about flawless block, i highly recommend to use his u2 everytime. it is fast, lead into big combos and have a monster range. There is no need to use his u3 on gaps especially. You know almost every string of him are safe. Some of them is like auto flawless block opportunity. Try to discover them. B12 or f224.. work on Frame data to set flawless block traps, you will be well rewarded.
Oh wow, thanks for the gameplan info . Im going to use these tips as a ground zero for my kabal. The more characters i dive into the better. Overall, scale of 1 to 10 how fun is he?

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
Oh wow, thanks for the gameplan info . Im going to use these tips as a ground zero for my kabal. The more characters i dive into the better. Overall, scale of 1 to 10 how fun is he?

Well, if you like to play as Buzzed D'vorah you will find some similarities like insane jump attacks, Kabal's Jump2 is the second best jump attack in this game. Number 1 is D'Vorah's Jump1.. Same for D4.. Like D'vorah, Kabal is very good at midscreen and corner. Has a lot of mixup options, good combos, good pressure. Mean Streak is stronger than D'Vorah at zoning game, you can feel very comfortable. b12d2 and db4 krushing blows deals insane damage. same for d2.. also Mean Streak is the best way to use his backthrow kb. dash cancel will give you this chance. bf1 amplified buzzsaw kb is hard to perform but doesn't matter cos at least you will have 5 good krushing blows. f224 is another one. Fatal Blow is insanely good and looks so cool. Godlike u2 flawless block, one of the best for sure.. I gave him 9,5/10..

Last edited:

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Raiden-Thunder Wave
Jade-Emerald Defender
Liu Kang-Wu Shi
Sonya-Ring Toss or whatever it's called(I forget the name atm) lol
I don't really have a 5th waiting for Fujin to hit to fill this gap, but I'm thinking of trying out Kabal-The Runs

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
1.Skarlet (Heart Pierce)
  1. Nightwolf (Matoka Warrior)
  2. Noob Saibot (3rd variation)
  3. Scorpion (Reborn)
5.Kabal (the spins)

Benlo

PrayforSareena
How is Untamable? Is the mix up with db3 worth it?
Untamable is kinda inconsistent. I mean, the additional strings are welcome (it clearly feels as they are removed from her base kit...), but it needs some fix, like the frame/dial-in thing for example

Db3 mostly serves as a restand tool, the tp is very risky, however.

I'm not selling it good, probably, but that's the only variation that makes Jade feels like Jade, for me.

E

Eldriken

Kabal - Clean Cut

I'm a lowly pleb and love my b1/f4 mind games with bf2. I pretty much just stick with this variation and haven't given much time to The Spins or Mean Streak.

cashthesehands

monster masher
1- Buzzed Dvorah
2- Loud and Klear Sindel
3- No Holds Barred Sonya
4- Kreepy Krawler Dvorah (impractical but it's great fun for trolling)
5- Next Gen Jacqui