What's new

Top 5 Favorite Variations to Play?

Hello everyone. I've been very curious what everyones favorite way to play the game is. Maybe I can get inspired to try something new. If you want to share, than whats your top 5 fave varations? Heres mine:

1. Kotal - Buluc
  2. Dvorah - Buzzed
  3. Kung Lao - Lotus Fist
  4. Jaded
  5. Shang Tsung - Spellmaster

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
1 Liu’s first variation (can’t memeorize that shitty name)
2 Outtake Johnny
3 Sub’s Thin Ice (only because the rest are shit)
4 Searing Rage Scorp (211+2)
5 Baraka’s Gutted variation
Frankly they all suck at some point, I don’t remember being frustrated about MKX variations except for that ridiculous tattoo Liu had on his face.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Really? Only two? You should try some different ones, I was suprised by how fun SOME characters actually were after i tried them.
Yeah, I don't play a lot of characters. DS Cassie is my main and she's boring (though I hear YQ is more fun). Scorpion's SR alright, but I wish his Demon Dash and Demon Breath were in a variation, cause that's what I use for towers and it's a blast. Johnny is also fun but I didn't put a lot of time into him so I still suck with FB cancels - which is the fun part.

I also did enjoy V3 Lao for a bit cause his pew pew move was awesome and his combos had tight links to connect. I should probably try more but one I start vibing with a character I don't really wanna play anyone else.

Yeah, I don't play a lot of characters. DS Cassie is my main and she's boring (though I hear YQ is more fun). Scorpion's SR alright, but I wish his Demon Dash and Demon Breath were in a variation, cause that's what I use for towers and it's a blast. Johnny is also fun but I didn't put a lot of time into him so I still suck with FB cancels - which is the fun part.

I also did enjoy V3 Lao for a bit cause his pew pew move was awesome and his combos had tight links to connect. I should probably try more but one I start vibing with a character I don't really wanna play anyone else.
Cassie is one of the most boring characters in this game sadly. Her 3rd varation is kinda cool. I hear showstopper is the tea for johnny. Do you usually pick characters on appearance, favorability or playstyle?

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
  1. Deborah - Buzzed
  2. Jade - Jaded
  3. Sindel - Splitting Hairs
  4. Kabal - The Spins
  5. Jade - Emerald Defender
My main 4 characters play so damn differently which makes the game considerably more interesting and helps fill in matchup gaps. ED only really comes out against Jax, Frost, and Sub-Zero players at this point. I've tried in the past to also play Highborn Kitana, Spring Cleaning Cetrion, Skarlet, Seeing Double Noob, and Hat Trick Lao; but none of them really clicked for me.

Last edited:

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Cassie is one of the most boring characters in this game sadly. Her 3rd varation is kinda cool. I hear showstopper is the tea for johnny. Do you usually pick characters on appearance, favorability or playstyle?
She really is, they did my girl dirty.

I usually go by playstyle, so if they're rushdown then I'm all in. I like bullying and not letting the opponent breathe for one second.

What about you?

This is a lie.

She also plays Cassie. :REO
yes but she's boring lmao

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter

NRS are idiots for not including Scorpion’s demon moves into online. There are the most hyped moves since the announcement.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
NRS are idiots for not including Scorpion’s demon moves into online. There are the most hyped moves since the announcement.
They really are, I wake up shouting WHY NRS WHY every morning because of that. It also has the best brutal. Ugh.

She really is, they did my girl dirty.

I usually go by playstyle, so if they're rushdown then I'm all in. I like bullying and not letting the opponent breathe for one second.

What about you?
Ahh if you like relentless pressure might i suggest Buzzed Dvorah? She has a constant mindgame with her low pokes into ovi rush in addition to her pooping bug. She usually gets 4 turns in a row if you play smart. Theres jacqui too but way less fun.

I usually go for underdogs/undervalued characters but i cant deny a play style with fun setups. I usually dont care for zoning too much either.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Ahh if you like relentless pressure might i suggest Buzzed Dvorah? She has a constant mindgame with her low pokes into ovi rush in addition to her pooping bug. She usually gets 4 turns in a row if you play smart. Theres jacqui too but way less fun.

I usually go for underdogs/undervalued characters but i cant deny a play style with fun setups. I usually dont care for zoning too much either.
Actually @cashthesehands tried to convert me to D'vorah a while back and I just stopped practicing. I definitely loved her crazy pressure and having to get the bugs out and it's just chaos on screen, it's my style for sure. I may really get into it after I properly learn HB.

Zviko

Noob
  1. Kung Lao - Hattricks
  2. Shang Tsung - Soul Eater
  3. Raiden - Thunder Wave
  4. Jade - Jaded
  5. Kitana - Fan Fare
The thing for me is, I get excited for a character (not necessarily a new one, like right now I'd really like to finally try some Scorpion) but it doesn't matter who I play, they all become boring pretty fast except top 2. Although I hate that ninja Shang is what it is and for that reason I don't play it anymore but it's very fun. I'd really like Joker to be as fun as it looks and that it lasts for a long time.

-Showstopper
-Outtake
-Shock Jock
-Fisticuffs
-Stunt Double
Honorable mention because my SKRC's were straight booty....
-A-List

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
Kabal - Mean Streak
Kabal - Clean Cut
Kabal - The Spins
Raiden - Raijin
Geras - Eternal

Although I hate that ninja Shang is what it is and for that reason I don't play it anymore but it's very fun.
[/LIST]
I promise you that if this variation had Soul Steal it would be my main.

Speaking of 4th varations ive been trying to use Kung Laos with Possessed Hat and Hat Possession. The projectile is good but man Hat Possession orbital with no benefits but costs the same. Should probably replace it with buzzsaw