Darkseid
WoWo
Brainiac
Batman
Cheetah
Supergirl
Catwoman
Deadshot

Bro you gotta resist the urge to respond to ppl who say things about characters they don't play or understand lol. Most of these ppl who have her or canary, cheetah,beetle don't even play them. So it's whatever

Edit: Just noticed that guy said he mained SG and he thinks that lmao. She was never borderline top 10 she was easily bottom 10. Lol y'all gotta get off ranked for real
I got to rank 150 with supergirl. I don't think that's terrible and if I had more time who knows. She was never bottom 10. She has the strongest neutral in the game. The only thing holding her back was damage and safety. If she hit just 300 on bnbs and 200 on air to airs(which she'll win) she'll be to ten. We don't know numbers though.

Bro you gotta resist the urge to respond to ppl who say things about characters they don't play or understand lol. Most of these ppl who have her or canary, cheetah,beetle don't even play them. So it's whatever

Edit: Just noticed that guy said he mained SG and he thinks that lmao. She was never borderline top 10 she was easily bottom 10. Lol y'all gotta get off ranked for real
Forgot one thing. B123 is a safe half screen mid low mid string that can be hit confirmed. I mean come on. I always felt BA was her toughest match up(might just be me) but with his toning down and other top tiers, she will be very strong.

Tweedy

Noob
I feel like the Superman upplay is just because people lose on ranked and think "man f23 so dumb omg". If you watch tournament Superman play you'll see how much mileage people get from dash punch. Plus the looming damage nerf that we don't know about. I don't see how he'll be better than Supergirl with no wake up and potentially the same damage.

Not in order...

Superman
Supergirl
Wonder Woman
Darkseid
Batman
Black Adam
Dead shot
Aquaboy
Cheetah
Flash

I wish my scarecrow would make it via indirect buffs, but don't see it happening.

The fact that there is not an established tier list speaks loud how balanced and counterpuck heavy the game is.

Such a beautiful game...

Thingy

Retired account
Same reason people have supergirl and canary in top 10, they don't really understand these characters and kneejerk based on patch notes.
I see nothing but knee jerk reactions in this whole thread. Listing predictions of course is not what I speak of, but the actual reactions to the "prediction lists" here.

The reality is that no knows how the meta with general and balance changes will unfold, so calling out anyones opinion before we even have patch notes is asinine. NRS stated very clearly that the stream was an overview, and not everything would be covered. For all we know people with Canary and Supergirl in their top 10 could turn out to be right. But of course there is a chance they could be dead wrong. No one knows. One patch, regardless of what we see on "paper" or what we know now could change more than a lot of people give it credit for.

Last edited:

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
I got to rank 150 with supergirl. I don't think that's terrible and if I had more time who knows. She was never bottom 10. She has the strongest neutral in the game. The only thing holding her back was damage and safety. If she hit just 300 on bnbs and 200 on air to airs(which she'll win) she'll be to ten. We don't know numbers though.
LMAO. Ranked legit means nothing. Stop basing her off of that. She doesn't have the strongest neutral in the game either especially pre patch. Boy every single button she has is unsafe and has a gap. Even 112. That has a gap. Her teleport is not a reason to propel her either. Her lasers are awesome, but tied to trait. LOTS of ppl don't even know the supergirl matchup which is sad because she was in the beta lol. Float gimmicks, breath going unpunished,air float teleport etc that shit isn't real bud. Superman, Batman(with bats),Aquaman, Black Adam,Catwoman all have better neutral than supergirl bro. You cannot hit confirm b123, b12 yeah, but the 3 is an ender. Supergirl was never good in this game buddy the best players will tell you that. Post patch will she be good? Sure. Top 10? That's a stretch.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
People calling others out for putting a character in a top 10 before we even know the whole patch notes but also discarding said character being in a top 10 and taking it as it's written in stone is pretty weird... I mean, you're sounding just as crazy as the other person.

Let's not forget this is all speculation, any buffed character could easily become top 10 and any nerfed character could easily drop out of the top 10 as far as we all know.

TRG

Grodd God
Someone seriously tried to use online ranked matches as an example of how good a character is... I guess Grodd is top tier since I made top 50 with him on the leaderboards.

Learn something new everyday I guess.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I feel like the Superman upplay is just because people lose on ranked and think "man f23 so dumb omg". If you watch tournament Superman play you'll see how much mileage people get from dash punch. Plus the looming damage nerf that we don't know about. I don't see how he'll be better than Supergirl with no wake up and potentially the same damage.
He still has the divebomb resets, one of the best neutral tools in the game, great pressure, decent zoning, an armor breaking and damaging trait, etc. His wakeup being bad is par for the course for a lot of top tiers. I highly doubt you'll see Theo or anyone else dropping him.

Supergirl on the other hand is hella overrated. Yes, she is viable and a solid high mid tier character now. But she isn't even close to top 5 and probably isn't even top 10 imo.

I see nothing but knee jerk reactions in this whole thread. Listing predictions of course is not what I speak of, but the actual reactions to the "prediction lists" here.

The reality is that no knows how the meta with general and balance changes will unfold, so calling out anyones opinion before we even have patch notes is asinine. NRS stated very clearly that the stream was an overview, and not everything would be covered. For all we know people with Canary and Supergirl in their top 10 could turn out to be right. But of course there is a chance they could be dead wrong. No one knows. One patch, regardless of what we see on "paper" or what we know now could change more than a lot of people give it credit for.
They didn't give specific numbers but they were still pretty clear on whether something would be safe, plus, or minus. People can make predictions all they want, and I can say I disagree and think they don't really understand the characters. I play Atro and anyone that thanks he won't be top 10 doesn't understand how all the changes are actually going to affect him or the plenty of viable alternatives he has for the combos he's going to lose.

Last edited:
LMAO. Ranked legit means nothing. Stop basing her off of that. She doesn't have the strongest neutral in the game either especially pre patch. Boy every single button she has is unsafe and has a gap. Even 112. That has a gap. Her teleport is not a reason to propel her either. Her lasers are awesome, but tied to trait. LOTS of ppl don't even know the supergirl matchup which is sad because she was in the beta lol. Float gimmicks, breath going unpunished,air float teleport etc that shit isn't real bud. Superman, Batman(with bats),Aquaman, Black Adam,Catwoman all have better neutral than supergirl bro. You cannot hit confirm b123, b12 yeah, but the 3 is an ender. Supergirl was never good in this game buddy the best players will tell you that. Post patch will she be good? Sure. Top 10? That's a stretch.
You said "yall gotta get off ranked for real." She will have a safe button, that's half the reason I'm arguing this and yes, dude, I know you can't hit confirm b123. Super girl destroys superman's neutral, i don't see how you could argue otherwise. Aquaman is still tough because of his invicincible wake up, but also toned down. Batman can't punish everything you do know, if you know how to hit confirm. I acknowledged BA as a tough match up, and I agree his neutral is on par. Catwoman gets replaced by supergirl if the statistics of the patch are in her favor.

To say supergirl was never good is more of a stretch than saying she'll be top ten.

Lol and our conversation ends here.
Is this how people discuss on tym or are you in a really good mood, because I don't see what's funny. He can't shoot lasers, she outspaces him with a now safe half screen string that can be hit confirmed, her d2 kills a lot of pressure(its panic button worthy), and she has a much better wake up.

Tweedy has a similar post in here and you were referring to "top players." Now that is funny lol

Also i didn't mention any gimmick or "tele and lazers lul." At this point this thread is basically a sg downplay thread. Back 123 is a SAFE, half screen, mid low mid that can be hit confirmed. Name one character in a fighting game that has a string like that. I'm not saying she's broken or anything, i think she's balanced by damage and low meter build with lasers, but one of those is about to change, I'm done explaining too. Gl with everything.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
To say supergirl was never good is more of a stretch than saying she'll be top ten.
https://mobile.twitter.com/SonicFox5000/status/889735163344814080

https://mobile.twitter.com/SonicFox5000/status/889736101065367554

Just one of many top of the top players commenting on how bad they feel Supergirl is, other top players such as F0xy and Scar have said the same. These players actually at one point "mained" Supergirl and have all said something along the lines of what Sonic said, that she's "trash". The only players I ever see saying she's good or decent are people who have never actually mained her, and/or don't know the matchup. Obviously there's some exceptions.

Now I personally don't believe she's trash. I felt she needed pretty much what she got in the upcoming balance patch. She's gonna be just fine.

Also she could possibly end up in the top 10. But I doubt it. As I've said before people are overreacting to basically every change that's coming. The top 10 could not even change, but they will no longer be as far away from the rest of the cast.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SonicFox5000/status/889735163344814080

https://mobile.twitter.com/SonicFox5000/status/889736101065367554

Just one of many top of the top players commenting on how bad they feel Supergirl is, other top players such as F0xy and Scar have said the same. These players actually at one point "mained" Supergirl and have all said something along the lines of what Sonic said, that she's "trash". The only players I ever see saying she's good or decent are people who have never actually mained her, and/or don't know the matchup. Obviously there's some exceptions.

Now I personally don't believe she's trash. I felt she needed pretty much what she got in the upcoming balance patch. She's gonna be just fine.

Also she could possibly end up in the top 10. But I doubt it. As I've said before people are overreacting to basically every change that's coming. The top 10 could not even change, but they will no longer be as far away from the rest of the cast.
Just wanted to thank you for actually discussing it, but I was never arguing that she'll be broken or anything like that. She was my first try hard character and dropped her because of the damage personally. She needed the buff. Putting the safe option as b123 is a little more than a fix or buff in me eyes. It is fucking strong, at least on paper. As far as pre patch goes, scar dropping her for superman was a nail in the coffin for me dropping her, however i still think she is strong mainly due to tools, which I find advantageous, but under performing due to damage. I also think beta spoiled ppl on her, but to the future! Overall i think this game will be extremely balanced after patch and hoping so!

Sulfur

Winning feels better when you take a little damage
So she's going to go from not even in the top 10 to the best character in the game? I cannot understand this logic. She got a safe string, 2 is a mid, and reduced damage scaling. How is that going to propel her to top 1?

People will claim I'm downplaying like always but how can she possibly move ahead of Bladam, Batman, Catwoman, Darkseid, Deadshot, GL, Harley, etc etc? Like yes I get some of her big weaknesses have been buffed but these top characters didn't get super nerfed or didn't change at all. She's certainly a contender for top 10 but for the #1 spot??? That makes zero sense to me.
Supergirl's only weakness is her low damage, with a damage buff she could easily become the best character in the game, how you think she's not in the top 10 right now blows my mind.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Supergirl's only weakness is her low damage, with a damage buff she could easily become the best character in the game, how you think she's not in the top 10 right now blows my mind.
Nearly every top player doesn't think she's in the top 10 right now. In fact I don't know anyone who think she's a top 10 character. If you think her only weakness is low damage you're wrong.

Sulfur

Winning feels better when you take a little damage
Nearly every top player doesn't think she's in the top 10 right now. In fact I don't know anyone who think she's a top 10 character. If you think her only weakness is low damage you're wrong.
I'm not one to argue, I'm one to discuss.
How is she not in the top 10?

Top 10 predictions based on information we have so far:

1. Darkseid literally was not touched still has good damage. Great zoning,trait traps,teleport to escape or go in pressure don't downplay people he went up no question about it.

2. RedHood literally only nerf he got was his forward lunge invincibility. Sonicfox showed everyone that he is no joke. Great mobility,good zoning,crazy corner pressure,decent damage,and good escape options yeah he is good stop acting like he ain't those bombs don't play.

3. Harley another great character who went up from the patch with all the nerfs to top. Great zoning,good trait,great mixups,high damage literally untouched character that is going to show up more just wait and see...

4. BlackAdam only two things got touched on him damage and black magic needs meter burn now to get combos off. Still everything that makes him great is still there just has to work harder for his wins and be smarter about meter management now.

5. Supergirl (YOU ALL NEED TO STOP DOWNPLAYING THE BITCH SHE GOT WHAT SHE NEEDED TO PUT IN WORK NOW) Nasty mixups,decent zoning,air dash,teleport might not be great but still has it as a option,good corner game,safe advancing string now, and very ambiguous f3. Yeah wake up people the nerfs to high tiers then her buffs add up she is going to be legit now.

6. Poison Ivy she was alreadly top 10 she got buffed while the other got the nerfs. Good trait,good zoning,good mixups,better aa now,decent combo range,armor chipping move, and multi hitting attacks. Don't sleep on Ivy she is going to show herself now.

7. Black Canary meet the possible catwoman still has some issues with getting in but with the new buffs/nerfs and the damage she does with nasty mixups she is going to show up more. Don't ignore what she can do up close it's too good to ignore don't downplay her.

8. Dr.Fate with the new buffs to him the nerfs to tops including Deadshot I think it's safe to say he will be the new Deadshot now. Ignoring him will be a mistake on anyone's part who didn't see his potential.

9. Cheetah she was good but not top good with the nerfs plus buffs with her I think it's safe to say she is a good choice now. Has no problem getting in,high damage,mixups,good command grabs,high mobility,and hard to get off you once she is in.

10. Is up for grabs too many buffs and nerfs to see who will grab this spot people still believe Batman,Catwoman,Superman,Atrocitous,Deadshot,and Aquaman will still make their selfs known. The nerfs to them were real tho people need to stop downplaying the buffs given cause they really changed people's spots those characters weren't represented alot so many assume the list will stay the same but I believe in time people will sing a different tune. Stop saying Catwoman and Batman are still dumb top 5 cause their not they got knocked hard especially Catwoman losing a wakeup and armor on catdash to get in safe plus damage scaling lol she is done . Literally GL,Scarecrow,WW,Braniac,Atrocitus,Superman,Deadshot ,and Aquaman remain to be seen if they can still make the tops I put my money on the others hand down.