What's new

Top 10 after the patch predictions

danny4mayor

Bonehawk
Lmao wth is everybody putting supergirl as the top top tier? Yeah she got some needed buffs but she wont be god tier. She still has the gap in b12 frost breath, unsafe crossups and overheads, and mediocre oki. Dont know why everybody is hopping on this supergirl train lol

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Lmao wth is everybody putting supergirl as the top top tier? Yeah she got some needed buffs but she wont be god tier. She still has the gap in b12 frost breath, unsafe crossups and overheads, and mediocre oki. Dont know why everybody is hopping on this supergirl train lol
A lot of people already thought she was either just barely in the top 10 or just outside. People are severely overestimating her buffs while overestimating the nerfs from the top tiers, and also seemingly not even taking the non changes from already good characters into consideration. These SG buffs are unlikely to make her better than characters that got unchanged such as GL, Harley, Darkseid, Scarecrow, etc. And certainly not better than characters that got normalized wrist slaps like Bladam, Batman, Catwoman, etc.

Honestly there's not going to be huge tier shifting like what happens in previous NRS balance patches. There are a few that might jump up a lot like Canary and Brainiac or drop like Aquaman, but in general it's just gonna shrink the gap between all the characters.

Sulfur

Winning feels better when you take a little damage
Supergirl will easily become the new best character in the game, i honestly dont think she needed the damage buff and I main her.

I'll take it though.

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
It's way too much overlooking & politicing in this discussion lol. Imo Supergirl will not be a top 5 character. Buffs are good, but people are putting way too much emphasis on them & not seeing the others. She might contend for a top 10 or 15 spot, but not top 5. I barely see anyone mentioning characters who weren't touched.

Harley, Green Lantern, Green Arrow, Black Canary, Scarecrow. & maybe Firestorm & Wonder Woman may move up. Supergirl will too, but it's not like people are leading on.

Superman, Batman, Black Adam, Darkseid, Deadshot, & Catwoman will remain in those spots. Don't think Red Hood's nerfs were that bad, either. Not enough to rule him out of a top 15 spot. Atrocitous I'm honestly unsure about.

Last edited:

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
But will she really need to commit to B12~breath now? And even then, B123 being safe is extremely good, now she has a safe option to blow up people trying to poke out of B12~breath without havint to take a huge risk. Safety and damage is all she lacked... i definitely see a strong contender but we will have to wait and see ;)

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
It's not in order, but here's how I would put it

Superman
Batman
Darkseid
Deadshot
Green Lantern
Green Arrow
Harley Quinn
Scarecrow
Black Canary
Catwoman/Wonder Woman/Red Hood

Those who contend: Firestorm, Robin, Supergirl, Flash, Cheetah

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Darkseid, Batman, Brainiac, Superman are my immediate suspects for top tier characters after the patch. Ivy, Canary, Superman, Scarecrow will all still be up there. Two spots left over gets a bit more ppl on the same level, probably going to be Aquaman and Firestorm. imo

Supergirl is now really viable, especially if they overbuffed the damage, but making her whiff punisher safe is not gonna change her from top20 to top1 for sure.

Based on what we know my bet on the top tier is this:

Black Adam (with the meta shift who knows, but he 1st place is a solid bet)
Catwoman (now she's not broken, but a lot of tools are still there)
Batman (he's doing good everywhere, and his bad match ups got nerfed)
Superman (still very solid, not sure how no ultra dash punch will impact him)
Darkseid (depends on the meta, might be overestimating)
Harley (her only unplayable enemy was Aquaman... she will be in a pretty good spot)

The rest of the cast is pretty balanced except some guys with huge flaws like Joker (who's still playable but still... maining him would be madness in any tournament).

Anyway, some will obviously do better overall and have better mu, my bet for upper mid tier (a tier? a+?):

Scarecrow (was good before... his bad matchups nerfed... profit?)
Supergirl (still has her obvious weakness, but as time passes veterans are learning new stuff, keep an eye on good Supergirls in the next weeks)
Wonder Woman (idk, imho she's strong and very underestimated)
Deadshot (still very good, but if b1 is a lot slower it will be an huge loss imho with f1 being already slower)

With Flash, Green Lantern, Cheetah, Green Arrow, Brainiac, Atrocitus, Aquaman, Black Canary, etc being close.
I don't think this is an accurate prediction cause we got to discover a lot of stuff in the ''mid'' tiers, game is still fresh, but more or less will look like this. Also i'm thinking about reasonable damage changes, feel free to put SG top tier if her combos will do >400. And Superman mid tier if his damage will be lower than it should be.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
Darkseid is the only one of the broken characters who got no nerfs so he will be the best character in the game free. Batman and Adam will probably round out the top 3.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I think Supergirl will either be close or in. b123 being safe is good, though I think its actual impact beyond a low risk low reward footsies option isn't gonna be as much as the damage changes and top tier nerfs overall. I predict upper mid to mid top 10 range.

WoWo looking like a top 10 lock. Already a pretty good character, only getting better.

I won't be surprised if Aquaman stays within top 10 talks lol. His nerfs are huge, but I think the character has a design that's too good to keep him from being relevant.

I don't see Batman, Black Adam, Catwoman, or Atrocitus dropping out of top 10.

Green Arrow is unchanged. I think he's a lock for top 10.

Deadshot losing a 6f normal is going to pull a number of matchups against him, though I think he'll be at the edge of top 10 at worst.

All obviously speculation, and we won't see until the patch actually hits. But I'm excited.

JDM

Noob
rough guesses:

Superman
Canary
Catwoman
Harley
Darkseid
Adam
GL
Aquaman
Batman
Red Hood

I'd rather wait for the full notes but eh I guess it will be fun to look back on.