What's new

Guide - Bo' Rai Cho "TOO MUCH RICE WINE!" Bo'Rai Cho guide

honeybooboo

I speak truth, no lie
A bit situational, but if you have your drink on and you manage to get a free ji1/2 you can cancel into sexy pose. Havent seen anybody post anything about it
Also is anybody ending combos with b1,2 fart in the corner? Your opponent has to take the last frames of fart if he doesnt delay wake up

Last edited:

Darumm

Noob
A bit situational, but if you have your drink on and you manage to get a free ji1/2 you can cancel into sexy pose. Havent seen anybody post anything about it
Also is anybody ending combos with b1,2 fart in the corner? Your opponent has to take the last frames of fart if he doesnt delay wake up
I'm labbing ending with B233xxExDB4 in the corner, you can follow up with F3, B3 (and obviously faster attacks) or Throw and you will beat any armored wake up, the oponnent's only options are blocking correctly, teching the throw or tech roll into armored wakeup.
I'm still testing this but so far I tested against Scorpion's Takeout and Flameport, Sub Zero's Icy Slide and Frost Bomb, Kung Lao's Ex Spin and some other characters wakeups that I don't remember now.
The setup can also loop into itself.
Then again, further testing is required, I'm recording videos of this to upload when I'm done.

If you have any ideas to try or any reason why this wouldn't work you're welcome, this is the first time I'm labbing this kind of stuff so I'm not completely sure of what I'm doing.

TotallyNotKotalKahn

Low Tier Addict
So DB2 is essentially just to cash out on damage, meaning I give up my turn while DB3 sacrifices some damage for oki with fart, ground fire, stomp etc right?

Can you make DB3 connect in the corner?
Yes but you have to get the height of the enemy right. Also if you land db3 on an airborne opponent they have a hard knockdown and you are at major advantage. Safe fire puddle into setup advantage.

On top of that remember that db2 restands/captures the opponent, this is especially useful in corner firepuddle setups. Exdb2 will restand the opponent, do a fair bit of damage on its own, and almost always run the rest of fire puddle out, maximizing the damage of that setup.

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
Just thought i would hop in here and say thanks for the Bo giude ive been looking it over off and on for the past day or so (also been checking out youtube vids etc) .

Im actually looking to get into Bo as a possible main though not sure yet (i currently main Jacqui atm) but Bo looks to much fun.

I was wondering do i need to know run cancelling or anything of that nature to be solid with the character/variations? Cause DB looks fun to attempt to play but yea mid screen its a no go.

And is playing is canceling a huge factor you need to know to play his DM variation? Is Bo a difficult character to play or?

myri

Time Warrior
Just thought i would hop in here and say thanks for the Bo giude ive been looking it over off and on for the past day or so (also been checking out youtube vids etc) .

Im actually looking to get into Bo as a possible main though not sure yet (i currently main Jacqui atm) but Bo looks to much fun.

I was wondering do i need to know run cancelling or anything of that nature to be solid with the character/variations? Cause DB looks fun to attempt to play but yea mid screen its a no go.

And is playing is canceling a huge factor you need to know to play his DM variation? Is Bo a difficult character to play or?
Run cancels are needed for his midscreen game for sure. I've been putting time into Dragon Breath and it's pretty straight foward at a base level but you'll want to look at reo's thread about corner vortex and meaty fart cloud setups to get the most out of it. It's definitely a fun variation though.

BanTheTesters

Run cancels are needed for his midscreen game for sure. I've been putting time into Dragon Breath and it's pretty straight foward at a base level but you'll want to look at reo's thread about corner vortex and meaty fart cloud setups to get the most out of it. It's definitely a fun variation though.
Is there any variation of his that i dont need run cancels to use or basically all of them so to speak?

myri

Time Warrior
Is there any variation of his that i dont need run cancels to use or basically all of them so to speak?
Definitely in DB and DM, unsure about Bartitsu personally but I think it's a safe bet he needs them there too. Can't you do run cancels? I would suggest learning them, seriously helpful for many characters.

BanTheTesters

Definitely in DB and DM, unsure about Bartitsu personally but I think it's a safe bet he needs them there too. Can't you do run cancels? I would suggest learning them, seriously helpful for many characters.
Im terrible with them from the little time i tried but ill have to lab it up and see how it goes for a bit. Never had to actually try/learn them before recently. Bartitsu did look fun but DB and DM look way more fun to play.

Edit: Yea im also just not a huge fan of having to do run canceling so that also might be why..

Last edited:

myri

Time Warrior
Im terrible with them from the little time i tried but ill have to lab it up and see how it goes for a bit. Never had to actually try/learn them before recently. Bartitsu did look fun but DB and DM look way more fun to play.

Edit: Yea im also just not a huge fan of having to do run canceling so that also might be why..
It is tough to learn but well worth it. Once you have it down you can apply run cancels to all characters in the game pretty much, but it's up to you.

myri

Time Warrior
Quick question, Whats the hit advantage of puke and are you free to do a mixup afterwards?
If you mean level 3 drink bf2 in DM, frame data says hit adv is 5 but it knocks the person down and away from you. Seems like you can get a mixup on them though.

Last edited: