What's new

Guide - Bo' Rai Cho "TOO MUCH RICE WINE!" Bo'Rai Cho guide

Percimon

Sky above, Voice within
Try testing it a little more dude, I'm not very good in general so I find the run cancel hard because it's tiny. Sometimes you barely if not don't notice him run at all. But if you don't do the run cancel the first hit of b233 connects but the rest doesn't (on male or female for me). But if you do a small, short ,fast, run cancel it all connects on anybody.
record video how you do this combo on Mileena, I want to see it

honeybooboo

I speak truth, no lie
So i was watching a youtuber by the name gaming pasha im sure some you guys heard of him. He played DM recently and his strategy was to simply ji2 after a fart and reset the combo with a f3/B3 starter into fart again. By no means was his play high level but i think this is a viable strategy. The only catch is to actually land a fart. I think this, mixed with crop duster set ups in the corner for armor breaking seems like the way DM was meant to be played. Opinions?

Percimon

Sky above, Voice within
So i was watching a youtuber by the name gaming pasha im sure some you guys heard of him. He played DM recently and his strategy was to simply ji2 after a fart and reset the combo with a f3/B3 starter into fart again. By no means was his play high level but i think this is a viable strategy. The only catch is to actually land a fart. I think this, mixed with crop duster set ups in the corner for armor breaking seems like the way DM was meant to be played. Opinions?
Well, sometimes I do smth like that: combo into db4 -> raw ex-db4 -> ji+1 -> f3(1+3)->dd1->jump in+2->another combo
But it's not the only way how DM should be played =)

myri

Time Warrior
So I've been playing a lot of Dragon Breath Bo cause I want to pick him up as my secondary and I really like the corner damage and mixups he gets and the safety from DB1 in DB but like you say he is pretty weak midscreen. Basically I was wondering if you think drunken master is relatively easy to learn so I can have a stronger midscreen game when I need to. I've avoided it so far because I figure managing the drink is pretty difficult.

Also your opinions on bartitsu.

Last edited:

freerf245

11 11 11 11
So I've been playing a lot of Dragon Breath Bo cause I want to pick him up as my secondary and I really like the corner damage and mixups he gets and the safety from DB1 in DB but like you say he is pretty weak midscreen. Basically I was wondering if you think drunken master is relatively easy to learn so I can have a stronger midscreen game when I need to. I've avoided it so far because I figure managing the drink is pretty difficult.

Also your opinions on bartitsu.
In my opinion, Bartitsu is the best midscreen and the easiest to learn. The extra range makes him contest in the neutral a little more then the other two variations. Drunken Master is somewhere inbetween with a good corner game and a good midscreen game. In terms of simplicity, I'd say DM is one of the most complex variations in the game, so no it isn't easy to pick up, but definitely worth it simply for just how fun it is and I encourage you to do so. But I still believe that Bartitsu is the best midscreen.

myri

Time Warrior
In my opinion, Bartitsu is the best midscreen and the easiest to learn. The extra range makes him contest in the neutral a little more then the other two variations. Drunken Master is somewhere inbetween with a good corner game and a good midscreen game. In terms of simplicity, I'd say DM is one of the most complex variations in the game, so no it isn't easy to pick up, but definitely worth it simply for just how fun it is and I encourage you to do so. But I still believe that Bartitsu is the best midscreen.
Well ideally I'd like to learn all three of variations eventually since they all seem pretty fun/good for different reasons. I definitely like the increased range of bartitsu because of how Bo struggles in the neutral and drunken master just seems to have so much adaptability. I guess what I'm really asking is, should I stick with dragon breath for now until I feel really comfortable with it and then go to bartitsu or drunken simply because I am struggling with his midscreen game/neutral.

Last edited:

freerf245

11 11 11 11
Well ideally I'd like to learn all three of variations eventually since they all seem pretty fun//good for different reasons. I definitely like the increased range of bartitsu because of how Bo struggles in the neutral and drunken master just seems to have so much adaptability. I guess what I'm really asking is, should I stick with dragon breath for now until I feel really comfortable with it and then go to bartitsu or drunken simply because I am struggling with his midscreen game/neutral.
I think thats up to you. DB does have worst midscreen game, but is it such a struggle that you feel you HAVE to learn a whole other variation? If so, do it. But if you think you can put up with it, then master the variation first.

myri

Time Warrior
I think thats up to you. DB does have worst midscreen game, but is it such a struggle that you feel you HAVE to learn a whole other variation? If so, do it. But if you think you can put up with it, then master the variation first.
Mmm I suppose you're right. I've only been playing with him for a few days so I guess it's still early.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
Well ideally I'd like to learn all three of variations eventually since they all seem pretty fun//good for different reasons. I definitely like the increased range of bartitsu because of how Bo struggles in the neutral and drunken master just seems to have so much adaptability. I guess what I'm really asking is, should I stick with dragon breath for now until I feel really comfortable with it and then go to bartitsu or drunken simply because I am struggling with his midscreen game/neutral.
Look at it this way;

Dragon's Breath has the fewest midscreen options out of all 3 variations, but easily has the best corner set play and risk/reward ratio. If you can work someone to the corner in this variation you have the biggest chance of winning out of all 3 variations IMO.

Drunken Master will give you an easier time approaching zoners and one or two more tools in footsies, but you sacrifice time to set up oki and damage on drinking as well as taking a huge risk in the vomiting mechanic. Meditate stance gives you a meterless launcher too so you will probably get the highest midscreen damage here provided you are drunk.

Bartitsu will give you the normals needed to earn respect in the neutral but requires meter to be really damaging. You also lose out on the drunken punches (f1) from the other 2 variations which is kind of a bummer.

myri

Time Warrior
Look at it this way;

Dragon's Breath has the fewest midscreen options out of all 3 variations, but easily has the best corner set play and risk/reward ratio. If you can work someone to the corner in this variation you have the biggest chance of winning out of all 3 variations IMO.

Drunken Master will give you an easier time approaching zoners and one or two more tools in footsies, but you sacrifice time to set up oki and damage on drinking as well as taking a huge risk in the vomiting mechanic. Meditate stance gives you a meterless launcher too so you will probably get the highest midscreen damage here provided you are drunk.

Bartitsu will give you the normals needed to earn respect in the neutral but requires meter to be really damaging. You also lose out on the drunken punches (f1) from the other 2 variations which is kind of a bummer.
Good explanation, I like it.

I'm probably going to experiment with bartitsu and DM when I can and see what grabs me.

TamedLizard

Buff George
Just adding to this a bit -

Meter requirements aren't THAT bad. You get great damage for a bar (37-43% IIRC depending on if you go for the restand or not), and building meter isn't too hard through clever use of DB1.

B234 is a great undervalued string too and imo, benefits Bart the most. -11 on block with great pushback. Spectral's 9f Soul Charge can't punish. String has good damage, but you don't really ever want them to get hit by it. It leaves them at that sweet cane spot on block where it's easier for Bart to capitalize on the range of his cane.

Lastly, great stuff @Percimon! :)

Last edited:

myri

Time Warrior
So another question, I was just messing around in practice and I wondering what do you do for Bo's oki game. Since I've been playing DB I've been ending my combos in DB2 which seems to have insane recovery so I don't know how I can guarantee oki pressure. It feels like I have to block to respect a wakeup or use f1 to blow up armour which takes away from Bo's mixups which seems to be the whole point of his DB variation. With Kung Lao I end with 21 which always gives me enough time to run up and do 11212 which guarantees SOMETHING when you time it right, even if it is just chip. But the recovery on DB2 is so long that I barely have time to input something before the opponent can wakeup, so either I wait to block a wakeup and then I lose my turn because of Bo's slow startups or I go for a mixup on the wakeup and get blown up by a wakeup.

Maybe I'm just dumb, feel free to correct me on anything I got wrong haha.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
So another question, I was just messing around in practice and I wondering what do you do for Bo's oki game. Since I've been playing DB I've been ending my combos in DB2 which seems to have insane recovery so I don't know how I can guarantee oki pressure. It feels like I have to block to respect a wakeup or use f1 to blow up armour which takes away from Bo's mixups which seems to be the whole point of his DB variation. With Kung Lao I end with 21 which always gives me enough time to run up and do 11212 which guarantees SOMETHING when you time it right, even if it is just chip. But the recovery on DB2 is so long that I barely have time to input something before the opponent can wakeup, so either I wait to block a wakeup and then I lose my turn because of Bo's slow startups or I go for a mixup on the wakeup and get blown up by a wakeup.

Maybe I'm just dumb, feel free to correct me on anything I got wrong haha.
Almost always end your combos in db3 especially in DB. It does good damage, has good corner carry, and leaves you at major advantage for setups for you oki. It's a good time to drink in DM, and in DB it GUARANTEES a ground fire setup, which is fantastic for chip in the corner. I only go with db2 for damage.

TamedLizard

Buff George
Try ending in DB3 instead. I try to save DB2 for if I'm going straight for damage. And if you're using DB, DB1 and the occasional DF2 should be your enders for blocked strings.

You can also get an unscaled (sorry Tremor) 11% OTG with EX DD4 after a DB3 ender. There's also enough time to get out an oki fart. Even if you space out a bit and whiff, it's still free meter building.

I'd suggest taking a look at Reo's DB tech/vortex thread. Great tech there, including his corner oki and set play. I really really love the +30 off a njk ender into fart oki. Bo can literally do anything with that.

myri

Time Warrior
So DB2 is essentially just to cash out on damage, meaning I give up my turn while DB3 sacrifices some damage for oki with fart, ground fire, stomp etc right?

Can you make DB3 connect in the corner?

freerf245

11 11 11 11
So DB2 is essentially just to cash out on damage, meaning I give up my turn while DB3 sacrifices some damage for oki with fart, ground fire, stomp etc right?

Can you make DB3 connect in the corner?
I thought it did. Does it not?

TamedLizard

Buff George
2nd hit was whiffing for me but I didn't try it for long. I cancel into it from f1 in my combos. I'll try it again tomorrow.
I've never ironed it out tbh lol but I do know that the longer they're juggled increases the chance of the second hit whiffing.

Something I should personally focus on tbh. Figuring out decent corner BnBs with DB3.

Percimon

Sky above, Voice within
Double explosion combo for DB:
Inputs:
21, 3, db4, df1, b233, ex-db4, step back, d2, 3, ex-db4, f1 (full), db2 - 49%

Jump in + butt combos for DM and DB:

myri

Time Warrior
So I've been trying the meaty fart setup but I can only get b1 to jail after a blocked fart, b3 and f3 are being reversed what am I doing wrong?

I think my execution is just crap, timing seems really tight.

edit: getting it now, just gotta practice it. I discovered that I can just end my combo in a fart and it will whiff (heh) but it stays long enough for oki, so I can just do my combo, end with fart and then go for my low or oh with the fart with its active frames and either jail safely with db1 if they guess correctly or get a combo through the armour breaking which I can lead into another whiffed fart at the end of my combo.

edit 2: doesn't work if the enemy tech rolls so yeah just do Reo's vortex to cover everything, just seems like you sacrifice a lot of damage that way.

Last edited:

honeybooboo

I speak truth, no lie
Something i found with dm. If timed correctly f1xxexdf1 breaks reptiles slide and laos spin . so im assuming it breaks all armor. Also f1 breaks some of the slower wakeups by itself