What's new

Video/Tutorial Tom Brady's Grundy set up

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
How about d2xxTraitGrab?
It's hard/impossible to hit confirm, but doesn't really matter if the opponent blocks the d2 or not because he is going to get grabbed anyway.

I started using this today, and at the moment it's doing really well

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
How about d2xxTraitGrab?
It's hard/impossible to hit confirm, but doesn't really matter if the opponent blocks the d2 or not because he is going to get grabbed anyway.

I started using this today, and at the moment it's doing really well
yep
and d1 trait grab is also impossible to react to.

Then when they start trying to move... d1,3 into WC.
Good shit sir. Now if I can get you to stop worrying about the throw immune moves :)

so....after reading the forums in the grundy section i decided to put my two cents since im seeing a lot of complaints on regarding grundy's playstyle. i am familiar with this site for quite awhile and have been in the fgc for about 5yrs now . lets get back to what i wanted to say about the cleaver into walking corpse setup..

apparently AI controls in training mode isn't 100% reliable; there's already a video showing some weird stuff on training mode regarding the AI.

this tom brady video that has been posted by OP is NOT guaranteed! JUST TO BE CLEAR, i am not saying that tom brady gave false info on purpose (this does work but ONLY in AI settings (very important since you want to play against actual players)) my assumption is that he wasn't aware of the ai setting problems at the time he posted video demonstration.

..while putting the AI settings to jump back or any jump direction, it comes out as a DELAY after the AI has tech roll (stupid ai settings, so the walking corpse set up CAN actually be jumped out only if you have tech rolled after being HIT by cleaver spin (tested from mid screen), meaning that if you as a human are controlling your actions after the tech roll you can actually jump out from being grabbed by walking corpse.

if you don't believe me, try it. go to training mode pick grundy as the AI, record the set up. and pick any character to tech roll as and jump and you will see it doesn't work.

tl;dr clever spin into instant walking corpse if tech rolled IS NOT Guaranteed