What's new

Video/Tutorial Tom Brady's Grundy set up

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
thanks for the videos Tom Brady
the throw immune frames things explain a lot, i was starting to think the moved was bugged,thanks for clearing that up.
1 question though, in part 1 you say not to use a MB cleaver because u dont want to lose half your life, MB is safe/adv on block, how would grudy be punished?

Man this is really good. I'm trying it in practice mode right now and if timed well Sinestro can't even backdash after tech roll.

You can d1 before Cleaver hits but that option would lose to Walking Corpse. Sinestro's best best is really to MB b3.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
The throw doesn't have armor...thats why he gets hit out of it. Its only the walk that has it. If your too early and the throw gets hit with an attack, its your own fault.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Video 1 @ 10:10 - Killer Frost can use sweep to lower her hitbox to avoid Walking Corpse... however it is so slow and hard to time that it is not worth it.

ll Nooby ll

To Live is to Die
What is yomi?
To extend on granpa. Its your ability as a player to read what your opponents going to do in a certain situation, and counter it accordingly. Yomi can go up in levels as well, like if you think that your opponents thinks you are going to do a counter to his certain counter-setup, then you need to counter his counter with another counter of your own.

Darth Mao

Your Tech is Mine! #buffRaiden
This shit is broken and need to be revised, it's serious.

Tonight I played with a friend who mains Grundy and this setup is very strong, with 4 bars you can get 76% for free and unclashable. And, during the setup, you can build another meter to do the setup again, increasing the total damage to 95%. I still haven't tested it thoroughly, but the only character I main and managed to find something to get out of it was Flash with a, restricted and precisely well time, db1.

This setup need to be revised, i don't think that it's proper or correct that a minimal amount of characters can be able to leave while others take 95% damage without being able to do absolutely nothing but watch.

Darth Mao

I don't main Grundy and learned to do it in 10 minutes. My friend who mains Grundy, in 2 fights.

This is far from being difficult to learn and use, and light years away to be easy to break. If your character doesn't have a special move that has invincibility frames at the beginning you can't evade and swallows 95% for free.

Very fair...

Gruff757

The Gruff
I don't main Grundy and learned to do it in 10 minutes. My friend who mains Grundy, in 2 fights.

This is far from being difficult to learn and use, and light years away to be easy to break. If your character doesn't have a special move that has invincibility frames at the beginning you can't evade and swallows 95% for free.

Very fair...
no one said it was hard to do

like i said...... dont let grundy touch you.

plenty of characters that can prevent it from happening just not all of them can get out of it.

I gots no sympathy for a green lantern/hawkgirl/etc. who gets caught in it in the first place... :coffee:

Darth Mao

Right. It is much easier to encourage force someone to switch to a character who may not want to use than to give tools to all the characters have some chance to get away with this kind of setup.

It makes the game to be well balanced :coffee:

Gruff757

The Gruff
Right. It is much easier to encourage force someone to switch to a character who may not want to use than to give tools to all the characters have some chance to get away with this kind of setup.

It makes the game to be well balanced :coffee:
yes because its not like you should pick up characters that cover your character's weaknesses.... :coffee:

Darth Mao

Quite right, better to choose another character than review it. Coming from someone who mains Grundy it doesn't surprise me, more than normal people having fear of losing something.

Grundy is very good and no need a setup of 95%, as Kabal not need block infinite for example. Although it's difficult, his weaknesses have solutions and he doesn't suffer to cover a setup of 95% in their bad matchups.