What's new

Tom Brady's and REO's Early Injustice: GAU Tier List

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Deathstroke does free 37 percent damage with no meter. Low damage???
37% of damage is after a jump in attack or b+3.

I am not complaining, but the fact is that the damage after b+1,u+2 (low 30s) and b+2 xx MB d,b+3 (low 20s) is low in comparison to other top tier characters.

Also, who are these fools asking for Deathstroke nerfs? Get out of here.

Red Son

Noob
m2dave said:
By the way, CD Jr. also has a top 5 tier list.

Aquaman, Cyborg, Doomsday, Green Lanter, Superman.

He thinks Black Adam is overrated and unsafe (how so is beyond me).
I'm sry Brady and REO, but I think CD Jr's top 5 makes more sense.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Because everything in the universe keeps this character out, and characters whose offensive options are supposed to be backdashed but can't be by him give him problems.

Character has ass mobility.
Ohh lawdie laws. I know his mobility issues but I think he still belongs with the S tier chars opposed to the A+ just looking at the chars which are in there.

Kibaris

Noob
In my opinion, zoners in this game are stronger because there is no BLOCK button and because of that you cannot cancel dash your way in and also the dash recovers slower than in MK9... Imagine if you had to fight a Kabal or a Kenshi in Injustice.... :eek: Deathstroke's, Cyborg's and some other heavy zoners' position is well justified in this Tier List.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Guess you havent seen pig or nyc fabs lex luthor? Plus shazam can give doomsday a run for his money granted that he doesnt get cornered.. Doomsday himself isnt that huge of a threat when you punish correctly and push block correctly..

Alots of the characters are unexplored and it shows when people mindfucked by x character

Sent from my SCH-R920 using Tapatalk 2
I've definitely seen Pig's Lex so I can speak on that. Ask him how balanced he thinks this game is.

Back on topic, can you safely say you feel Lex and Joker are literally one letter and a plus sign away from the likes of Green Lantern and Nightwing??? That doesn't just sound and feel wrong to you? IMO the gap is clearly larger than that.

I'll give you that some of the "lower tiers" are less explored, but that's actually due to them having obvious less tools than other members of the cast. For some of the top players to say, "almost everyone is tournament viable" I see the same guys who say this maining up the Aquaman's, Superman's, and Batman's while continuing to make the statement. This doesn't seem like a coincidence.

The top chars are pretty balanced in comparison to each other only. I'd say the top 10-12 guys are good and will be good in the future, and a couple will creep up as a few crawl down, but to talk as if 80% of the roster will be on the same level is ridiculous. When I see "A+ and B" it makes it seem like those chars are so close when that just isn't the case.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Ohh lawdie laws. I know his mobility issues but I think he still belongs with the S tier chars opposed to the A+ just looking at the chars which are in there.
No, I wouldn't put him there at all. These characters have like 2 disadvantageous matchups at the max. GL has that at the minimum.

ceemurda

Tha BLakk ROBOCOP
I've definitely seen Pig's Lex so I can speak on that. Ask him how balanced he thinks this game is.

Back on topic, can you safely say you feel Lex and Joker are literally one letter and a plus sign away from the likes of Green Lantern and Nightwing??? That doesn't just sound and feel wrong to you? IMO the gap is clearly larger than that.

I'll give you that some of the "lower tiers" are less explored, but that's actually due to them having obvious less tools than other members of the cast. For some of the top players to say, "almost everyone is tournament viable" I see the same guys who say this maining up the Aquaman's, Superman's, and Batman's while continuing to make the statement. This doesn't seem like a coincidence.

The top chars are pretty balanced in comparison to each other only. I'd say the top 10-12 guys are good and will be good in the future, and a couple will creep up as a few crawl down, but to talk as if 80% of the roster will be on the same level is ridiculous. When I see "A+ and B" it makes it seem like those chars are so close when that just isn't the case.
Remember picking certain stages changes match ups dramtically if not annoy da hell outta ya

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Batman safe batarangs (at work dont have frame data in front of me but have faster recovery than most zoning options in the game) MB for huge plus on block into more FTs. Also there are these things called BATS that you press button 4 to receive. Not to mention grapple

Black adam - Limited zoning abilities? Dave G T F O here, 19% +3 on block mb lightning? Smoke cloud into 40% combos? Safe zoning dive kick (yes dk can be used in terms of
zoning as a counter zoning tool ) thats +9 on block and leads to free pressure into mb
lightning or safe ender.

Nightwing - Again SIR G T F O here, +18 mb staff pound low that leads to 35-38% combos. Safe reg low ground pound. Escrima evades and counters ds' guns and sets up staff switch to pound into big damage. Have you NOT seen b1 in staff? That alone is a zoning tool.

Superman - Laser Show ...period (combine with always available trait)

Doomsday - You're right he has limited zoning properties as he should, wtf should he
have a full screen boulder toss or something like ares projectile.

Im beginning to think you havent really played injustice
Night wings zoning is not as strong as people think.. He gets out zoned by a lot of characters

M2Dave

Zoning Master
In my opinion, zoners in this game are stronger because there is no BLOCK button and because of that you cannot cancel dash your way in and also the dash recovers slower than in MK9... Imagine if you had to fight a Kabal or a Kenshi in Injustice.... :eek: Deathstroke's, Cyborg's and some other heavy zoners' position is well justified in this Tier List.
No character in Injustice is as strong as Kabal and Kenshi are in MK.

This "Injustice favors zoning characters" misconceptions have to stop. Yes, the push block and wager system tend to favor zoning characters, and perhaps NRS should have added an option to push block projectiles to avoid chip damage. Nonetheless, look at some of the characters' block frame advantages, 50/50 mix ups, and mediocre AA tools. If this game did not have push block, half the cast would become Johnny Cage when you get cornered.

SLy

Noob

This "Injustice favors zoning characters" misconceptions have to stop. Yes, the push block and wager system tend to favor zoning characters, and perhaps NRS should have added an option to push block projectiles to avoid chip damage. Nonetheless, look at some of the characters' block frame advantages, 50/50 mix ups, and mediocre AA tools. If this game did not have push block, half the cast would become Johnny Cage when you get cornered.
I don't think that's the reason why it favors Zoners. I think it favors zoners because of the Size of the Stages. Zoners have ALOT of room to work with when it comes down to keepaway. BA for example.. He has all the space in the world to Walk back and etc.

Its not an advantage that imbalances the game like many people make it out to be. But it is a valid advantage for Zoners.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
I think this game will be more about matchups than "hurka derr theze chars are broken" like other games. I believe more than half the cast is misunderstood and not tapped into, simply cause everybody is focusing on using the chars they are comfortable w/for tournaments and things like that. I'm SURE people are hiding good tech w/evo around the corner

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
I think this game will be more about matchups than "hurka derr theze chars are broken" like other games. I believe more than half the cast is misunderstood and not tapped into, simply cause everybody is focusing on using the chars they are comfortable w/for tournaments and things like that. I'm SURE people are hiding good tech w/evo around the corner
Most probably. I mean it makes sense. :16Bit

Kibaris

Noob

Injustice is way more balanced than MK9, if it were a character like Kabal or Kenshi in Injustice with the way the game is built, they would easily dominate everyone. They could just add a block button like in MK9, it would actually help rushdown characters to close the gap. The fact that I main Deathstroke and I suggest that zoners must be nerfed must tell you something... ;)

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
The fact that I main Deathstroke and I suggest that zoners must be nerfed must tell you something... ;)
Or, and I know this is crazy, but people need to learn how to play defense and utilize patience?

People didn't stop playing Zangief in SF against Sim/Fireball chars cause of zoning. DS is good, some say top tier, some disagree. He can be beaten like every char in this game, no char is overpowered nor needs to be nerfed, there is zero logic behind nerfing a char after a month. The community is not even ATTEMPTING to find ways to counter it. I really hate new school mindset:( Kids want everything patched for them. Why not go play Minecraft and let the adults enjoy the game?

ceemurda

Tha BLakk ROBOCOP
If anything this game need forward teching atleast on softknockdowns and reduce knock back from being hit by projectiles in air.. I shouldnt have fight my way back to midscreen after being hit by death strokes zoning onslaught which is whats making the lower tiers struggle..atleast catwoman can meterburn,her way thru get a combo for free..which leads me to this why arent more meter burn moves that are projectile invunerable like other fighters thats about as silly as projectiles hitting overhead imo.. Next is reducing the frames of recovery on forward dashing a bit because cr. Dashing is also debunked by overhead hitting projectile and the absents of pre emted block stun.. Playing against raven players as well as green lantern makes it pretty impossible for other character that dont have good forward moving specials.. Seems like common sense and no character receives un-needed nerfs or buffs... Only person destiny for a nerf should be cyborgs iafb.. In return they need to do something for his lackluster combo ability

Kibaris

Noob
Or, and I know this is crazy, but people need to learn how to play defense and utilize patience? People didn't stop playing Zangief in SF against Sim/Fireball chars cause of zoning. DS is good, some say top tier, some disagree. He can be beaten like every char in this game, no char is overpowered nor needs to be nerfed, there is zero logic behind nerfing a char after a month. The community is not even ATTEMPTING to find ways to counter it.

I really hate new school mindset:( Kids want everything patched for them. Why not go play Minecraft and let the adults enjoy the game?
The only thing I suggested was to add a block button. It would help a lot against zoners. And maybe lower the frames on block of the projectiles... I don't get your logic really, if someone suggests a balance fix is it a kid or something? I just want the game to be as fair as possible not to make things easier, if I was a kid I would be happy with zoners dominating everyone since I main a heavy zoner... I have high expectations for Injustice..

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
The only thing I suggested was to add a block button. It would help a lot against zoners. And maybe lower the frames on block of the projectiles... I don't get your logic really, if someone suggests a balance fix is it a kid or something? I just want the game to be as fair as possible not to make things easier, if I was a kid I would be happy with zoners dominating everyone since I main a heavy zoner... I have high expectations for Injustice..
The entire post was not directed at you, just the blocking and working your way in part. I know you don't compromise the entire community my friend:) I separated my original post a little so it doesn't look like I'm attacking you cause that wasn't my intent

Punk

Banned
Wonder Woman has to be moved up to S. Just because she hasn't been explored the way Batman, Deathstroke, Aquaman and Black Adam have been doesn't mean she belongs beneath them. She's a borderline OP character possibly even reaching S+ position.
Nah, she's ok where she's placed. Maybe even too generous with her placed at A+.

Yinze

"Tell me, do you bleed?...You will."
I dont see how people can think doomsday can be S tier. Everything else looks pretty good. Green lantern should maybe move up, raven could move down