What's new

Breakthrough Tom Brady Will Win EVO!!!

prospic

Noob
Actually, I have never really given SZ a shot at EVO. Also, at EVO2011 SZ had already received a few nerfs.

At EVO 2011 I used A LOT of KL. At EVO 2012 I planned on using Cage over SZ. I didnt really have a tourney ready SZ for either EVO. This year I plan on making top 8, I am using SZ this year. I truely believe that I could have been top 8 at one of the past 2 EVOs had I not gone to random characters over my main.
Yeah youre right. Well see how far you can get

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
because armor to everyone was a myth nerf?

blah....
Armor that also fucked over Reptile, Sektor, Cyrax, Kitana.. amongst many others.

Maybe if his only contributions while he was at NRS wasn't removing things that were potentially broken and trying to mould his personal favorite character into potentially top 5 material within the space of less than a week he wouldn't feel so inclined to spout these conspiracy theories.

Scorpion's D4~Hellfire? Yeah that shit was unfathomably broken and HAD to be sieved out before day 1. Sub-Zero's guaranteed, unescapable reset on top of already having a 36% meterless BNB in v1.05? Pfft, no issues there apparently.

Ryheem

LIN-KUEI STUDENT
Armor that also fucked over Reptile, Sektor, Cyrax, Kitana.. amongst many others.

Maybe if his only contributions while he was at NRS wasn't removing things that were potentially broken and trying to mould his personal favorite character into potentially top 5 material within the space of less than a week he wouldn't feel so inclined to spout these conspiracy theories.

Scorpion's D4~Hellfire? Yeah that shit was unfathomably broken and HAD to be sieved out before day 1. Sub-Zero's guaranteed, unescapable reset on top of already having a 36% meterless BNB in v1.05? Pfft, no issues there apparently.
reptile has armor .-. and is the guaranreed reset off of the icspuddle?

STRYKIE

reptile has armor .-. and is the guaranreed reset off of the icspuddle?
To my understanding armor was deemed retarded because Sub-Zero was no longer able to merely get away with sitting behind clones and chucking ice all day, and it was believed to be the same philosophy behind Reptile no longer being able to just chuck forceballs all day until JOP of all people wrecked Chris G and people actually started to put a finger on how to futcdarewayne.

And yes that is the reset I'm talking about. Okay sure it's nowhere near as damaging as Cyrax's stuff, but the principal behind ANY player trying to defend a damage glitch of around 50-60% but only taking the time to call out and remove a guaranteed 7% isn't admirable on any account.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta

zomgwtfbbq

seriously...... this isn't even an argument. They had a week to basically try and find what it took us 2 years to find.......

don't be ignorant to other facts. You know what else wasn't broken...... proximity of clone...... but that was removed as well.

And yeah..... when your main tool is raped by armor...... no one was inadvertently nerfed more than SZ.

btw... d4~hellfire .... dude.... that means you'd have to JUMP everytime he touched you with a d4.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
At the moment my focus is on Kenshi.
Rain is taking a back seat, I plan on fucking shit up with my Kenshi/Lao/Sonya/Cage team.
Did you even use Sonya at all at the last Evo? I thought you only used Cage and Kung Lao. Really if you think about it Cage and Sonya have almost all the same good matchups and bad matchups, so in tournament you really only need one of them lol

STRYKIE

zomgwtfbbq

seriously...... this isn't even an argument. They had a week to basically try and find what it took us 2 years to find.......

don't be ignorant to other facts. You know what else wasn't broken...... proximity of clone...... but that was removed as well.

And yeah..... when your main tool is raped by armor...... no one was inadvertently nerfed more than SZ.

btw... d4~hellfire .... dude.... that means you'd have to JUMP everytime he touched you with a d4.
Believe me, I've done my best to point out the problems that came with NRS expecting Tom, Konqrr, Shock, Check and whoever else was there trying to stop everything from falling through the net within 5 days. My issue is with Tom back then with the limited knowledge everyone had of the game, picking and choosing what was broken and what wasn't.

The problem with the balance revolving around ice clone is that it was only really ever designed to help him across the new mechanics introduced (and have since then been abandoned) in MK3/UMK3. I don't think anyone could've forseen how inconsistently ice clone was designed in MK9 circa-2011 when there was no knowledge whatsoever of frame data and where it's respective properties were applied, but considering he was already one of the best in MKvsDC without it, you're only asking for trouble trying to force it into his footsie arsenal in a game that runs off of a modified version of it's engine.

I'm not here to tell you D4~Hellfire wouldn't have been dumb either lol, but there should've been more thought process behind preventing it instead of taking the easy way out and turn his entire poking game into horeshit.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Brady should use the character he feels better , however, he must keep one of two secrets "aces" under his sleeve .... just in case for bad SZ MUs

Not as long as he keeps trying to convince himself that these myth-nerfs confined Sub-Zero into non-viability he won't.

Believe me, I've done my best to point out the problems that came with NRS expecting Tom, Konqrr, Shock, Check and whoever else was there trying to stop everything from falling through the net within 5 days. My issue is with Tom back then with the limited knowledge everyone had of the game, picking and choosing what was broken and what wasn't.

The problem with the balance revolving around ice clone is that it was only really ever designed to help him across the new mechanics introduced (and have since then been abandoned) in MK3/UMK3. I don't think anyone could've forseen how inconsistently ice clone was designed in MK9 circa-2011 when there was no knowledge whatsoever of frame data and where it's respective properties were applied, but considering he was already one of the best in MKvsDC without it, you're only asking for trouble trying to force it into his footsie arsenal in a game that runs off of a modified version of it's engine.

I'm not here to tell you D4~Hellfire wouldn't have been dumb either lol, but there should've been more thought process behind preventing it instead of taking the easy way out and turn his entire poking game into horeshit.
To my understanding armor was deemed retarded because Sub-Zero was no longer able to merely get away with sitting behind clones and chucking ice all day, and it was believed to be the same philosophy behind Reptile no longer being able to just chuck forceballs all day until JOP of all people wrecked Chris G and people actually started to put a finger on how to futcdarewayne.

And yes that is the reset I'm talking about. Okay sure it's nowhere near as damaging as Cyrax's stuff, but the principal behind ANY player trying to defend a damage glitch of around 50-60% but only taking the time to call out and remove a guaranteed 7% isn't admirable on any account.

look man.. you got it WAAAAAAAY wrong..

1. It was others who constantly tried to get me that SZ was not viable and always asked me to switch. This is why I went through the character roulette phase. Fact is, SZ is my best chance an I know this. Using SZ for everyone and Raiden for Kenshi is my best chance to win. Can I technically win a major like this? yes.. Are the odds seriously stacked? Yes.. HOWEVER, I can consistently place in the top at majors like this. It may not be a win, but its the best I can do using my best chance to do anything.

2. SZ received several nerfs besides everyone getting armor. He received several damage nerfs prior to losing his reset. I never had a problem with characters getting armor, I just felt like they should have given SZ a way to deal with armor.

3. Back then Scorpion had WAY more then tick~hellfire. ANYTHING he hit you with be it 11, 111, 21, 33, F+3, F+44, etc was a guaranteed safe jump. If Scorpion ever touched you, you were forced to eat a blocked JIP(which had MAJOR adv back then) into a free throw attempt and a hellfire that did 10% not 7%. So, Scorpion could safely do over 30% at MINIMUM per touch. If you tried to break the throw after a JIP, he could always safely check you with a 11, 111, 21, 33, F+44 etc and loop the mix up safely. Let me also point out then after a safe jump he could JIP~F+3, safe JIP~F+3 for eternity unless you blocked high, giving him the F+44 into another safe jump, or F+4~spear for big damage. His damage was also much higher in general back then. All of that PLUS free tick~hellfire was too much. All someone like you sees is "no more tick~hellfire" meanwhile you are clueless on everything else.

4. I NEVER EVER tried to have SZ be unfairly the best or top 5. If anything, I got that character nerfed by up playing his dirt too much.

5. Ask ANYONE here.. I was AGAINST SZ having his reset and said they should all be removed. The only time I said he should have it is after the latest patch where everyone kept theirs but SZ lost his. Either keep them all, or remove them all. Dont remove one and keep the others. They are all unfair and imbalanced.

6. I am LONG over any patch nerfs/buffs in MK9 and just play the game. I dont ever wish to talk about a nerf or buff unless its a joke. I do not and will not entertain any serious discussion around SZ nerfs.

7. Next time, before you attack me, get facts straight.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
So it's ok to sit back and throw IAGBs all day, or IAFs all day, or whatever else...

but not ice blast, which does 0 chip. OK

ChuckFiasco

"I'm the 12th best Sub-Zero player in the world."
Actually, I have never really given SZ a shot at EVO. Also, at EVO2011 SZ had already received a few nerfs.

At EVO 2011 I used A LOT of KL. At EVO 2012 I planned on using Cage over SZ. I didnt really have a tourney ready SZ for either EVO. This year I plan on making top 8, I am using SZ this year. I truely believe that I could have been top 8 at one of the past 2 EVOs had I not gone to random characters over my main.
What happened to switching to Raiden?

Ugh.. I read more of this. I want my 6 minutes back.

The top players' ability to reach top 8 usually comes down to how well their counter picks work against their opponent's mains. Will he make top 8? I dunno. I haven't seen the brackets or pools yet.

That would be awesome to have a Kano in the top 8 though. he's so much better than people say he is.