What's new

Breakthrough Tom Brady Will Win EVO!!!

THEE ODINSON

ODINSON
Actually, I have never really given SZ a shot at EVO. Also, at EVO2011 SZ had already received a few nerfs.

At EVO 2011 I used A LOT of KL. At EVO 2012 I planned on using Cage over SZ. I didnt really have a tourney ready SZ for either EVO. This year I plan on making top 8, I am using SZ this year. I truely believe that I could have been top 8 at one of the past 2 EVOs had I not gone to random characters over my main.
Well, I Will Be Using Sub-Zero As Well.. I Look Forward To Seeing Sub-Zero In Top 8 Rather It's You, Myself Or Anyone.. I Want Him To Win A Major.. I Will Be Pulling For Any Sub-Zero Player At EVO This Year..

Yet still using SZ? Lets be honest here. SZ doesnt have the tools to win a major.
Maybe so, but its that line of thinking that always have me abandon him. Bottom line is, if I get top 8 at evo and dont win, Im ok with that. With no sub, I wont even place well. So, its switch for better tools and not do all that well, or place top but not win.

ChuckFiasco

"I'm the 12th best Sub-Zero player in the world."
Maybe so, but its that line of thinking that always have me abandon him. Bottom line is, if I get top 8 at evo and dont win, Im ok with that. With no sub, I wont even place well. So, its switch for better tools and not do all that well, or place top but not win.
I smell what your stepping in. I hope you do win with SZ. Good luck bro.

Vothsair

Noob
Not true, Tom. If you put in the work on other characters like you have SubZero, you'd be placing higher.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Not true, Tom. If you put in the work on other characters like you have SubZero, you'd be placing higher.
Theres a SERIOUS amount of work to do with SZ compared to pretty much every other character you see in tournament, Brady is a very unique player in that sense. He seems to do well with shitty characters, but not so well with the good ones. Luckily SZ isnt a total piece of shit in tournament like Sheeva/Baraka/Stryker etc.

Theres a SERIOUS amount of work to do with SZ compared to pretty much every other character you see in tournament, Brady is a very unique player in that sense. He seems to do well with shitty characters, but not so well with the good ones. Luckily SZ isnt a total piece of shit in tournament like Sheeva/Baraka/Stryker etc.

I actually havent TRIED to put much time in with any character besides SZ. If I actually spent time on some of the other tops whats the reward? Still placing top 8 consistently? How is that different from now? It may be easier, but the result the same.

Vothsair

Noob
I actually havent TRIED to put much time in with any character besides SZ. If I actually spent time on some of the other tops whats the reward? Still placing top 8 consistently? How is that different from now? It may be easier, but the result the same.
Hah, talk about no confidence.

You're confident you can win with SubZero or that you can place Top 8?
It VERY hard to win a big major as SZ, but it is possible unless you run into kenshi, then you need a counter pick(which I have). Still, to win with SZ, you will have to fight through several 3-7 mu's. Can he win them? yes.. but The odds in going the entire event and not losing ONE set in a 3-7 mu is extremely difficult.

You guys constantly get on me for placing top 4-8 at majors but not winning and thing I should switch.

Vothsair

Noob
It VERY hard to win a big major as SZ, but it is possible unless you run into kenshi, then you need a counter pick(which I have). Still, to win with SZ, you will have to fight through several 3-7 mu's. Can he win them? yes.. but The odds in going the entire event and not losing ONE set in a 3-7 mu is extremely difficult.

You guys constantly get on me for placing top 4-8 at majors but not winning and thing I should switch.
My apologies. I just read it like I'm ok with Top 8. That and I forgot for a bit you were leveling up Raiden for your horrid matchup, Kenshi. And I wasn't saying switch but at least level up your other characters (which you are doing). I'm rooting for you to win or Chris G (lol) if I don't.

THEE ODINSON

ODINSON
what are you talking about? I am fully confident in SZ.
As Am I.. Sub-Zero Can Give A Lot Of The Top Tier A Hard Fucking Time.. And Win! Top 8 Is Not Unreal For Sub.. He Gets Body Buy Like 4 To 5 Characters And He Has The Tools To Beat The Rest Of The Cast.. I Would Just Have A 2nd Character Like Kenshi For Those Other Bad Match Ups Until You Get To Top 8 And Just Go Sub-Zero The Rest Of The Way..

D

Deleted member 9158

Brady's always been a personal favourite of mine. He really cares about the game and the community, I'd love to see him win something like that.

I mean, as awesome as PL is, he just disappeared, reappeared and laid waste to everyone. Brady winning EVO would be the second coming of the Messiah

PND i2 Gaug3

NERF Everything, LEAVE Nothing
I asked every suitable candidate in the UK to play Kenshi, but none of them would. I took up the burden of being the one that evil, and I dont find him boring to play like most other players ^_^
Well I would have but he just doesnt interest me, the one time I played him Left a bad taste in my mouth. I prefer Jax, Kenshi doesnt even insult the opponent when playing.

If NRS made it so that Kenshi had Kano's dialogue when fighting I would main the shit out of him, Imagine every shoulder you would hear BITCH and every en: Shoulder...the lil laugh then BITCH

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Well I would have but he just doesnt interest me, the one time I played him Left a bad taste in my mouth. I prefer Jax, Kenshi doesnt even insult the opponent when playing.

If NRS made it so that Kenshi had Kano's dialogue when fighting I would main the shit out of him, Imagine every shoulder you would hear BITCH and every en: Shoulder...the lil laugh then BITCH
lmaaao xD why stop there? why not just have him say, "u mad bro"? :D

Vagrant

Noob
He's retired.

Straight from his mouth to me.

He's not trolling. He seemed serious as hell, his focus from what I can tell is 100% on injustice. It's actually pretty sad man, TB was the first pro I ever watched play. I'm not going to invade a friends privacy by getting into why he chose to retire but from what I can tell he is completely done competing in MK9 but still a very big part of the scene.

He may change his mind (Hopefully he will, I'm trying to get him to change it) but I doubt we'll see Brady compete at evo.