What's new

Tom Brady Asks, "Can we please hit the reset button?"

I agree with the trolls and whatnot derailing our community in many senses. I agree that Kabal is BS, but however, I believe in character loyalty. I don't want kabal players to ditch their guy, but I d0n't want to have to drop my main for another character to beat him. The solution, get better and find a weak spot. It's going to be tough, but it can be done. So find something that works and use it...often :)

Mattman

Warlock Nerd
SwiftTomHanks
It literally seems like the absolute best answer is for me to refrain from coming to TYM, stay out of all streams/stream chats, and stop commentating on tourney streams as well as staying off of side streams and podcasts.
Im under the impression this would be one of the WORST things for the MK community. Am i wrong?

Front page =/= recent threads. Right now I don't see any of these thing you said in the front page.
I was using exaggeration to more easily get my point across. My count may be slightly off. Thanks for putting in the time to research it though.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
SwiftTomHanks I didnt insult anyone at UFGT. I called the action, I dont know where you get this "boderline insulting" thing from because at no time did I actually insult anyone playing NOR did I even mention the stream chat and I damn sure didnt say any "stuck up remarks" to pig.

It literally seems like the absolute best answer is for me to refrain from coming to TYM, stay out of all streams/stream chats, and stop commentating on tourney streams as well as staying off of side streams and podcasts.

I hate to say it, but its the truth.. perhaps guys like STH and many others are right. Fact is, this community was actually for the better during the 2 1/2 months i disappeared. I think this is for the best. LOL.. i am not even seen as a top level player any more and my being active seems to be the very problem in the MKC.
SwiftTomHanks I didnt insult anyone at UFGT. I called the action, I dont know where you get this "boderline insulting" thing from because at no time did I actually insult anyone playing NOR did I even mention the stream chat and I damn sure didnt say any "stuck up remarks" to pig.

I hate to say it, but its the truth.. perhaps guys like STH and many others are right. Fact is, this community was actually for the better during the 2 1/2 months i disappeared. I think this is for the best. LOL.. i am not even seen as a top level player any more and my being active seems to be the very problem in the MKC.
First of all, the mk community is not better or worse without any select individual. For one person to make that much of a difference is a bad statement for our community. To clear myself up about ufgt; things such as "I've never seen so many missed opratunities" , "you can't do this if you want to be a high level player" ect.

Go back and what ufgt when you were commentating with 16bit, he was trying to stay on topic while you were pushing the other way with rants unrelated to the match.

Some of what you said may be true, but coming from someone who watched the stream; it comes off as insulting to the players. And when it does, its only going to make things worse for you.

The answer is not to remove yourself from the community, but instead to change your approach. Coming around once in a blue moon to post a tier list isn't the right idea.

What bulit your reputation was your knowledge of the game; this can and should be put to better use than making tier lists and saying why match ups suck on stream.

Tolkeen

/wrists
First of all, the mk community is not better or worse without any select individual. For one person to make that much of a difference is a bad statement for our community. To clear myself up about ufgt; things such as "I've never seen so many missed opratunities" , "you can't do this if you want to be a high level player" ect.

Go back and what ufgt when you were commentating with 16bit, he was trying to stay on topic while you were pushing the other way with rants unrelated to the match.

Some of what you said may be true, but coming from someone who watched the stream; it comes off as insulting to the players. And when it does, its only going to make things worse for you.

The answer is not to remove yourself from the community, but instead to change your approach. Coming around once in a blue moon to post a tier list isn't the right idea.

What bulit your reputation was your knowledge of the game; this can and should be put to better use than making tier lists and saying why match ups suck on stream.
I was there, and I re-watched the top 8 streams, and from what I saw I have to disagree with half of your take on Tom's commentary. Although there were a few times when he would try to get his thought out before a match, he didn't always have the time and sometimes that cut into the matches a little bit. That's understandable to me, because at least he tried to force it into the 5 minute window. I don't believe that the statement "you can't do this if you want to be a high level player" or the likes, are insulting in any way. If you watch a lot of other sports, it's the announcers job to point out what the player did that led to their failure, or led to their success. In tennis, if someone's being slow to the line, you'll hear about it, and not always in such a flattering tone as Tom used. I didn't watch any of the pool stream, because I was there, so maybe I missed something, but in Top 8, Tom was flawless.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Leave Jade's buff and complaining threads alone, she needs it, in spite the fact that she's 9-1 against Kabal. You can delete the rest.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
On a serious note. I'm reading these posts and most of them say there's too much trolling on this site, while I didn't notice as much. Why is that? Is it because I don't read/memorize anything I read and was trolling, or is it because I'm a troll myself and can't distinguish the difference? Damn, deep.

Flagg

Noob
I feel there is a massive difference with the community in the West and the one in Japan.

The guys in Japan seem more focussed on mastering their individual characters and think about tiers second, where as it's the other way round over here. I mean how often do you get threads about guys "well, I play X, but I need another letter so I can beat Y". We seem obsessed with tiers, hence why these threads get made. I'm also guilty about complaining about Kabal, but I think in time people will find a way around him. I personally think the three best characters in the game are Skarlet, Kung Lao and Kabal, but for all we know, there is a Kano player out there that is so good, because his footsies and spacing is superior, that he can beat the majority of Skarlet, Kung Lao and Kabal players. I think Slips proved recently, that even though people think Scorpion is garbage, look how well he did with him at UFGT.

However, like mentioned, it doesn't help when top players make troll threads.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Wait...Ermac had resets? This is news to me...
Yeah. In the vanilla version he could combo after a hit confirmed F4. F4 and then charge B2 into unblockable. If you were fast enough opponent couldnt avoid it. It was kinda an infinite tbh. Could only be avoided if you had breaker. About what Tom posted, i agree 100%. This is getting ridiculous. Just play the game with your favorite character and thats that. All this whining must stop sometime soon cause its getting old.

KH_Captain

Nightwolf wannabe
I just had an epiphany! I now have made my last complaint about OP characters. This really needed to be said, and has definitely made me think twice about Kabal. I much appreciate Brady standing up and speaking his mind on this matter, and I'm glad Brady is back(at least for now) posting in general. much props for making me see the light!

Slymind

Noob
I think buffs and nerfs should be always discussed, it happens in any competitve game.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and i have mine. Some matches are too much one-sided, Kabal should be toned down, and some characters should be buffed, that's the truth, there is no harm in discussing it, i agree, that whining constantly or blaming the character for everything is not what people should do, but, ignoring everything isn't the way either.

besides reo there is no kabal that is rediculous imo. look at brady vs m2dave or slips vs kevodaman. cdjr beat reo in tourney multiple times. Slips dont stop playing mk9!

I feel there is a massive difference with the community in the West and the one in Japan.

The guys in Japan seem more focussed on mastering their individual characters and think about tiers second, where as it's the other way round over here. I mean how often do you get threads about guys "well, I play X, but I need another letter so I can beat Y". We seem obsessed with tiers, hence why these threads get made. I'm also guilty about complaining about Kabal, but I think in time people will find a way around him. I personally think the three best characters in the game are Skarlet, Kung Lao and Kabal, but for all we know, there is a Kano player out there that is so good, because his footsies and spacing is superior, that he can beat the majority of Skarlet, Kung Lao and Kabal players. I think Slips proved recently, that even though people think Scorpion is garbage, look how well he did with him at UFGT.

However, like mentioned, it doesn't help when top players make troll threads.
the difference is for example slips played almost flawlessly against some of his opponents like ikizzle dizzy and kevo. a good example would be against dizzy, he almost double flawlessed dizzy because he played flawlessly. but slips only needs to make one mistake to lose the match against cage while dizzy can make multiple mistakes. its frustrating. and unlike street fighter mk is a lot more matchup based .

Gz166

Noob
I think REO wasnt complaining about resets or his character guys i dont know but it kinda sounded he was trying to make fun of Tom Brady think about it he never metioned any problem with Kabal in the video. But it doesnt matter i dont give a damn if my character gets patched whatsoever ill stick with him till the end. If they patch him Amen, if they dont Amen watever. Even if we do complain and post these things you think Netherealm is going to give a crap i dont think so. And btw Tom Brady you inspired me to use SubZero i use to use scorpion i saw all your videos and strategies and never stop using him. So guys just dont let the patches bother ya just find new ways thats all i can say guys God Bless ya all :)

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I think REO wasnt complaining about resets or his character guys i dont know but it kinda sounded he was trying to make fun of Tom Brady think about it he never metioned any problem with Kabal in the video. But it doesnt matter i dont give a damn if my character gets patched whatsoever ill stick with him till the end. If they patch him Amen, if they dont Amen watever. Even if we do complain and post these things you think Netherealm is going to give a crap i dont think so. And btw Tom Brady you inspired me to use SubZero i use to use scorpion i saw all your videos and strategies and never stop using him. So guys just dont let the patches bother ya just find new ways thats all i can say guys God Bless ya all :)
He was totally making fun of Tom. The point was that his video was front paged, and it was just a troll video.

M2Dave

Zoning Master

The guys in Japan seem more focussed on mastering their individual characters and think about tiers second, where as it's the other way round over here.
Right. Which explains why many Japanese players abused Sagat in vanilla and Yun in AE 2011.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Yeah. In the vanilla version he could combo after a hit confirmed F4. F4 and then charge B2 into unblockable. If you were fast enough opponent couldnt avoid it. It was kinda an infinite tbh. Could only be avoided if you had breaker.
Ohhh...gotcha now.

Gz166

Noob
I didn't mention "Tom Brady" any where in the video, and it was not front-paged. Stop spreading lies. I was just in a stressful mood that day. I apologize, this community gets to me very easily.
no Bro we didnt say you metion Tom Brady we were assuming since u said you didnt have a car to record the video bro and it reminded us of Tom Brady But dude delete the video is all i can advise u please. Its okay bro everybody got stressfull days. Its ok we dont blame you

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
no Bro we didnt say you metion Tom Brady we were assuming since u said you didnt have a car to record the video bro and it reminded us of Tom Brady But dude delete the video is all i can advise u please. Its okay bro everybody got stressfull days. Its ok we dont blame you
You are very easily trolled. Did you not even see the whole CSZ 2 bar thing? If that wasnt meant to be funny....it was meant to be funny.

Gz166

Noob
Yeah I know I saw that. It wasnt funny and Im sorry if i misunderstood wrong and im not easily trolled. Lets forge this guys