What's new

Titanfall! - Loadout and Tag Discussion

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
I think he knows, he's just trolling. Steveo is too cool to regenerate :rolleyes:

team TYM try hards! we'll get on once jupiter and his brother get back from civil war
:joker:
I'll help you guy stomp some bitches. And on the off chance we lose, I'll murder them all so you can evac like cowards smart people.

New top-tier Titanfall tactic I heard about- and have used to great results.

Best way to get a rodeo-ing pilot off your back.

1) Have your Titan crouch
2) Then slowly aim down at your feet with your Titan
3) ... profit!

This mimics the animation your Titan does when you're getting out of it. The enemy pilot will think you're getting out, and they'll jump off throwing grenades to kill you. Then you just turn around in your Titan and FALCON PAWNCH.

3) ... profit!

This mimics the animation your Titan does when you're getting out of it. The enemy pilot will think you're getting out, and they'll jump off throwing grenades to kill you. Then you just turn around in your Titan and FALCON PAWNCH.
This stopped working in the newest patch. You no longer exit your titan more quickly when crouching and looking at the ground. The psychological aspect is still there - if you have an opponent that is reacting to the movement and not the disembarking noise then yes you will fool them. But otherwise you are just wasting time and giving them free damage.

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
I just gave the final touches to my first gaming pc.
Looking forward to playing titan fall.
any newbie loadout suggestions?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor

3) ... profit!

Lol. I set two satchels and unload with the slammer. I don't jump until I see that hatch blow, and by the time it does I've cleaned your Titan to doom status with a jump off double tap

StevoSuprem0

My youtube channel is devoted entirely to loadouts on both the pilot and titan sides. Check it out for ideas, www.youtube.com/user/frothyomen
I checked some of your stuff out. Pretty sweet man.
Was curious about your opinion on the tactical abilities. I notice you use stim a lot, which I haven't messed with much since the beta and had kinda written off, but you seem to use it pretty well. I always hate cloak because I tend to use the radar pulse and cloaked pilots don't show up on that, which I think is kinda stupid but whatever. Hadn't seen you say anything about radar pulse, and basically am wondering which you think is better between the pulse and stim. I'd assume they're each kinda good in different situations, but wanted to get your thoughts. And anyone else for that matter.

I checked some of your stuff out. Pretty sweet man.
Was curious about your opinion on the tactical abilities. I notice you use stim a lot, which I haven't messed with much since the beta and had kinda written off, but you seem to use it pretty well. I always hate cloak because I tend to use the radar pulse and cloaked pilots don't show up on that, which I think is kinda stupid but whatever. Hadn't seen you say anything about radar pulse, and basically am wondering which you think is better between the pulse and stim. I'd assume they're each kinda good in different situations, but wanted to get your thoughts. And anyone else for that matter.
Thanks for watching, glad you find the videos helpful.

The only real use for Radar Pulse that I've found is assaulting hardpoints/CTF points. If you're playing an enemy team that you know likes to camp it, ARP will give you an edge. However at a high level most enemies don't sit in corners, they are constantly moving around within their defense points and not sitting directly on top of it - they are defending from afar. Soundwhoring with headphones is almost as effective without mucking your aim, plus allows you to stim up and in a lot of situations take an extra bullet or two from enemies. Basically I think the other two tactical abilities need serious buffs because they just don't compete with stim. Why bother with radar pulse when you can just throw a satchel into a hardpoint, blow up literally everything for free (eliminating ARP's one niche), and then use stim to speed out of there at mach speed? That's just my take though

StevoSuprem0

Thanks for watching, glad you find the videos helpful.

The only real use for Radar Pulse that I've found is assaulting hardpoints/CTF points. If you're playing an enemy team that you know likes to camp it, ARP will give you an edge. However at a high level most enemies don't sit in corners, they are constantly moving around within their defense points and not sitting directly on top of it - they are defending from afar. Soundwhoring with headphones is almost as effective without mucking your aim, plus allows you to stim up and in a lot of situations take an extra bullet or two from enemies. Basically I think the other two tactical abilities need serious buffs because they just don't compete with stim. Why bother with radar pulse when you can just throw a satchel into a hardpoint, blow up literally everything for free (eliminating ARP's one niche), and then use stim to speed out of there at mach speed? That's just my take though
Hmmm. I mainly do attrition, but I actually found ARP useful on defense in hardpoint/CTF matches. I would run around inside them with the shotgun and callout where people are coming from for anyone else on my team. It also may have to due with my only real FPS experience coming from my Halo 2 days, which was a bit more radar intensive when you are close to someone, similar to how the ARP works. It definitely is pretty annoying to try and shoot someone when the pulses are distorting your vision a bit though. I'm definitely going to start experimenting with stim more. Keep up the good work in the vids dood!

Thanks man. Yeah I don't think ARP is bad but really I just can't stand the fact that those orange ghosts float around for so long it makes it impossible for me to see anyting. That's just me though

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
I finally got a good wifi adapter to play titanfall!!
getting bodied but still fun
you guys play on keyboard or pad?
never played a FPS game on keyboard, am having to think about every keypress i do
I wanna get the 360 pad, but is so ass for fighting games
i heard the ps4 pad is good, but has a lot of compatibility issues

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I tried some of the new maps. One in particular seems pretty terrible to be a titan on (I'll let you guys figure which one I mean)