What's new

Timing the NJP

ok guys, since I am online player and I finally started to play Reptile, I was trying to combo: 32 > EXsfball > NJP > 32 > ffball > 321 > slide

Now I do have problem connecting NJP. Usually I am trying to hold up as soon as I hit inputs for EXsfball so I can jump as soon as possible and than press 1 or2 for punch, but I can make it 1 out of 5 trys.
First problem is that sometimes target flys over me, totally on other side (lol), and second problem is that I press jump as soon as Reptile leaves the floor, but hit is not comming ? (I assume that I hit punch button too fast, even my Reptile is not on the ground?) some help plx
thanks

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
ok guys, since I am online player and I finally started to play Reptile, I was trying to combo: 32 > EXsfball > NJP > 32 > ffball > 321 > slide

Now I do have problem connecting NJP. Usually I am trying to hold up as soon as I hit inputs for EXsfball so I can jump as soon as possible and than press 1 or2 for punch, but I can make it 1 out of 5 trys.
First problem is that sometimes target flys over me, totally on other side (lol), and second problem is that I press jump as soon as Reptile leaves the floor, but hit is not comming ? (I assume that I hit punch button too fast, even my Reptile is not on the ground?) some help plx
thanks
I can't land any NJPs consistently online, my best advice is to just avoid using them completely for him when playing online.

Griefa

Noob
I am almost entirely an online player and was in a bit of a dilemma around the beginning of the week between whether I should be opening with 122fb or attempting the 321njp, and I eventually decided the 321 is the way to go.

Here is why I feel the 321 opener is superior:

-easier to hit confirm
-greater range
-advances forward
-staggers well into 122 and into itself off of any hit in the string
-cancels out into a clean throw after the 2 hits or is blocked
-superior damage

The only downside to it truthfully is its risk factor and the chance of missing that crucial NJP. The best method Ive found for hitting it comes from Tom Brady, and was the method the OP posted. This is a great way to do it online because it allows for you to land it even without not so perfect timing. Just piano the punch buttons at the same time he leaves the ground and you will have success. One nice thing about missing it, is that even if it fails, you can still mix up! After a failed attempt, try landing into a crouching 4 acid ball, or a throw.

ok! i have no problem with NP after the dash, offline or online i know the timing for each one so i'm gonna tell what i do so anyone can take it as help.
Online: 312 dash (you have to do instantly up and do a little piano betwen 2 and 1, i do it and worked for me to have almost a 100% efectivity online)
Offline: when you do the 321 dash you will see reptile stops after the whiffs in that moment you have to do up and the 2-1 piano. thats all i do and my efectivity offline is a 100% in all my cambos.
with this i have a cuestion and is important. i have ps3 and play almost all days, but last day i went to my friends home he wanted to see me play and finish the number 300 of the tower, well he has xbox and the diference was tremendous for me when i do the 321 dash whiffs i did'nt have to time the NP at all you have all the time in the world to do it on xbox, reptile after the whiffs clearly stops, you see it stops more obvious than the ps3 MK9. what i'm trying to say is that for the people that play on xbox have a great advantage just because they play on it. hope anyone coment on this i want to know if is just my imagination or someone else thought it so.