What's new

Time to be real with Reptile

It can be tough man I understand, just block projectiles and elbow dash after, and getting in can become pretty free. As for upknee, you just have to be careful when going to pressure that fool because it is such a great tool lol.
It's almost sad that I prefer playing kabals to Noobs :/
I need to get this MU down. Joker, you've been a great help, I need to find me some Noobs to play(pun intendid). I think I might have figured something out.

It's almost sad that I prefer playing kabals to Noobs :/
I need to get this MU down. Joker, you've been a great help, I need to find me some Noobs to play(pun intendid). I think I might have figured something out.
Get close, bait upknee, forceball/dash

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Also i think things change depending on the height of tele kick - for example for people who've played me recently have probably noticed me doing IATele like sektor does with his EX TU thing. I think this is fast than all other options
IA tele faster? not 100% sure on that,
the frame data reads in execution section:
Teleport Drop - 21 (23-26 vs standing opponent)
Teleport Drop (air) - ~30 vs standing opponent

(unless Somberness was talking about telekicking at peak of jump rather than to instant air it)

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Noob does not keep Reptile out, that is false. Like Treadmill said, Block one projectile and dash is free, two projectiles and you're in noob's ass. It is hard however to keep pressure on Noob.
Dash in is free, but if you're whiffing it, Reptile will never be at frame advantage. At that range, not even double dash works. And if you choose to forceball, Noob is now capable of reaction teleslamming him.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Dash in is free, but if you're whiffing it, Reptile will never be at frame advantage. At that range, not even double dash works. And if you choose to forceball, Noob is now capable of reaction teleslamming him.
I think I might have worded that badly, I didn't mean he would be at advantage, I just meant he would be in and that's it lol. You are very right though.

Somberness

Lights
IA tele faster? not 100% sure on that,
the frame data reads in execution section:
Teleport Drop - 21 (23-26 vs standing opponent)
Teleport Drop (air) - ~30 vs standing opponent

(unless Somberness was talking about telekicking at peak of jump rather than to instant air it)
Air tele is always slower than ground. You can even make it really slow after a low neutral jump kick.

Seriously, doesnt anyone think cyrax is reptile most horrible MU. Think about it, reptile cant use meter because he needs breaker, he cant dash because the net is 75% and it occupies space, he cant fb/spit (unless full screen) because if the net trades its free grab/pressure mix up, and there are times if he uses ex dash/dash he gets caught by bombs. I have played against noobe many times offline, I can not express the frustration of this MU.

Other than cyrax, kabal, sonya. Maybe: KL, Freddy I dont even think he has any other bad mu.

Seapeople

This one's for you
Seriously, doesnt anyone think cyrax is reptile most horrible MU. Think about it, reptile cant use meter because he needs breaker, he cant dash because the net is 75% and it occupies space, he cant fb/spit (unless full screen) because if the net trades its free grab/pressure mix up, and there are times if he uses ex dash/dash he gets caught by bombs. I have played against noobe many times offline, I can not express the frustration of this MU.

Other than cyrax, kabal, sonya. Maybe: KL, Freddy I dont even think he has any other bad mu.
I agree he's definitely one of Reptile's hardest matchups. And the only way to really punish his teleport on reaction is with 1~ex ffb or 2f31+2. Cyrax has a lot of stuff that shuts down Reptile's zoning

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
I agree he's definitely one of Reptile's hardest matchups. And the only way to really punish his teleport on reaction is with 1~ex ffb or 2f31+2. Cyrax has a lot of stuff that shuts down Reptile's zoning
it can be tough, but then again, once reptile gets in sweep range, its reptiles game...

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™

yesyesyesyes

i hate this matchup more than anything

GGA HAN

Galloping Ghost Arcade
Reptile and Sektor are similar in that they dont have a win button (like the top tiers above do) but they are all around solid in many areas. Maybe it is your duty on this earth to blow up communities that have solid characters but cry for a win button?

Cyblax net can trade with any forceball that Cyrax net can, there is no trade zone Cyrax can cover that Cyblax cant. Cyblax damage isnt as high but its still ridiculous... circumstances in which Cyrax is able to win de round and Cyblax is not are VERY few. (Tho Cyrax has better unbreakable damage)

There is a noticeable difference between the bombs tho, Cyblax bombs are ass. 8 frames slower means its harder to time the standing 1 to AA bomb jumpers. They are almost useless against reptile. However, Reptile cannot full screen zone Cyblax like he does Cyrax because of the teleport. Cyblax teleport is a problem for Reptile in general because it can punish meterless forceballs with full combo. A lot of the forceballs Reptile can use on Cyrax he cannot use on Cyblax.

Id say it evens out 6-4. Not like it cant be a 5-5 like you said, but its definitely fun to discuss odd matchups :)

GGA HAN what do you think?

This is beast. Reptiles seem so accustomed to force their frantic pace that they seem unable to play off reaction soemtimes. Having a tool that is good enough for you to react to your opponents tools is actually an awesome thing! Listen to Showtime, MIT and THTB and slow down enough to think Reptile community!
My thoughts on Human Rax vs Reptile...I'd rather go robo in this MU, personally. The far bomb controls more on-screen space, since the human variant rolls farther and is off the playing field for most of its blast radius. This forces the reptile to be with 1/2 to 3/4 screen where I am much more likely to get a net to trade with a forceball or spit, which is huge in this MU.

I rarely use teleport in this match anyway; closing the distance isn't really the biggest issue when fighting reptile if they know what they are doing...its controlling the midrange. When they have a forceball out on the screen, they are most likely going to come to you, on their terms, mixing up hi,low,attacks strings and throws.

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner on this NariTuba.