What's new

Tier List through my eyes

I have to put m2dave on blast.

Was only a threat in MK when he used Kano with a safe upball and knives the instantly recovered. Skarlet when she had instant dagger cancels and of course with Freddy whos zoning is top notch but unfortunately dave has to fight up close eventually and up close he is pringles.

All you want to do is sit full screen and toss projectiles all day much like your other pals who advocate with you on your views. I could put them on blast too.

Stop ruining this game.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
O i will start...
Hawkgirl....

*Total air control against almost the whole cast
*Goes even with Black Adam, Superman, Wonder Woman, Killer Frost, Aquaman.... (ONLY A FEW CHARACTERS DO THAT)
*The only character that can laugh at superman's lasers, Aquaman's ground trident, Black Adam's lightening and dive kick, Nightwing's ground pound, etc...
*Good zoning
*No unsafe moves
*Very good pressure
*6 great overheads, just one low sadly
*No problem getting in except against a very few characters
*Se can easily make her opponent come to her
*Good damage, not great, but her damage still good at midscreen and godlike damage on the corner, just as everyone else
*No negative/unsafe moves
*She can be annoying as hell if you are annoying with her
*Great air/ground tools
*One of the best D2's on the game

But it's ok she is B tier :D
Until 5 days ago I'd lol at this... but then I played 2 great hawkgirls, and they were tough... at first. She is a very good character. I feel like a lot of her greatness comes from unfamiliarity though because nobody uses her and if they do, nobody uses her well. Kind of like WW imho.

The Slaj Jazz

TIckle my sweet salty nips
O i will start...
Hawkgirl....

*Goes even with Black Adam, Superman, Wonder Woman, Killer Frost, Aquaman.... (ONLY A FEW CHARACTERS DO THAT)
*The only character that can laugh at superman's lasers, Aquaman's ground trident, Black Adam's lightening and dive kick, Nightwing's ground pound, etc...
*Good zoning
*No unsafe moves
*Very good pressure
*Good damage, not great, but her damage still good at midscreen and godlike damage on the corner, just as everyone else
*Great air/ground tools

They will all sleep on Hawkgirl till she wins Evo this year :coffee:

RIF

Noob
Have you not seen m2daves posts as of late? He is acting like he is some great Injustice player when he is not, and completely riding into this game on the success he had in another game.

He constantly trolls on the Zod and Deathstroke forums. Blakfellow recently found some good Zod charge trait tech, Dave claims to have always known about this and still says Zod is average. The guy is full of shit and im glad a TOP PLAYER has finally said what everyone else is saying.

m2dave is nothing special at this game.
I don't know m2dave and I am not defending him. If he's bad at the game, ignore his opinion and move on. I have found that some of the most coherent posts regarding balance come from spectators and commentators and not the best players in the game. I am not saying that is the case here, but it happens often in other games.

There is no problem with sharing opinions but M2dave constantly complains about Deathstroke and tries to get every character he doesn't like to fight against nerfed and on top of that downplays every char he uses.
It's pretty typical for people to downplay their character in fighting games. Coming from an MVC background, no amount of bitching even amounted to changes in your character. However, in this game, it's pretty obvious that the developers play close attention to some of the discussions regarding character balance that take place in this community.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
Agreed- m2dave has to stop trying to act like a pro player throwing his premature/incorrect opinions everywhere that they aren't wanted . Also, pretty solid list Trash of TYM. Keep working your "Aaaaqqqquaaaamaaaaaan" and tear it up at Evo. Not diggin this emo vibe you have after every tourney =P.
Not sure I agree with Flash yet, need to see him in action more since he's gotten all the buffs, but you'd know better than I would. Don't understand Lobo's placement, but maybe there is some new stuff I haven't come across yet, or maybe Reo (or gish now? lame...) is just trolling as usual; I'd see him more low B or C. Don't know anything about Hawkgirl, but she's getting a good amount of props here too, so maybe B is a little low for her (just going my community opinion there)? Otherwise, pretty solid to me.
Also, curious, at CEO you said Batman was the best in the game- I was wondering what your reasoning is? He's certainly good, but doesn't seem like the top seed, especially after the d2 buffs rolled out.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Until 5 days ago I'd lol at this... but then I played 2 great hawkgirls, and they were tough... at first. She is a very good character. I feel like a lot of her greatness comes from unfamiliarity though because nobody uses her and if they do, nobody uses her well. Kind of like WW imho.
Yes.. But trust me... She is a great character... She has almost everything... She could be with Wonder Woman if she had a parry, a faster B3 and faster recovery on her ground mace toss <3 i dont bitch, i like the way she is, and she is way higher than B

Lol yes... We are only a fewHawkgirl players u.u but if you want you can add me and have some games!!!

I have to put m2dave on blast.

Was only a threat in MK when he used Kano with a safe upball and knives the instantly recovered. Skarlet when she had instant dagger cancels and of course with Freddy whos zoning is top notch but unfortunately dave has to fight up close eventually and up close he is pringles.

All you want to do is sit full screen and toss projectiles all day much like your other pals who advocate with you on your views. I could put them on blast too.

Stop ruining this game.
I don't think the community is on board with him either. Don't waste your time on this, it's covered. Go back to practicing for EVO. Let's not devolve this thread into another m2dave bash-fest.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Yes.. But trust me... She is a great character... She has almost everything... She could be with Wonder Woman if she had a parry, a faster B3 and faster recovery on her ground mace toss <3 i dont bitch, i like the way she is, and she is way higher than B

Lol yes... We are only a fewHawkgirl players u.u but if you want you can add me and have some games!!!
lets doooo it. Wonder Woman vs Hawkgirllll yayyy!!!

gt = Lex Luthor II

I don't know jack but I'd say:

Ares to A tier
Cyborg to B tier
Joker to Lex tier

My cases for these changes:

Ares: I feel the ability to get behind someone from full screen in 39 frames is pretty good, especially when you have 40%+ meterless combos and solid zoning yourself. His corner game is good, he gains more than he loses from interactables and MB GS is still good despite Ares losing his reset. His only glaring flaws to me are bad backdash, bad close-range AA, and bad wakeups.

Cyborg: All I ever see this guy do is jump backwards and spam his slow-moving projectile. His trait is bad. In the end I've never watched a cyborg and said "wow, that character has a lot of potential." Maybe someone link me a good match?

Joker: Still out-zoned by almost everyone and forced to close without the tools to do so. Has 2 near-useless specials in crowbar and laughing gas. Trait is still just a 2 frame parry. Ultimately what separates this character from similar ones is chattering teeth and they don't feel strong to carry the rest of the character.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
O i will start...
Hawkgirl....

*Good zoning
*No unsafe moves
*Very good pressure
*Great air/ground tools

You forgot her long range 6 frame d1.

The only con I can think of is that most of her stuff is death on whiff.

RoGE

Noob
The top tiers in this game seem very fair vs. top tiers in a lot of other games. NRS should just keep doing what their doing and focus more on the bottom imo.

The game is still evolving though, so who knows? Maybe there'll be some BS tech with Lex.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
No one. Back to matters at hand... Tier discussion.
Well, I would like to know who else is advocating zoning in this game aside from me. Some players in this community like Perfect Legend are rush down zealots who want to get in with a teleport and apply instant offense. They cannot win a major tournament without pre-patch Scorpion, so they mistakenly bash me for normalizing the character.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Ares: I feel the ability to get behind someone from full screen in 39 frames is pretty good, especially when you have 40%+ meterless combos and solid zoning yourself. His corner game is good, he gains more than he loses from interactables and MB GS is still good despite Ares losing his reset. His only glaring flaws to me are bad backdash, bad close-range AA, and bad wakeups.
39 frames isn't anything to be proud of, that's slower than Bane charge. Also his zoning isn't all that great, its average at best. 40%+ meterless is something that a lot of characters can do, so also average. His mobility in general isn't very good...

So A tier? Not a chance. He belongs where he is, imo, but Tom said this list isn't in any order. Its just who is in it.

Well, I would like to know who else is advocating zoning in this game aside from me.
I advocate you on your ideals of character viability when you are correct about it, and when you make points with valid bits of evidence and logic behind them. Though I think in the grand scheme, people assume anyone who doesn't instantly shut your ideas out before reading them and considering the context advocates you.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
until the flashes mids are fixed Trash of TYM i believe he should be placed under nightwing and in the top 10, his b22 wiffs on certain characters, and sometimes b22f3 whiffs on all characters and leaves him at -100000. his standing 2 obviously doesnt hit mid nor does his 112 string, once they fix the mids you can add him to the top 5 list :) also if they were to ever fix the trait "glitch" where it resets cooldown from supers, transitions and and clashes you can move sinestro and the flash in the top 10, it affects those characters more than any other characters in this game.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
until the flashes mids are fixed Trash of TYM i believe he should be placed under nightwing and in the top 10, his b22 wiffs on certain characters, and sometimes b22f3 whiffs on all characters and leaves him at -100000. his standing 2 obviously doesnt hit mid nor does his 112 string, once they fix the mids you can add him to the top 5 list :) also if they were to ever fix the trait "glitch" where it resets cooldown from supers, transitions and and clashes you can move sinestro and the flash in the top 10, it affects those characters more than any other characters in this game.
Affects Bane too. And on account of me having to base my strategy around Venom usage, I'd say it affects me a good amount more than a trait you only use mid-combo.

It was a local in chicago. No GGA guys were there though so no one will probably take the results seriously lol. I got 3rd with Bane and 2nd place was Batman.
N0 shit? Good job, though I never doubted your Bane abilities. Only your math skills. ;P

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Off topic:

Honestly speaking, many of the top players M2Dave speaks to on social media don't completely dismiss and criticize anything he says to his face because they feel a level respect for him almost like a weird grandfather that says stupid things. They talk to him about his opinions while walking on eggshells to not make him sound stupid on social media.

The truth is that EVERYONE knows that he spouts nonsense on top of nonsense and is just a well spoken fraud that they just tolerate. If some random said the things M2Dave says, he'd get blown up for being an ignorant casual. It won't change though, I've already tried and given up trying to make him open his eyes to his own ridiculousness. He'll always be the parasite of TYM that'll just get defensive anytime anyone points out how absurd he is.

Well, I would like to know who else is advocating zoning in this game aside from me. Some players in this community like Perfect Legend are rush down zealots who want to get in with a teleport and apply instant offense. They cannot win a major tournament without pre-patch Scorpion, so they mistakenly bash me for normalizing the character.

Look at this expected defensive statement.

Spacing/Zoning characters like Sagat, Ryu, and Guile in SF4 aren't going to be placed in any S tier categories by any notable players these days yet they still end up winning majors across the world. But if a character isn't completely stacked with safe options against the majority of the cast from full screen then M2Dave will immediately call the character mediocre and not good. Some people need to really realize they were never really as good as they think. It's just infuriating that just because someone could put together a proper sentence and have an elitist attitude that they think they have an opinion worth listening to.

Endrant. Sorry, but I seriously had to.