What's new

Tier List through my eyes

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
why in the hell would I use scorpion now after they NUKED him. They didn't nerf him they nuked him

Max damage spear combo is 20%
Max damage mb teleport punch combo is 19%
MB teleport punch is punishable by hella members of the cast.
J3 and J1 mineswell not even be in the game anymore cause they hit nothing.
Scorpion has no footsies at all besides flip kick.
Spear on whiff and block don't even make sense for the risk vs reward. If I hit you I get 20% with meter burn. If I whiff I lose 40%+
I heard somewhere Deathstroke was nerfed worse than that. :joker:

RIF

Noob
Not everyone can be in the 'A' tier. If everyone is in that zone other, than this game is perfectly balanced and no one should be bitching.

I put Hawkgirl and Ares in the same tier. A-. Are they better than GA, Doomsday, or Deathstroke? I don't believe they are.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Ares loses to Bane so hard a proper term to describe it would imply it requires a helmet when it goes out in public.
He has no wake-ups at all ever. Bane doesn't have to care about his zoning.

And thats the sum of it. Thats all that matters. He goes down, he never gets back up.

What's wrong with wakeup teleport and wakeup MB God smack? (Serious question)
Those two have plenty of invincibility and MB Godsmack even has a hit of armor once the invincibility wears off while he's airborne.

We have a really strong Ares players here in Florida and when he was taking on BigD's Bane at CEO the wakeup situation definitely didn't seem like much of a problem with these two options.

O i will start...
Hawkgirl....

*Total air control against almost the whole cast
*Goes even with Black Adam, Superman, Wonder Woman, Killer Frost, Aquaman.... (ONLY A FEW CHARACTERS DO THAT)
*The only character that can laugh at superman's lasers, Aquaman's ground trident, Black Adam's lightening and dive kick, Nightwing's ground pound, etc...
*Good zoning
*No unsafe moves
*Very good pressure
*6 great overheads, just one low sadly
*No problem getting in except against a very few characters
*Se can easily make her opponent come to her
*Good damage, not great, but her damage still good at midscreen and godlike damage on the corner, just as everyone else
*No negative/unsafe moves
*She can be annoying as hell if you are annoying with her
*Great air/ground tools
*One of the best D2's on the game

But it's ok she is B tier :D
You just sold me on trying this character

Those two have plenty of invincibility and MB Godsmack even has a hit of armor once the invincibility wears off while he's airborne.

We have a really strong Ares players here in Florida and when he was taking on BigD's Bane at CEO the wakeup situation definitely didn't seem like much of a problem with these two options.

Honestly the teleport is pretty easy to stuff. At least from the Bane perspective. All you have to do is time the b1 coming off the ground, and connect into a special. Usually DP or the such. And MB godsmack, worst case scenario if it comes out we trade hits because venom is more than likely up. I used to not feel great about the match up, but now I feel it's one of the few pretty favorable to us.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
You just sold me on trying this character
Do it. I am. I got more out of my 30 minute Hawkgirl than my Bane or Green Arrow yesterday. Her stuff is just plain pressure and dirty from anywhere on screen and she can thread the needle and just plain "nope" out of most of the problem zoning in the game with flight and her dash moves like Mace Charge...hell they can't even catch her with homing attacks most times as fast as that move zips across the screen.

Definitely my top pick for the next character to blow up BIG in tournies.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor

123 uppercut dash in MB f.3.
Beats both of those options because Ares teleports directly into the hitbox and gets hit, and MB godsmack gets ignored since f.3 is low immune and armored. Ares has nothing that beats it, he has to guard and since f.3 is +9 he is going to have a lot of trouble getting out of the pressure. The odds of him getting knocked back down are decent, and he won't survive 4 of that, let alone with Bane's pretty gnarly meter generating abilities. If Bane has a bar of meter, Ares has to basically risk being put into the same situation or... getting put back into the situation. Thats the sum of it. If he avoids the MB f.3, he takes the command grab. If he tries to avoid the command grab, MB f.3 catches all of the options (his backdash can't get out of range).

Dont even get me started about the corner.

Still good as, if not better than Bgirl.
TBH I thought Scorpion loses a lot more matchups than Batgirl did before he got normalized. Batgirl has mixups off of her bola that are BETTER than Killer Frost's triat mixups, she doesn't need meter at all unless she wants higher damage, she has some insane tech in the corner with her batflip divekick (that I'll post tomorrow), I could go on. Scorpion lost to atleast 4 characters before the patch came out and now he loses to more characters because he does less damage, has worse jumping normals, and less damage.

XBlades

To Achieve, You must Believe
Nightwing is A because there are certain matches where he NEEDS staff stance. Then factor in some of those matches are vs power characters on a stage that is heavy on intractables.
I do not like this response at all... this is a poor reply... I need something better, If you were to say he lacks air control and loses to power characters...to the fact that he does poorly against opponents that stay airborne or air dash or interactables or disrupt his staff zoning..that would be a really good answer..

He is a really good character..just the fact that you need to put work in and you need to cover allot of air/ground game.

oh, i levelled up a lot since we last played. we should try again vs Lex. im sure your batman will still own me though.
I know you've leveled up alot bro :) ive always respected your lex and its awesome , i vsd veryfuz a while ago , he has a greatgreen arrow

Brian Warner

VeryFuz
I know you've leveled up alot bro :) ive always respected your lex and its awesome , i vsd veryfuz a while ago , he has a greatgreen arrow

I don't get on TYM much to post I just lurk a lot but I have to say wow, again man thanks for the props but dude you're Batman is as legit as can be. I really have no doubt in saying you'd be best Batman for Aus/NZ. Love it AceNinjaNZ. Keep beasting bud. The session he is referring to ended up 10-1 his favour. =)