What's new

Question - Kung Jin This might be a no brainer

Which variation should I focus more on?

• Ancestral

• Shaolin

Results are only viewable after voting.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
Shaolin is definitely more rewarding in most aspects of play. I'm not a Kung Jin player but I can definitely tell you that Shaolin is way stronger in footsies and rushdown. Ancestral has long start up gimmicks that involve zoning and there are too many characters that can punish him.
We should play lol

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
Ancestral is not worse than Kenshi. *sigh* I wish people would stop commenting on things they don't know about.
Because I have a different opinion I don't know what I'm talking about lol. Please shut up. I used Kung Jin and kenshi for months from day 1

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
You know people who say Ancestral is bad, when they use them competitively (most recent hayatei) they get mopped lmfao. At least pig can make it to top 16 with kenshi all the way

JesterSMX

It's too laggy to poke...
If you're a takeda player Shaolin's gameplan would be easier to pick up. Ancestral is "almost" variationless jin so after getting used to Shaolin you would already know most of ancestral. Play shaolin and learn ancestral on the side.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Because I have a different opinion I don't know what I'm talking about lol. Please shut up. I used Kung Jin and kenshi for months from day 1
Well sorry but you don't, and using a character from day 1 means nothing. You can have used a character since day 1 and still be shit with them, the same way you could've just picked up a character and be one of the best with them. I use both characters too and I know Ancestral is better than Kenshi is but I can actually explain why. But please, tell me why you think Ancestral is worse than Kenshi.
You know people who say Ancestral is bad, when they use them competitively (most recent hayatei) they get mopped lmfao. At least pig can make it to top 16 with kenshi all the way
Someone losing with a character doesn't make them bad either. Woundcowboy lost with Shinnok, guess he sucks too right?