What's new

This is too much... Batman Throw tech combos + more

stop downplaying yours
???????? I said adam didn't have a wakeup and that's completely true , You can stuff it with literally anything It's like using quans pre patch skydrop. I didn't say that adam needed a wakeup or that he was fine. I brought it up as a point because he said that people focus on the strong aide of the character and that Batman has no wakeup ( when in fact he does) So I brought up that adam actually doesn't have a viable wakeup but that didn't change the fact that he was extremely good. Where did I downplay here ? Stop taking things out of context and learn to read. You're the same person who was downplaying alien on release so I'm having a hard time taking you seriously whenever you post something here.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Batman's trait is the best in the game imo, if not it's either Atrocitus or maybe Darkseid. It gives him block pressure, anti-zoning, a combo on hit, it pairs super well with his J2 and mb batarangs, makes you scared to take your turn or do anything because he can just release bats and fuck you. A Batman in your grill with bats out and some meter isn't a good time. Yeah they're scary for pressure but what's even worse is if you're a character that has to come to Batman. He can just derp out and throw batarangs and sitting on bats, building bar with the threat of releasing bats and starting his offense or giving him a combo if god forbid you make a mistake. And him jumping at you with all this? Hope to God you're Aquaman lol, try anti airing Batman with Deadshot.

kcd117

Noob
A good batman player with bats can get anything he wants started on any character, and can keep them from getting their game started on him. You can't really zone batman with bats out, and you definitely can't rush him down since any gap means a full combo punish. He also can get free pressure anytime he calls a bat. I know you can pushblock his offense but not every character has batman's meter building to do so everytime.

As delusional as a 10-0 might seem at first, the more I play and think about some matchups the more I believe that a character like cheetah/scarecrow/ is never gonna beat a batman at the highest level, because for them to do so the batman player has to play the matchup completely wrong and screw up on every aspect of it, and that's just not gonna happen at the highest level lol.

Batman is not fine, he has some unbelievable dumb shit, and on top of it he has his bats trait, which is basically the ultimate defensive and offensive tool in a ridiculously short cooldown.

omooba

fear the moobs
???????? I said adam didn't have a wakeup and that's completely true , You can stuff it with literally anything It's like using quans pre patch skydrop. I didn't say that adam needed a wakeup or that he was fine. I brought it up as a point because he said that people focus on the strong aide of the character and that Batman has no wakeup ( when in fact he does) So I brought up that adam actually doesn't have a viable wakeup but that didn't change the fact that he was extremely good. Where did I downplay here ? Stop taking things out of context and learn to read. You're the same person who was downplaying alien on release so I'm having a hard time taking you seriously whenever you post something here.
you can stuff it easily is not the same as not having a wake up. against quan you could drop a combo and just keep mashing buttons and still beat it out. against adam if you're not ready for it, you can eat 40% dmg 1 bar like bruh not the same. it's not good but it's not terrible it's just whatever, comparing it to sky drop is definite
Have you ever played a good batman? And I mean a batman within the top 300? Because I've played quite a few, and the difference between one of those and every other batman is just enormous. People that aren't very skilled make batman seem balanced. He pops trait at full screen, releases while he dashes forward and then you block a low. #batmanhasnomixups. Very good batman players don't release bats until they're reacting to something. They never lose bats until they release them because they don't make stupid mistakes while trying to approach zoning. They know gaps release and full combo punish you. They constantly keep one bat trait online. They mb his batarang on block for pressure, and they absolutely suffocate you. Batman is ridiculous. He can punish anything, his j2 beats every anti-air and is singlehandedly the best normal in the game. He has kung lao style infinite mb pressure, his f3 is crazy fast and can crossup, he gets amazing damage, he has zoning and anti zoning tools and a wakeup. There isn't a tool he doesn't have, while simultaneously having the best pressure and one of the best offenses in the game. If anyone is saying that the community is upplaying or overreacting they're either bad, a batman who has been anti-air'd once in their life, or they're suffering from psychosis.
see now this is bullshit. even the top 100 players of the game (not just one character) make mistakes while coming in. did you see homelee vs omgxbdon like bruh what are you saying unless homelee is not in top 300 batmans. his j2 does not beat every anti air ( i technically also main flash). there's multiple tools he doesn't have like this is post is just ridiculous. maybe you're just bad and that's why u think he's so good. and that comment you made about releasing bats and just dashing forward omg who am i talking to. that's not at all an easy thing to deal with especially at the start of the game because if you didn't read that you're holding a mix up that gives him a bar if he gets it like bruh what r u even saying.
This post basically sums up injustice. A game made so a bunch of casuals can play badam and ji2 man and feel good.
pretty sure i've gone to more tournaments than you have and probably play more fighting games than you do but ok i'm definitely a casual. and even though my post was a joke there's a very good valid argument to be made about not teching throws at least in nrs games

DeftMonk

Noob
I'm sorry bro didn't mean to offend...but teching throws is a part of every fighting game and never should u get owned for it. It would be like being forced to allow projectiles to hit you because if you blocked it you were jailed into 40% chip.

you can stuff it easily is not the same as not having a wake up. against quan you could drop a combo and just keep mashing buttons and still beat it out. against adam if you're not ready for it, you can eat 40% dmg 1 bar like bruh not the same. it's not good but it's not terrible it's just whatever, comparing it to sky drop is definite

see now this is bullshit. even the top 100 players of the game (not just one character) make mistakes while coming in. did you see homelee vs omgxbdon like bruh what are you saying unless homelee is not in top 300 batmans. his j2 does not beat every anti air ( i technically also main flash). there's multiple tools he doesn't have like this is post is just ridiculous. maybe you're just bad and that's why u think he's so good. and that comment you made about releasing bats and just dashing forward omg who am i talking to. that's not at all an easy thing to deal with especially at the start of the game because if you didn't read that you're holding a mix up that gives him a bar if he gets it like bruh what r u even saying.

pretty sure i've gone to more tournaments than you have and probably play more fighting games than you do but ok i'm definitely a casual. and even though my post was a joke there's a very good valid argument to be made about not teching throws at least in nrs games
If you throw out a normal then yeah you'll get hit but if you do literally any string you'll stuff it lol , If you're having issues doing that it's on You , black adam has no wakeup options.

Belial

Noob
People are not even remotely close to using batman to its fullest. Nevermind punishing gaps,he has crazy stuff like combo off slide with bats etc, he has broken up batarangs that have no recovery. b11uprang full combo, safe on wiff, free pressure on block. This move has no recovery and can be cancelled off multiple strings. It provides insane neurtal and wakeups to batman and very few people realize that. Actually try mixing stuff like 113-uprang and 11 (+1), b11uprang. And you will be surprised how ridiculous it is. Try other strings. f2~uprang = Wiffpunish or free pressure. etc etc etc.

People saying batman has no wakeup LOL. Up batarang - you failed a meaty? boom. You jump. boom. You try to bait it? free pressure. Basically he FORCES you to go for a meaty every time. Batman maybe has best WKA game in Injustice, since it completely locks opponent down to doing meaty. From there you can lay down and punish meaty, you can slide, parry etc. Something most people also dont realize and dont use yet.

Nevermind the beautiful moments when uprang is flying somewhere beneath the clouds already and you feel safe from it. Its at the roof. what could go wrong fight. Boom . he EX ed it. It hit you somehow right from the ceiling where no move should ever reach you. and like 1/2 screen away.

Have you even seen batman throw up batarang wiff it and then another upbatarang. Thats quite a fireworks to see. You cant get around it at all as long as he has meter its like a trump wall for the rest of the cast.

THEN he has his broken jump2 he doesnt even need. He is supposed to have great pressure but poor neutral. so to fix that they gave him bats. ON TOP OF IT they gave him j2 and up batarang that turn his neutral into nightmare. and BATS also turn his defence into a nightmare.

If you just think about his tools and what he can do with them this character is BY FAR the best in Injustice 2. Adam, Aqua, Superman and Deadshot are strong and easy, thats why they are winning. But they are not even close to batman power level. not. even. close.

DeftMonk

Noob
People are not even remotely close to using batman to its fullest. Nevermind punishing gaps,he has crazy stuff like combo off slide with bats etc, he has broken up batarangs that have no recovery. b11uprang full combo, safe on wiff, free pressure on block. This move has no recovery and can be cancelled off multiple strings. It provides insane neurtal and wakeups to batman and very few people realize that. Actually try mixing stuff like 113-uprang and 11 (+1), b11uprang. And you will be surprised how ridiculous it is. Try other strings. f2~uprang = Wiffpunish or free pressure. etc etc etc.

People saying batman has no wakeup LOL. Up batarang - you failed a meaty? boom. You jump. boom. You try to bait it? free pressure. Basically he FORCES you to go for a meaty every time. Batman maybe has best WKA game in Injustice, since it completely locks opponent down to doing meaty. From there you can lay down and punish meaty, you can slide, parry etc. Something most people also dont realize and dont use yet.

Nevermind the beautiful moments when uprang is flying somewhere beneath the clouds already and you feel safe from it. Its at the roof. what could go wrong fight. Boom . he EX ed it. It hit you somehow right from the ceiling where no move should ever reach you. and like 1/2 screen away.

Have you even seen batman throw up batarang wiff it and then another upbatarang. Thats quite a fireworks to see. You cant get around it at all as long as he has meter its like a trump wall for the rest of the cast.

THEN he has his broken jump2 he doesnt even need. He is supposed to have great pressure but poor neutral. so to fix that they gave him bats. ON TOP OF IT they gave him j2 and up batarang that turn his neutral into nightmare. and BATS also turn his defence into a nightmare.

If you just think about his tools and what he can do with them this character is BY FAR the best in Injustice 2. Adam, Aqua, Superman and Deadshot are strong and easy, thats why they are winning. But they are not even close to batman power level. not. even. close.
U've convinced me bro. I'm joining the bat clan.

ChoseDeath

Seriously Casual Player.
In injustice 1, Cyborg beat several characters 10/0. He literally had a block infinite on several characters. And yet, at that time, those characters were beating Cyborg players.

Again, a mu number is a hypothetical. It's not some mystical prophecy that automatically makes a character win. If the person controlling that character doesn't know how to abuse the mu then the mu number won't apply to that fight, plain and simple.

So no, I'm not 100% wrong and there is plenty I can say about it. And again, if you want to hash this out I'd be happy to do it via pm or a separate thread, but I don't want to derail this one.
Ignore him. Tweedy is an example of how morons can triumph at things in life. Because he's a very good fighting game player, and an idiot (as far as TYM posts go). It's inspiring really.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
http://imgur.com/BDzSp5Q
Yes, I clearly am bad. Assuredly, I cannot have an opinion as I am 5 ranking points away from @Pig Of The Hut . Real though, my argument hinged on batman being a high skillcap character. Dashing at someone fullscreen and releasing bats is alright, but the really disgusting players just hold on to the bats until their opponent actually does something. I don't even understand what you're trying to argue when you tried to negate my point only to assert that what I consider an inferior strategy is actually incredibly strong, whereas you're trying to argue that batman isn't? Your whole point about the homelee bdon match is just negated by the fact that homelee didn't know that matchup at all. And how could he, no one plays fate as well as bdon does atm. For instance wakeup ankh isn't real. You can actually just meaty it. @Belial Highlighted some wonderful points about mr.waynes strengths, as did @IrishMantis . Why Wouldn't you just crossup j2 throw now? You opponent is forced to take the 12 % and you keep bats. What in the fuck kind of gameplay could someone abusing this create? And it's not to say that your character doesn't have problems. It's easy to see problems from the drivers seat. Black Adam, for instance, doesn't have a viable wakeup. Captain Cold, a character widely agreed upon as being bottom 10, can fucking mop adam if he gets an icicle setup in the corner. Yet Adam is considered #1. Character evaluation is about weighing your characters strengths and weaknesses and comparing those to the rest of the cast. Yes, Adam is not the literal best fighting game character that ever existed, but he's certainly within the top 3 in power level as compared to everyone else in this game. The thing is, i'm not even crying for him to be nerfed into the ground. I honestly just think his bats need to have less hit advantage so he can't convert off of literally fucking everything, bats need to go away on a tech or there needs to be an invincibility window to tech throws, and the bats need to have like a second or 1.5 seconds longer cooldown. This coupled with buffs to like half the cast obviously. Batman losing 6-4 to Aquaman because of his trait and d2 isn't a character flaw bro.
lol are we really using ranked match rank as a barometer to be taken seriously?

ChoseDeath

Seriously Casual Player.

The very last part of your post is what I'm sending this response to. All I'm saying is, I totally agree with the not teching throws thing. I think that is some really good shit in these games and it has saved my ass quite a few times. Now, I don't think it's a bad mechanic, being completely apathetic about throws, because I hate throw loops. I'm glad NRS doesn't make it so you getting thrown puts you in a really bad situation. But no one ever talks about it and I'm glad you brought it up!

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
Is Batman hard to learn? I'll play a tournament this thursday and i'm looking to learn a top tier character because Green Arrow and Doctor Fate are not enough to win a tournament.

With this Batman tech, he might be top 1. Can i learn him untill this thursday?

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Is Batman hard to learn? I'll play a tournament this thursday and i'm looking to learn a top tier character because Green Arrow and Doctor Fate are not enough to win a tournament.

With this Batman tech, he might be top 1. Can i learn him untill this thursday?
Learn Aquaman. I still have Batman as 3. Aquaman only loses to Ivy imo(so far) and she isn't a super popular character. Aquaman is the easiest character to use imo. Great buttons, very easy execution, mb trident rush, trait, best anti airs in the game, very strong grip on the neutral. And to top it off, Aquaman is the truest counter pick to Batman. He can fight all the the top tier characters and he just dumpsters the shitty characters. With ease of use being weighed against how good he is, there's no reason to not have a pocket Aquaman imo. Good luck at your tournament.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
lul look at this belil guy go. they have a practice mode tor a reason luttle buddy.

it provides insane neurtal and wakeups to batman and very few people realize that. Actually try mixing stuff like 113-uprang and 11 (+1), b11uprang. And you will be surprised how ridiculous it is. Try other strings. f2~uprang = Wiffpunish or free pressure. etc etc etc.
ok i tried it bro

oh i got punished for galf my life sick

113 up rang

wow thats pretty cool bro nice "free" pressure batman gets there

alright ill check this out sounds hella broken my man

wow man you rite all his wakeups losing to neutral jump, meaty crossup , armor etc is so gdlk

shoutouts to " i failed a meaty so i got hit" try playing a non nrs game where meaties actually matters lul how is that even batmans fault lets see whats next

more whining about up rang and j2 whatever lul who cares
a lot of you have no clue what youre talking about, but thanks for playing belul glad i could help lul. yes batman is pretty good and they should take throw tech punish out of the game in general as a few characters can do it, but next time hit the lab instead of crying about fake things thanks everybody

Last edited:

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
lul look at this belil guy go. they have a practice mode tor a reason luttle buddy.

ok i tried it bro

113 up rang

wow thats pretty cool bro nice free pressure batman gets there

alright ill check this out

wow man you rite all his wakeups losing to neutral jump, meaty crossup , armor etc is so gdlk

shoutouts to " i failed a meaty so i got hit" try playing a non nrs game where meaties actually matters lul how is that even batmans fault lets see whats next

a lot of you have no clue what youre talking about, but thanks for playing belul glad i could help lul. next time hit the lab instead of crying thanks everybody
I think Batman is messed up but that was a quality post lol

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
http://imgur.com/BDzSp5Q
Yes, I clearly am bad. Assuredly, I cannot have an opinion as I am 5 ranking points away from @Pig Of The Hut . Real though, my argument hinged on batman being a high skillcap character. Dashing at someone fullscreen and releasing bats is alright, but the really disgusting players just hold on to the bats until their opponent actually does something. I don't even understand what you're trying to argue when you tried to negate my point only to assert that what I consider an inferior strategy is actually incredibly strong, whereas you're trying to argue that batman isn't? Your whole point about the homelee bdon match is just negated by the fact that homelee didn't know that matchup at all. And how could he, no one plays fate as well as bdon does atm. For instance wakeup ankh isn't real. You can actually just meaty it. @Belial Highlighted some wonderful points about mr.waynes strengths, as did @IrishMantis . Why Wouldn't you just crossup j2 throw now? You opponent is forced to take the 12 % and you keep bats. What in the fuck kind of gameplay could someone abusing this create? And it's not to say that your character doesn't have problems. It's easy to see problems from the drivers seat. Black Adam, for instance, doesn't have a viable wakeup. Captain Cold, a character widely agreed upon as being bottom 10, can fucking mop adam if he gets an icicle setup in the corner. Yet Adam is considered #1. Character evaluation is about weighing your characters strengths and weaknesses and comparing those to the rest of the cast. Yes, Adam is not the literal best fighting game character that ever existed, but he's certainly within the top 3 in power level as compared to everyone else in this game. The thing is, i'm not even crying for him to be nerfed into the ground. I honestly just think his bats need to have less hit advantage so he can't convert off of literally fucking everything, bats need to go away on a tech or there needs to be an invincibility window to tech throws, and the bats need to have like a second or 1.5 seconds longer cooldown. This coupled with buffs to like half the cast obviously. Batman losing 6-4 to Aquaman because of his trait and d2 isn't a character flaw bro.
dude lol......did you just bring up "ranking" points as a reason as to why you are good?

SwagMountains

Yes we Kahn
@wsj515 @Pig Of The Hut @Tweedy @B. Shazzy Look guys I really wasn't trying to start anything, say i'm great, brag, or be elitist. I was just trying to say that a character with a high skill cap is more effective at higher levels, and that my belief stems from playing people like shazzy and getting absolutely mopped. I deleted my comments because my argumentation didn't further the discussion in any meaningful way. Thanks for the gangbang. Felt great.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
I think Batman is messed up but that was a quality post lol
command grabs having no recovery is messed up
invincible safe wakeups is messe up
zoning meterbuild is messed up
aquaman b123 being plus is messed up
everything catwoman does is messed up
black adam divekick 50/50s and damage is messed
atrocitus dot and trait is messed up

thats the game who cares about batmans trait lul character isnt even top 5 in this game and theres like 2 batman players that know what theyre doing while 50 black adams/ aquamans/ atrocitus take a hint

@wsj515 @Pig Of The Hut @Tweedy @B. Shazzy Look guys I really wasn't trying to start anything, say i'm great, brag, or be elitist. I was just trying to say that a character with a high skill cap is more effective at higher levels, and that my belief stems from playing people like shazzy and getting absolutely mopped. I deleted my comments because my argumentation didn't further the discussion in any meaningful way. Thanks for the gangbang. Felt great.
what i didnt mention you ever lul

Last edited: