What's new

This Is A Hunt I've Longed For: Cheetah General Discussion

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
D3 is my panic option because I don't know how negative they are this early in the game. You get a setup but I need an optimized punish that I'm still looking for.
Don't be afraid to use d3 just because it's basic. It's an amazing button. It also has almost twice as much range as standing 1 so it will catch a lot of things that standing 1 won't.

22~mb.d3 is also a good bounce-cancel punisher at 9-frames. I like 122 better, but standing 2 does have slightly more range than standing 1.

If you have trait out, 112~db2 does 370 damage, which is a damn good meterless punish. Even without trait, it still does 199, has huge corner carry, and gives you a free Blood Lunge.

Finally, if you're around a bounce interactable, do any starter (including 112) canceled into the bounce, then catch them with j3-112-[ender]: 400ish meterless damage

Last edited:

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
Alright so most of us in this thread end combos with db1 or dbf1. Noobe has been ending a lot of his combos in df2 instead. What's the benefit of this? Is the dp better or is it a style thing?

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Is it just nerves or something, or is there a reason Noobe basically ignored trait for all of his matches?
I always forget to use it too, except for the d2~trait combos. I think he was holding out for that combo, since he did land it early on, but then he just never got the chance. I wanted him to meter-burn that car interactable during that last match.

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
You can't trait against atrocitus outside of a b3 combo and he dropped the b3 for one of the few command grabs he got. You can't let him breathe at all. Cat = lost round.

If hes ending in db2 hes hit confirming that the juggle is too high, you don't won't to drop damage because dbf1 whiffs in tournament.

Lastly DONT do d1db2 to juggle in the corner after db2. D1db1 is way more damage and safer.

Noobe playing fantastic on the movement front, I was tilted when he was getting pushblock instead of mb f3 reversal, especially when it would of blew up tekken master. Such a shame :(

Lets hope he runs it back in losers!

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Alright so most of us in this thread end combos with db1 or dbf1. Noobe has been ending a lot of his combos in df2 instead. What's the benefit of this? Is the dp better or is it a style thing?
Dbf1 leaves them close with you at +31. Db2 sends them full-screen with you at +40, which is enough for a free Blood Lunge. If trait is out, db2 does more damage, otherwise dbf1 typically does more. It could have also been tournament nerves, though. Db2 is easier to do and is extremely consistent; dbf1 is more difficult and is easy to whiff.

JesterSMX

It's too laggy to poke...
Noobe has also had access to Cheetah for as long as us. Lots to still learn and apply. If I drop dbf1 once in a match its dp all day. Muscle memory isn't 100% yet.

With trait I've been working on doing starter-mb db1-dash under-112-trait. It's not a hkd but if you catch the 112 high enough they can't jump or backdash and you get a truly ambiguous jump in. I don't know what side I'm gonna land on. Only way out is tech rolling or some wakeups. In the corner its pretty legit. I'm trying to find a way to do b2-trait at end of combos but it's not there yet.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
So it turns out that Cheetah can't punish any of Supergirl's gaps. If she tries to punish and Supergirl uses cold breath, they trade, but Cheetah gets stuck in the full hit animation that puts Supergirl around +30.

Hello guy, NRS said that the recent patch didn't change any character, but I found a hidden change in Cheeta's db.2 (air version), cuz before patch she was able to do this especial move delayed after j.2, but now...Nothing happens :/
Does anyone else had tried this before and after patch?

Last edited:

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Cheetah - Batman. Is my answer in that matchup to pick Fate? D:
I doubt Fate does much better. Batman can jump and float above his zoning and counterzone as well. And up close he absolutely wins, no contest.

But yes, I'll stick my neck out and declare Cheetah vs Batman as borderline unwinnable.

JesterSMX

I doubt Fate does much better. Batman can jump and float above his zoning and counterzone as well. And up close he absolutely wins, no contest.

But yes, I'll stick my neck out and declare Cheetah vs Batman as borderline unwinnable.
I played a Batman and he would trait up and chill. It was literally a shield against cheetah. I got lucky once and d3'd under the bat but every other time he had a free combo starter.

On another note I would like command jump input to be changed to db3. Maybe its not that bad offline but against deadshot I don't have enough time to stand up and do an input that ends in forward without getting hit. The move is for mobility against zoners but ending in forward walks you into their next projectile. Maybe I'm a scrub.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I played a Batman and he would trait up and chill. It was literally a shield against cheetah. I got lucky once and d3'd under the bat but every other time he had a free combo starter.

On another note I would like command jump input to be changed to db3. Maybe its not that bad offline but against deadshot I don't have enough time to stand up and do an input that ends in forward without getting hit. The move is for mobility against zoners but ending in forward walks you into their next projectile. Maybe I'm a scrub.
It's also way too easy to get an accidental MB.Blood Lunge going from blocking to mb.f3.

bishbash

Magic as easy as 1 2 standing3
Only been playing the game for a couple of days so sorry if this has already been covered here but what are we doing against cyborg? I had the pleasure of trying to chase down a reasonably high level Borg yesterday, very frustrating.

JesterSMX

Any ideas for SuperGirl and Darkseid?

I have to guess what wakeup SuperGirl is going to do every time I knock her down. Cheetah's game is oki and against her its almost a lose lose.

With Darkseid I can't even low profile a high beam with pounce stance (wtf?) Or mb roll without getting hit. Its beams all day until trait then he goes in for a setup. If I'm right he does a safe wakeup and the nuetral is reset regardless.

Any pointers?

Zionix

AKA Ponkster

I have to guess what wakeup SuperGirl is going to do every time I knock her down. Cheetah's game is oki and against her its almost a lose lose.

With Darkseid I can't even low profile a high beam with pounce stance (wtf?) Or mb roll without getting hit. Its beams all day until trait then he goes in for a setup. If I'm right he does a safe wakeup and the nuetral is reset regardless.

Any pointers?
For supergirl in ranked i just always use mb f3 on her wake-up, its a given she will wake-up and it wins everytime.

Against a real opponent in a set you just have to respect it sadly.

With Darkseid you just have to make yourself enter his deadzone. Where it is too risky for him to do his high laser or close (low) one. Once there just make good reads and win. His plus on block wake-up is retarded but we can pounce over his head and whiff punish with air db2.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Dbf1 leaves them close with you at +31. Db2 sends them full-screen with you at +40, which is enough for a free Blood Lunge. If trait is out, db2 does more damage, otherwise dbf1 typically does more. It could have also been tournament nerves, though. Db2 is easier to do and is extremely consistent; dbf1 is more difficult and is easy to whiff.
Primal range is only +40 when you hit a grounded oponent... After a long combo it has less than half that advantage and even when you hit your oponent on the ground, you din't get a free blood lunge, I use it a lot but it's a gimmick honestly since it can be easily anti-aired... People are just not doing it yet,

JesterSMX

For supergirl in ranked i just always use mb f3 on her wake-up, its a given she will wake-up and it wins everytime.

Against a real opponent in a set you just have to respect it sadly.

With Darkseid you just have to make yourself enter his deadzone. Where it is too risky for him to do his high laser or close (low) one. Once there just make good reads and win. His plus on block wake-up is (soap bar in my mouth) but we can pounce over his head and whiff punish with air db2.
Wakeup teleport will punish mb f3 for supergirl. Wakeup hits armor then she punishes you during recovery. Expect the teleport and you walk right into the straight up one.

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
Wakeup teleport will punish mb f3 for supergirl. Wakeup hits armor then she punishes you during recovery. Expect the teleport and you walk right into the straight up one.
It has no invincible frames the only reason teleport would work is if you do a late F3 after knockdown.

alkipot

Purse first, ass last.

Any pointers?
I'm almost certain you can low profile Darkseid's wakeup knee with D3.

JesterSMX

It has no invincible frames the only reason teleport would work is if you do a late F3 after knockdown.
I hear you and I get that but with delayed wakeup... I'm still the one that has to guess. I'll lab it. Need to find out how many more frames delayed is so if i whiff mb f3 (just wasted a bar thats hard to get) what I can do to keep my turn].

Edit: Can you delay wakeup a hkd?

Espio

Kokomo
I was in the lab and thinking about the direction of the meta for her and while some have brought up her gaps often, there's a special caveat for that. This caveat also applies to her command grabs on block.

Cancelling her strings on block into pounce catches the recovery frames of back dashes, even Cheetah's godlike backdash is vulnerable to this tactic so it gives her a meta game to play with the opponent so even though she lacks the range to really chase down back dashes on the ground, she can do so with lunge and if you're wrong and they simply block, at least you're out of dodge and safe so it's a nice little nuance to think about for keeping people on their toes.

The core strings/buttons I use when I play her now are: Back 1,1, (sometimes I use the last hit of the string down 3) as it is starts with a low, is 12 frames with decent range and Back 1,1 is gapless, safe and you can obviously cancel into pounce or back dash if you choose to do so. It's great for conditioning with down 3 so you can set up a low grab scenario.

Forward 2,3 is my other staple string. The safety, the fact that Forward 2 is neutral on block, breaks armor and such is huge and on hit you can hit the grab on the end to go into her super plus restand and the full string is only minus 4 on block. She gets pretty decent cancel advantage to go into lunge to get out of dodge.

Down 2 and down 1 I'm thinking of making my go to tick throws primarily.

1,1,2 and 1,2, throw will remain extremely prudent for armor breaking and the mix up you can glean from combining the two despite gaps.

Standing 2 is her good mid button check and 2,2 is decent too, especially if you think the opponent will back dash, you can scout them and either continue the pressure or get a punish.

I LOVE to do regular throws, people are always expecting low or high command grab, but there's no reason not to mix in regular throw on a regular basis with her.

Back 2 I like for its speed, range, pushback and safety, just a really decent check neutral plus the throw options you can tag on obviously.

Just some ideas I'm throwing around, really excited to see how she develops over time.