What's new

This game is boring to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Immortal

Blind justice....
The problem here is that this is a forum and just because you don't agree with the man or what he's saying doesn't mean it's a moronic thread or he's stupid for saying it. And since when did having criticism of something mean you absolutely hated the thing you are talking about/playing/watching? Such attitudes is what curtails growth and this community needs less of that and more development.

I've seen people make threads literally 10x worst than what you think this one is and I haven't seen you insult them nor react to them in this way. How can we encourage everyone to sit down and express their opinions while in the same vein attack them for saying it, in an open forum nonetheless?
This is a forum and he can post whatever he likes within forum rules. That much is true. Moronic was a bad word for it so im first to apolagize for it.

That being said coming to NRS forum to create a thread that watching NRS game is boring is well wierd to say the least. There are no facts supporting that statement. And whats the goal here? What did he expect to achieve by posting something like this on NRS forums? This makes no sense. He could've made a status post or a twitter post if he really felt he needed to share that with somebody.

Posting things like this for sure won't make the community better in any way.

Furious Pillow only won the match because he (Hayatei) didn't know the match-up and how you could easily react to Kotal's stuff and even neutral block them. I wouldn't call it an "insane" match, kind of a bad match-up honestly and Big names get eliminated all the time this is nothing new.
Doesn't really matter he didn't know the MU, since it's so bad for Kotal and Hayatei is such a good player + Pillow made insane reads. Maybe instead of lecturing others show some respect to the player who deserve it......

stokedAF

casual kahnage
I disagree. Not every match I watched was exciting but I’m starting to recognize more players and I appreciate high level stuff because I’m not on their level. Watching makes me want to play and get better. If you are already good and aren’t learning anything then I could see how it gets boring.

This is a forum and he can post whatever he likes within forum rules. That much is true. Moronic was a bad word for it so im first to apolagize for it.

That being said coming to NRS forum to create a thread that watching NRS game is boring is well wierd to say the least. There are no facts supporting that statement. And whats the goal here? What did he expect to achieve by posting something like this on NRS forums? This makes no sense. He could've made a status post or a twitter post if he really felt he needed to share that with somebody.

Posting things like this for sure won't make the community better in any way.

Doesn't really matter he didn't know the MU, since it's so bad for Kotal and Hayatei is such a good player + Pillow made insane reads. Maybe instead of lecturing others show some respect to the player who deserve it......
So where else you'd expect him to write the comment about his displeasure in watching this game because it's boring at then? The Geriatric club for 80-year-old men and women? Come on now you're nitpicking just to be nitpicking for something and that's not cool! You really think he's the only one who finds it boring to watch? You'd be hard-pressed to see that a lot of people (outside of this hive mentality sphere you've cultivated,) also agrees with the OP of this post and even in this same thread, someone else said they find it boring and doesn't fit him either. Will you go after him as well for having that same comment all because you differ in opinion?

He's talking about MORTAL KOMABT, in an MORTAL KOMBAT-orientated thread/forum, and will indeed provide insight to the minority views that a forum is supposed to espouse and to entertain, correct? This hive mentality and elitist attitude like this is killing the community more than someone saying they find MK11 boring.

Immortal

Blind justice....
You do realize ton Brady was and " embassador" for mk9 along with pl?
Dude, seriously you very knowledge about the subject if you think that matter. I really am a nice guy and all but this is just .....

Brady over past 15 years (and i know i was around) talked some much shitty things that you could write a book about it. Not to mention constant tantrums, calling characters garbage, uninstalling the game 10 times a week, making statements which then became meme for years.... Like seriously Brady opinion really doesn't no where near as much weight as you're trying to give it.

So where else you'd expect him to write the comment about his displeasure in watching this game because it's boring at then? The Geriatric club for 80-year-old men and women? Come on now you're nitpicking just to be nitpicking for something and that's not cool! You really think he's the only one who finds it boring to watch? You'd be hard-pressed to see that a lot of people (outside of this hive mentality sphere you've cultivated,) also agrees with the OP of this post and even in this same thread, someone else said they find it boring and doesn't fit him either. Will you go after him as well for having that same comment all because you differ in opinion?

He's talking about MORTAL KOMABT, in an MORTAL KOMBAT-orientated thread/forum, and will indeed provide insight to the minority views that a forum is supposed to espouse and to entertain, correct? This hive mentality and elitist attitude like this is killing the community more than someone saying they find MK11 boring.
You're overexaggerating like by a lot. He could've made a status post and it would be just fine, i've apologized for the word which was out of place and that's about it.

AbeW

Noob
I know realize alot of ppl on here get upset when you talk trash about their game, but I could care less. Yet again, we have a slowing but surely dying game that will not last long in tournaments. If you guys think seeing the same characters in top 8
is hype, then I guess watching the Patriots go the Superbowl every year is fun to watch as well.
It has very simplistic barebones mechanics in comparison to its predecessor MKX, Tekken, DoA, etc. Hence, it gets boring very quick. But, this design pulls in noobs from other genres and is good to generate revenue. Sophisticated fighters can overwhelm the noobs/scrublords and is not good for sales. Sad but true.

kevkopdx

Noob
I don’t mind the more technical gameplay along with the more stripped down characters... and let me preface this by saying I’ve enjoyed watching it for the most part, BUT the top tiers in this game are really boring to watch for me. It doesn’t seem as impressive to pull off clutch wins with Geras, Jacqui or Sonya etc, when their toolkits are so much better than half the cast. I have hope things will be ironed out by the next patch and we might have a really great game to watch/play.
Personally I think this is a great topic to discuss because viewership is really important for a game to thrive.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
@AfroBreezy

You're the one who made the complaint thread about not knowing how to stop people from jumping on wakeup. You called and game terrible because of it.

I think this thread is coming from a frustrated bias viewpoint.

This game is the most solid fundamental game Nrs has made so far. It has its bs in it like everything else, but there is a ton of depth to it and there is an answer for everything.

Tom Brady said NRS can't make a proper fundamental game 6 years ago. He was right. Fast forward to the present and you have something actually really respectable that top players like for its solid play.

If you can't see that, it's fine. If you just don't like it, that's fine. But comparing games' view numbers and all this, it just looks like you're just fishing for validation for your idea of the game being bad because it doesn't play like you want it to.

Either level up or just move on completely. But just calling the game terrible multiple different ways in multiple different threads isn't helping you do either man.

Just let people enjoy their game; view numbers, characters, and all.

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
Thank you. Someone here with a actual brain understands
So someone only has a brain if they find it boring? You say you like Tekken? I personally find that game boring as hell to watch, but I dont go to the Tekken forums and shit on their game. You could've just made a status update and called it a day, but you wanted to create some drama so you made a thread. Is your life that boring?

Sounds like a you problem?

I love watching MK11 because every match feels tense as hell. It's the same reason I love playing it.
I somewhat agree with the OP, but matches definitely are tense. All that pressure, conditioning, and the mind games I use with every match....I'm about to seal the deal, and boom! I get hit with some dumbass fatal blow. All that hard work goes out the window. I got punished for trying to fight somebody in a fighting game. The guy that's getting his ass kicked gets rewarded with a free 300 damage crutch. Even if I do survive, I have to sit there for at least 7 seconds to watch the same animation I saw for the thousandth time, completely killing my momentum. Finally got that spamming Jade piece of trash in the corner? Haha fuck you, here's a wakeup roll! "Just block", "that's your fault", "you're just bad", "it's part of the game". In other words, "don't use the character that you like using."
That's right, pick Erron or Geras. Play like a complete piece of shit. Spam projectiles. Spam pokes. Button mash. Abuse those cheap crushing blows. Then tbag at the end like you're good player. Let me digress. The bible says in the last days, men will become lovers of themselves. There is no more pride, no more class, no more honor. Unfortunately, this doesn't exclude the absolute scumbags and tryhards and psychopaths in videogames today. I'm not even a Christian but damn. My faith strengthens with every teleporting Scorpion I fight.
TLDR
It's a videogame. It's not meant to be taken seriously. I love it and I play the hell out of it almost everyday. But there is a lot of cheap shit that happens which can drive people away.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Disagree with this.

This is the most fun I've had watching NRS tournaments since MK9. I didn't even follow the scene in INJ1, MKX, or INJ2. Those games were boring to watch.

If you didn't get hype watching DJT vs Forever King Jr when DJT was walking him down with 1 HP, idk what to tell you.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Hard disagree. If you know anything about what’s happening in the matches, MK11 is great as an MK fan and as a fighting game fan. A lot of high level aspects that a normal person doesn’t even recognize is going on at any given moment. MK11 is not only the best NRS game to play, it’s the most fun to watch.

I realize y’all just need something else to complain about, but it’s getting ridiculous at this point.

And yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but this didn’t deserve its own thread. Could have been a status update.

D

Deleted member 35141

Using viewership is not a good indicator as its a weekend and personally I don't have time to watch a live tournament but I will go back and watch it on YouTube. This day and age I'm surprised people still dont understand this as YouTube gets millions of views.

Status
Not open for further replies.