What's new

Things you must have in a character

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Just wondering if anyone else does stuff like this. In fighting games I always play characters that use mainly kicks for normals or have a sword for primary attacks. Also if possible I love to play lightning based characters cause I think being able to control lightning and use it is insanely badass.

So what kind of special characteristics or "themes" do you look for when you want to choose a character?

And screw all you guys that just instantly look for the most broken.

zaf

professor
My characters need to be metal and zoners/ very lame gameplay.

Ermac is made of souls, which is pretty metal, but his alt costume 2 is really dark. Which i like.

I think raiden is kinda metal too. He is the lightning god and protector of earth. That reminds me of thor. Thor is beyond metal. But i dont use raiden as a main just in casuals.

But then again this game is dark and i consider a lot of characters to be metal

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
Well rounded, balanced, under-rated/under-used, and most importantly, salt inducing.

As for themes, I usually play the "good-side". (With the exception of Reptile)

SLy

Noob
I tend to lean torwards characters that dominates mid range. Those tend to be the characters with good spacing and anti airs..
I also have a soft spot for Villains..

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Well rounded, balanced, under-rated/under-used, and most importantly, salt inducing.

As for themes, I usually play the "good-side". (With the exception of Reptile)
I would like to say that I too like to use character that aren't as popular. It's fun because the style you have with that character is genuinely your own. Plus, not as many people know the match-up and think the character sucks so yeah, they get salty as hell when they lose.

McNasty

Moist.
Im drawn to the grand master sensei types, basically old ass characters. Other then that I like huge damage and long anime style combos. Mobility in mk9 is my shit.

Whoever has the awesome combos cause of i have to look at a BnB 5 million times i want it to look cool. (321 elbow dash njp).
Also coming from melee i like button heavy shit. It has that sense of "i have trained my hands in the art of fg combat to perfection"

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
I would like to say that I too like to use character that aren't as popular. It's fun because the style you have with that character is genuinely your own. Plus, not as many people know the match-up and think the character sucks so yeah, they get salty as hell when they lose.
Yea, only reason I picked up Liu in 2011. It would have been Reptile, but TylerLantern happened.

zaf - Butterflies are pretty metal. I'll edit my post to tell you why, if you don't believe me.