What's new

Things you felt like should have been in MKX? (Not regarding Balance or Netcode)

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
For starters:

Beginner guide/Trial Mode for characters, though with three variations for each character that may of been a very difficult challenge.

Being able to turn off certain weather effects like in Sky Temple, lightning irritates my eyes especially in the left corner and the rain makes certain effects rough to see. I'll likely just request other players not to pick that stage.

Online:

The ability to pair/match up with players for team battles
When searching for an opponent for Ranked/Player matches, only being able to search for green/yellow bar connections. This way you at least get the best connection possible. Other games do this, surprised MKX did not have this feature.

Feel free to add anything, and of course please keep it civil. Constructive criticism is the best criticism.

RiverHB

Noob
If I understand it correctly, they are patching in the option to back out of Ranked games if your opponent does not have a green bar. Kind of funny because I have not seen a green bar once when connecting with an online opponent.

I know there are hidden stage Brutalities, but I wish there were stage Fatalities. It's just part of MK.

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
If I understand it correctly, they are patching in the option to back out of Ranked games if your opponent does not have a green bar. Kind of funny because I have not seen a green bar once when connecting with an online opponent.

I know there are hidden stage Brutalities, but I wish there were stage Fatalities. It's just part of MK.
They should just give you the matchmaking option period IMO. I don't really get what allowing me to back out if the bars are not green is going to do when it comes to the fact the matchmaking system pairs me with reds and no bars.

As for the stage fatalities, yeah. I would of liked those more than the faction kills but hey, some things do need breaks.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
For starters:

Beginner guide/Trial Mode for characters, though with three variations for each character that may of been a very difficult challenge.

Being able to turn off certain weather effects like in Sky Temple, lightning irritates my eyes especially in the left corner and the rain makes certain effects rough to see. I'll likely just request other players not to pick that stage.

Online:

When searching for an opponent for Ranked/Player matches, only being able to search for green/yellow bar connections. This way you at least get the best connection possible. Other games do this, surprised MKX did not have this feature.

Feel free to add anything, and of course please keep it civil. Constructive criticism is the best criticism.
They said in the last Kast that they are adding the feature to ranked to back out of a fight if you don't have Green Bars.

It would be nice to be able to go into training in KOTH when there are only 3 people,

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
I talked to a few other people they seem to have the problem too. Sometimes cannot join a king of the hill at all. Sometimes practice mode is not available for me in King of the hill

D

Deleted member 9158

For starters:

Online:

On their last stream with Jason I believe they mentioned that they were going to be implementing an option to pass on someone in ranked if their ping was Red or Grey.

Smoke, because Smoke.

Online training mode to help learn match-ups or just get basic character training under your belt with someone else.

Deeper tutorial system, rather than just "press this button to punch."

Anything at all that isn't the Krypt. Seriously, my hatred of that place burns with the fury of 1,000 suns.

Better regional matchmaking. I swear, every time I get matched with someone online they're playing from the future.

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
-Stage Fatalities.
-A mute button for single battles.or voice audio selection in the options menu.
-Friendships.
-Quan Chi's WOOLAY!
-Liu Kang's original bicycle kick scream/sound.
-Scorpion having a more versatile combo move set (I would have preferred more stuff from Injustice for his Ninjutsu variation for example, he utilized the swords much more)
-The option to deactivate automatic match recording (it clogs up your cloud if you don't delete it) or at least not have it upload to your save game cloud storage.
-Threshold for ping match ups (e.g. you can choose to only fight green bars) but this is going to be implemented soon.
-DLC stages.