What's new

Things From IGAU That You Hope WON'T Make It In Injustice 2

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Hunting down videos of other members and then going back and forth with "aha you aren't good" posts is just a step below internet stalking in my opinion and I'm not really cool with it (cmon cossner you did that in a Kano thread too. Also not cool WiseMonkey Leave some folks be).
Wait so, you're in a forum about a fighting game and we're not supposed to discuss gameplay footage? Should we just assume that everyone is an expert on everything and just take their word for it?

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
Hunting down videos of other members and then going back and forth with "aha you aren't good" posts is just a step below internet stalking in my opinion and I'm not really cool with it (cmon cossner you did that in a Kano thread too. Also not cool WiseMonkey Leave some folks be).
With all due respect dear mod shaowebb, we're a salt-induced community that help each other for those who reach out for it. While that is also true, if a person falsely testifies to anything and spreads misinformation in this community, the tradition is a blow-up.

Everyone deserves a blowup based on inaccurate information in this community provided they deserve it. This is no different.

Then again, I'm just a shit player who plays on a laggy connection, according to every who has every played me/

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Wait so, you're in a forum about a fighting game and we're not supposed to discuss gameplay footage? Should we just assume that everyone is an expert on everything and just take their word for it?
Cossner dont push this. We aren't gonna have anymore derailing anymore in this thread and if you got a problem PM me. This thread has been culled TWICE for different stuff and if it goes much more I may have it locked. I dont want that because I feel its good to voice the things folks wished to avoid in a sequel in a single easy to browse format like this.

I stand by what I said in my post. Tracking people online, grabbing their vids and posting them here just to put them on the defensive is pretty sure fired flame bait. If he wasn't at a tournament where he was already held to public viewing and didnt volunteer this footage himself I consider it an invasion of privacy to behave in that manner. What you need to understand is its not YOUR job or anyone elses to correct everyone and drag them through the streets for posting things that are mistaken until they give in under your steely gaze. Do what I said next time. Make your post correcting him, link to whatever you want that was public to make your point without scouring through someone elses personal stuff like that without permission putting them on the defensive by degrading their play and if they dont want to believe you dont spend 3 pages derailing a thread playing "but I'm right and need the last word".
Believe me if someone is wrong there are other debate threads for matchups to go through and plenty to tell them to research. If they don't listen then stop egging it on. Same goes for both sides honestly.

I'll be watching this thread.
With all due respect dear mod shaowebb, we're a salt-induced community that help each other for those who reach out for it. While that is also true, if a person falsely testifies to anything and spreads misinformation in this community, the tradition is a blow-up.

Everyone deserves a blowup based on inaccurate information in this community provided they deserve it. This is no different.

Then again, I'm just a shit player who plays on a laggy connection, according to every who has every played me/
And with all due respect Crusty I'm already aware of your history with batmanbeatscap so as much as I know you are eager to chime in on this I've spoken my piece. I'll keep the peace, and I'll keep threads on topic. Back and forths that have people getting their personal vids yanked posted, degraded and then followed up with comments of come to my house and play me are things I WILL be dealing with.

Stay on topic folks. This thread slides again I'll get it dealt with.

Last edited:

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
Let's address something

I understand no pushblock combos

However, unless I've been reading incorrectly, why do people not want the pushblock to be a mechanic in the game as it would be in the first game.

It's a pretty balanced mechanic as far as I'm concerned.

Again, I might be wrong and people didn't say that, all I'm saying is if that is not the case, point it out or if it is, just state why.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Question for everyone: In Injustice 1 meter is gained by hitting normals ( so meter is kinda free and built up quick). Do you want it back? Or meter building rule should be like MKX?

shaowebb

Only shaowebb proposed the removal of pushblock, other than that I don't think anyone else has requested its removal.

However, both punishing pushblocks and pushblock-initiated combos need to go imo. For example, why should Lex be able to disregard a pushblock if he has armor up? Pushblocking should have been a legitimate way to keep his armor timer ticking down because it costed a bar, but instead he gets to trudge right through it and punish you for trying to pushblock. This is from a guy who uses both Lex & Bane; armoring through pushblocks is dumb.
This is pretty much how I see it. I like pushblocks but only if they do what they were intended for. I remember in TVC when Zero's forward momentum meant he could ignore pushblocks. Having cast that can ignore a system meant to be universal to deal with pressure is bad...especially if it costs meter.

I'm in favor of a pushblock that doesn't get ignored by stuff that functions and feel its more approachable to all levels of play and suits Injustice. I just have a lot of other games I've played and studied and dig a lot of other systems too. Thus the mention of just defend and alpha counters as well.

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
Let's address something

I understand no pushblock combos

However, unless I've been reading incorrectly, why do people not want the pushblock to be a mechanic in the game as it would be in the first game.

It's a pretty balanced mechanic as far as I'm concerned.

Again, I might be wrong and people didn't say that, all I'm saying is if that is not the case, point it out or if it is, just state why.
Push lock is fine and should stay

d3v

SRK
Mostly capcom fanboys who think with back to block they all will be Sonicfox level.
Newflash, every other 2D fighting game not named MK uses back to block.

As previously stated, back to block makes for more active defense since blocking has to factor in cross ups and whether stuff is coming in from the left or the right, instead of just focusing on high and low.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I like having interactables, but one thing I'm hoping is that if there are interactables in the corner that let the opponent out of the corner, that it costs a bar of meter, or some other stiff cost. For some characters, a big part of their gameplay is methodically pushing the opponent into the corner and then being able to go for big corner damage situations. If the opponent can simply use an interactable to easily escape corner pressure for almost no cost, what's the point of trying to put the opponent in the corner?

There was a podcast in which Tom Brady made a good point about Injustice's mechanics, at least in terms of how they're over-the-top because they sort of need to be. The context of the discussion was on Injustice's pretty extreme safe advancing strings which confirmed into big damage (Superman's f2 this time), and how this element impacted the footsie game.

"NO ONE WANTS TO SEE FREAKING SUPERMAN PLAY FOOTSIES"

Pretty true. No one wants to see Superman go full Ryu and play Crouching Forward into Laser spacing game. Things like low-pokes combo-ing into specials- there's no "oh! you hit my knee, now you're just a +5 and get a chance to hit me with something that actually hurts!"

Other things like big stages, transitions, and interactables probably play into this.

shaowebb

There was a podcast in which Tom Brady made a good point about Injustice's mechanics, at least in terms of how they're over-the-top because they sort of need to be. The context of the discussion was on Injustice's pretty extreme safe advancing strings which confirmed into big damage (Superman's f2 this time), and how this element impacted the footsie game.

"NO ONE WANTS TO SEE FREAKING SUPERMAN PLAY FOOTSIES"

Pretty true. No one wants to see Superman go full Ryu and play Crouching Forward into Laser spacing game. Things like low-pokes combo-ing into specials- there's no "oh! you hit my knee, now you're just a +5 and get a chance to hit me with something that actually hurts!"

Other things like big stages, transitions, and interactables probably play into this.
I can see why this is how Injustice is. If Superman wasn't charging down your throat with his strings that pushed him forward he was outright lasering you like mad or box dashing you. Guy was really built to show how the character stands his ground. I hope they nail that in the mindset behind designing both old and new cast again. making their strings fit their strategic personalities was always pretty great. Bane especially. Dude would bide his time and then do something major and try to kill you in one master stroke. Then he'd stand over your body and suffocate you never giving you a chance to recover once he sprung his plan.
I like having interactables, but one thing I'm hoping is that if there are interactables in the corner that let the opponent out of the corner, that it costs a bar of meter, or some other stiff cost. For some characters, a big part of their gameplay is methodically pushing the opponent into the corner and then being able to go for big corner damage situations. If the opponent can simply use an interactable to easily escape corner pressure for almost no cost, what's the point of trying to put the opponent in the corner?
I'd be down with corner stuff and interactibles in general costing meter in some way. Keeps it honest...or as honest as it can be lol. I just didn't like the idea of free unblockable interactibles. That stuff got rough...especially for tech dudes on some stages and in matchups. Not like GA vs Superman wasn't bad enough already but toss em in a stage where all you can do is jump and Superman can go for damage off interactibles and the frowny face deepens.

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
The walkspeeds, hopefully they're normal this time.
Anti-airs to actually be observably good on release rather than patches later.
Unblockable interactables that do over 10% damage.
Characters that don't require you to use more than 3 moves to be effective.
Traited-Martian-like normals.
Disjointed/extended/ghost hitboxes.
60% combos from 50/50s.
You mean like batgirl with that last one? Lol

Back to block should return, they just need to design the game with it in mind this time.

I can totally understand why people would not like the BTB given injustice 1. It added BTB but didn't remove the easy crossups and liberal access to HKD crossup setups. Felt like 90% of Injustice tech at one point was "New ambiguous crossup setup!"

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
For example, but she only got that in the corner and she wasn't the only one.
I just thought it was ironic that a batgirl player said they don't want that back lol. Then again there are the few that actually speak up against broken shit even if their character has them. Need more people like that in the community honestly

shaowebb

Back to block should return, they just need to design the game with it in mind this time.

I can totally understand why people would not like the BTB given injustice 1. It added BTB but didn't remove the easy crossups and liberal access to HKD crossup setups. Felt like 90% of Injustice tech at one point was "New ambiguous crossup setup!"
Thats every B2B game lol. Ambiguous crossups are a major thing in back to block games. Doomsday is so Zangief with that splash crossup and Batman was the lord and master of ambiguous crossup. Specially with that cape glide tool. Its just simply part of back to block. Not good or bad inherit ...just something you need to keep in mind during design with hitboxes or you can get an El Fuerte character by mistake.

vicious1024

Does it matter?
  • Slow walk speeds
  • Unblockable interactables
  • Holding down to block
  • The old wall bounce animation
  • Unecessary mixups
  • 30 second win screens