What's new

Strategy They patching smoke?

fleshmasher

i got the poison
So i get it :l:bp:fk xx Bomb doesn't work anymore?
How about :l:bp:fk xx :en Bomb?

At the same time i can't wait for and loathe the patch coming up in europe.
I hope it's not that bad.

:l:bp:fk xx Bomb(normal) not working would be ass though.
Was my second BnB :x setup after jump kick, air throw, OTG bomb.

fleshmasher

i got the poison
If that's true i can't say how angry i am without breaking several forum rules.
And i though taking away post air grab OTG bomb would be bad. Stupid me.
Could as well have made Smoke perma-armless kombat.

I hope it's not true. Really hard.

He amended that post. Can still smoke bomb in combos... phew.

Smoke Reg. Smoke Bomb can no longer OTG after Air Throw mid combo. But EX Smoke Bomb can. It knocks away and gives unscaled damage (10% lol).

That makes 3, D+1, 2, dash, 3, 2, dash, 4, smoke bomb, dash, 3, D+1, 2, j.k, air throw, exbomb possible for 47%. Costs one meter, but interesting.

fleshmasher

i got the poison
Thank the elder gods. Could you link me to that post, please?
Damn i wanna have the patch, not knowing what's coming is killing me :doh:

fleshmasher

i got the poison
Having :en Bomb after Air Throw for 10% damage seems reasonable enough for me though better than taking it out completely.
Now it seems Smoke still has good damage off the jump kick compared to the other characters.
But i have to see how he really is when i have the patch.

Off the jump kick it'd be 24% for one meter. A tad better than scorpion's 22% for one meter, but I wouldn't use the meter on it. I'd go for oki.

38% without jump in punch, but I personally have a really hard time doing the njp after 3, D+1, 2. I just use a more consistent 37% combo.

But again, it's not about what his best combo can do. It's about what hits he lost damage off of.

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
Such a shame...I really liked Smoke being near the top of the Ninja characters.
I guess it's something like Sub Zero>Ermac>Reptile>Smoke>>Noob Saibot>Scorpion...while before Smoke would have been ahead of Reptile (like he should be IMHO).
The only thing cool about Scorpion being the worst Ninja, is that IMHO he has the right tools to take Sub Zero down.

I wonder if Rain will have a clear spot in this Ninja tier list when Rain comes out.
I guess it all depends on how well his lightning, force ball, and roundhouse kick around the world work. I expect he'll fill the gap between Smoke and Noob Saibot.

cgerrr

Tourney id: Gfc_alekS
38% without jump in punch, but I personally have a really hard time doing the njp after 3, D+1, 2. I just use a more consistent 37% combo.

But again, it's not about what his best combo can do. It's about what hits he lost damage off of.
What combo are you doing exactly?

39% mid screen (without jump in) can be done with:
:fk:d:fp:bp, nj.:fp, double dash :fk:bp, (dash) Smoke cloud, dash :fk:d:fp:bp, j.:fk, Air Throw.

You can add +10% to any j.:fk, Air Throw with :en Smoke Cloud OTG (common knowledge I guess).

On the <-- backpunch frontkick

Maybe im not using it right, but <--+backpunch frontkick into smoke bomb still works for me. Try entering the input as fast as possible.

Zebster

How's my volume?
Changes for Smoke:
pakostevens Paulo Garcia
@ZebiaX enh'd smoke bomb can hit knocked down opp (otg's) for unscaled dam (but won't juggle them), and parry exploit gone.
pakostevens Paulo Garcia
@ZebiaX he can escape towards throws without being punished, wiff'd air teleports land/recover faster, less dam scaling after smoke bombs,

What's the best BnB AFTER landing a Smoke Cloud? A lot of my damage comes from fishing with it, meaning I can't use it in the middle of the combo.

cgerrr

What's the best BnB AFTER landing a Smoke Cloud? A lot of my damage comes from fishing with it, meaning I can't use it in the middle of the combo.
If you landed Smoke Cloud on a juggled opp (like after back :bp:fk) exclude nj.:fp:
nj.:fp, dash :fk:bp, dash :fk:d:fp:bp, j.:fk, Throw, :)en Cloud)

cabibi

Noob
Correct me if I'm wrong... but in that justintv link that was just posted when Aris fights a reptile... I think it's video number 6 on that link

http://www.justin.tv/offcast/b/287888138

Fast forward... @ 20:40 and 21:40 and 23:10...

I could've SWORN that I saw a 3,1, smoke bomb launch a standing block on 3 separate occasions.

Somebody PLEASE confirm this, because this doesn't happen on the pre-patch versions. Standing block stuffs the smoke bomb in that combo.

If this is true... smoke just traded his OTG for a mix up... which is huge.

hardwire

Noob
Correct me if I'm wrong... but in that justintv link that was just posted when Aris fights a reptile... I think it's video number five on that link... I could've SWORN that I saw a 3,1, smoke bomb launch a standing block on 2 separate occasions.

Somebody PLEASE confirm this, because this doesn't happen on the pre-patch versions. Standing block stuffs the smoke bomb in that combo.

i cant find the part your talking about

give me a min and ill test it the best i can

cabibi

Noob
i cant find the part your talking about

give me a min and ill test it the best i can

You might have to fast forward to about 5 seconds before the times I posted. The rep blocks the first 2 hits in the string, but when aris throws out the smoke bomb, the reptile is launched out of a standing block. he also did it in his later match, against a separate kung lao player, before he switched to kano.

I noticed that the smoke bomb is stuffed with a standing block when thrown naked... but when done at the end of a combo string, I'm certain I saw it launch a standing block.

cgerrr

Correct me if I'm wrong... but in that justintv link that was just posted when Aris fights a reptile... I think it's video number 6 on that link

http://www.justin.tv/offcast/b/287888138

Fast forward... @ 20:40 and 21:40 and 23:10...

I could've SWORN that I saw a 3,1, smoke bomb launch a standing block on 3 separate occasions.

Don't get your hopes high: it seems Aris opps just forgot to block it - that's all.