What's new

They Don't Call Me The Main Man For Nothing! - The Lobo General Discussion Thread.

That is legit. Is that Young Justice?
2 things though:
1)His hook is in a gun? smh.
2)I guess Jaba the Hut was speaking Czarnian?

Red Venom

The Main Man of TYM
lmao yea it's young justice but, David's portrayal of the character is so perfect. With this and Injustice, Lobo is slowly making a resurgence among the DC Universe.

When you land a facedive and expect your opponent to wake-up, you can go for a neutral Jump 3 into full combo to stuff their wakeup. From there, you get 113 into whatever you please. The Jump 3 is, like the facedives after a facedive knock down, a cross-up. The neutral jump is what makes them flip to the other side.

List of notable reversals that get stuffed (someone test if this is on all stages or not, because I tested only on Wayne Manor left side corner)

Superman: Rising Grab and Low Scoop
Cyborg: Power Fist
Green Lantern: Lantern's Might
Killer Frost: Black Ice
Black Adam: Lightning Cage and Lightning Storm
Raven: Soul Crush
Zod: Zod Charge and Phantom Strike
Lex: Corp Charge

For Cyborg's Power Fist and Superman's Rising Grab, you have to do your Jump 3 earlier. For Killer Frost's Slide, you have to delay your Jump 3 so you can full combo punish her with 113. If you do it with the normal timing, she lands on the ground before you can hit her.

I've only tested those wakeups because they are The wakeups that everyone uses. I've assumed Deathstroke's Sword Flip and Sword Spin/Nightwing's Staff Spin beat this out cleanly due to their massive hitboxes, but everything else gets cleanly beaten out with your jump 3.

Red Venom

The Main Man of TYM
When you land a facedive and expect your opponent to wake-up, you can go for a neutral Jump 3 into full combo to stuff their wakeup. From there, you get 113 into whatever you please. The Jump 3 is, like the facedives after a facedive knock down, a cross-up. The neutral jump is what makes them flip to the other side.

List of notable reversals that get stuffed (someone test if this is on all stages or not, because I tested only on Wayne Manor left side corner)

Superman: Rising Grab and Low Scoop
Cyborg: Power Fist
Green Lantern: Lantern's Might
Killer Frost: Black Ice
Black Adam: Lightning Cage and Lightning Storm
Raven: Soul Crush
Zod: Zod Charge and Phantom Strike
Lex: Corp Charge

For Cyborg's Power Fist and Superman's Rising Grab, you have to do your Jump 3 earlier. For Killer Frost's Slide, you have to delay your Jump 3 so you can full combo punish her with 113. If you do it with the normal timing, she lands on the ground before you can hit her.

I've only tested those wakeups because they are The wakeups that everyone uses. I've assumed Deathstroke's Sword Flip and Sword Spin/Nightwing's Staff Spin beat this out cleanly due to their massive hitboxes, but everything else gets cleanly beaten out with your jump 3.
I'll try this on as many stages I can and post my results.

i can confirm that you cannot get this after a Hook Charge. It HAS to be after you land a facedive.

Also, the damage you can get from the Jump 3 is 50%

Jump 3, 3 xx Czar Toss MB, Back 3, Jump 2, 21 xx Low Space Hook.

Red Venom

The Main Man of TYM
This isn't stage specific tech it works on them all....

Fun Fact: It works against Ares' Teleport both (behind) and against Doomsday's Supernova the jumping 3 and mid hit will cancel each other out. Also works against Scorpion's teleport but not his Flip Kick, however you can time the Jumping 3 and the Flip Kick will whiff.

So the first thing I tested was if Hook Charge's non-MB version is clashable or not anymore

I remember hearing that the patch would be mostly bug fixes.

NRS people say Hook Charge will be fixed in the future

it's still clashable

Red Venom

The Main Man of TYM
I just had a legit win with Lobo against PSN: ELSY_MILEENA ranked No. 5 in KOTH, the player chose Aquaman was on over a 20 win streak, I kept playing over and over again till I won, but then got bodied as soon as the rematch started. Still the satisfaction of beating a player so skilled was awesome. This guy(or girl) is seriously one hell of a player I barely won lol

Cage Redfield here's a setup I found for your Lobo cross-up tech.

1) you can get more damage after the crossup 3 with the following combo: 3 xx Czar Toss MB, B3, J2, 21 xx Space Hook. But I'll just take this as a video that proves how he can set it up mid-combo.

2) The only thing thats stopping me from really loving this is the fact that facedive can be rolled in juggles. It's very difficult timing, but when they roll after a facedive, I'm almost certain you're at 0 advantage/possibly at a few frames of disadvantage. But people never fight actual Lobos so I guess this is fine for now.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Damn it guys, when will you teach me the ways?

It's like I know how to use him, but I don't know how to win with him.

I'm already in club Low-Tier, I want to be able to sit at the Lobo table with all of the edgy cool kids.

But doesn't the combo you posted take them out of the corner or actually no huh cause of the low space hook.... Why'd I just post this :confused:

I actually meant the normal Space Hook and not the Low Hook lol. But yeah, you can do that if you're fine with sacrificing 1% for positioning (they aren't placed right back into the corner after the low hook, but they're pretty close to it).

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Does my guide not assist you?
A little bit, I figured most of that stuff out online and in practice mode though.

I cant tell if it's because he has such shit match-ups with certain characters or if my Lobo game isn't tight enough yet.

I'll keep at it.

Red Venom

The Main Man of TYM
A little bit, I figured most of that stuff out online and in practice mode though.

I cant tell if it's because he has such shit match-ups with certain characters or if my Lobo game isn't tight enough yet.

I'll keep at it.
Well I played a pretty good Killer Frost earlier and his patience & oki shenanigans mean nothing with her safe slide on wake-up and you can only MB B3 so many times LMAO in hindsight I should have baited the slide and neutral J2'd but eh....

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I main Lex and Grundy, I know all about hopeless match-ups.

It's why I have John Stewart and Doomsday as my side things.

I cant see how you guys only/primarily use Lobo at this point, I only use him when the match-up isn't hopeless or potentially hopeless.

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
I cant see how you guys only/primarily use Lobo at this point, I only use him when the match-up isn't hopeless or potentially hopeless.
Cuz if winning was the only thing that mattered, we play someone else. We want to win with Lobo. The more we play him, the more you realize those hopeless match ups aren't as hopeless as we originally thought.