What's new

The Zoning Academy (Mortal Kombat 11 Edition)

D

Deleted member 59910

I was being serious and no I’m not a scrub, I know zoning takes skill yet it’s not a part of fighting. Name FIGHTING game means people fight in close quarters. Making a character zoning heavy and helpless in close combat is more than dumb.
So, you know nothing about fighting games. C’mon man, you’re arguing with experienced people here. Were you born when the first MK came out? People here are labing literally since 92. Stop being a scrub wanting to state the definition of fighting games.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wetdoba

All too easy...
In the past I have played rushdown grappler characters because I had liked the characters themselves (mostly Bane). However I know realize this was foolish because it was forcing me to rely on guess work rather than fundamentals and neutral. I will be transferring over to the Zoning Academy for MK11 and repping Noob Saibot and equipping him with the most neutral tools available for maximum utility.

Also I have heard that both the Kollector and Cetrion are to be zoners so we must protect these new characters from unnecessary hate from scrubs.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
So, you know nothing about fighting games. C’mon man, you’re arguing with experienced people here. Were you born when the first MK came out? People here are teching literally since 92. Stop being a scrub wanting to state the definition of fighting games.
Since when age matters? How can you tell if I don’t know anything about FG? I’ve been playing since MK3 and I know that zoning isn’t fighting. I never said I can’t deal with zoners, I’m saying that making a character zoning heavy without giving him flashy and good chareographed moves and combos is a shitty desicion. It’s boring, requires less skill (YES, less skill when you play a rush character) and makes no sense. Maybe my concepts of fighting a bit old but where I grew up fighting meant beating people with your body.

Burn2019

Noob
Zoning is spam. People can obviously spam as much as they want to.

If I find trying to beat such a person boring, which I normally do, I’ll simply quit mid match as much as I want to, and play someone else.

No need for rage.

D

Deleted member 59910

Since when age matters? How can you tell if I don’t know anything about FG? I’ve been playing since MK3 and I know that zoning isn’t fighting. I never said I can’t deal with zoners, I’m saying that making a character zoning heavy without giving him flashy and good chareographed moves and combos is a shitty desicion. It’s boring, requires less skill (YES, less skill when you play a rush character) and makes no sense. Maybe my concepts of fighting a bit old but where I grew up fighting meant beating people with your body.
So that’s your fighting game :DOGE

1) In your opinion every character needs rushdown attributes.
2) If I squeeze the discussion, you’ll end saying magic special moves need to be out of the game.

A casual criticizing the art of zoning and stating the definition of fighting games... bye.

Tweedy

Noob
Why did you post a pic of EA UFC 3. People would just get taken down in that game and say it's not real fighting. Grappling in mma and zoning in fighting games are actually very similar lol. Both things are very technical, hard to do, but casuals confuse it as not real fighting/gameplay, because they don't understand it.

Also, I think zoning will be pretty bad in MK11. Zoners in NRS games are typically good at everything else, though, so i'm still gonna zone. If there's a pure zoner they'll probably be complete shit.

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
Or maybe some people just prefer different playstyles and like games that give usbthese options. I get nothing out of mindlessly looping blockstrings until my opponent guesses wrong. However out spacing and destroying my opponent in neutral, now thats the good shit right there.

DragonofDadashov24

So that’s your fighting game :DOGE

1) In your opinion every character needs rushdown attributes.
2) If I squeeze the discussion, you’ll end saying magic special moves need to be out of the game.

A casual criticizing the art of zoning and stating the definition of fighting games... bye.
Why din’t you post Tekken? It has no zoning. Except of couple moves that can’t be used the entire match.
Also, don’t say things in my stead. I never said anything about projectiles.

DragonofDadashov24

Or maybe some people just prefer different playstyles and like games that give usbthese options. I get nothing out of mindlessly looping blockstrings until my opponent guesses wrong. However out spacing and destroying my opponent in neutral, now thats the good shit right there.
Outspacing and destroying in neutral can be very well done without spamming projectiles and getting free meter

Lokheit

Noob
The good thing about kustom moves is that everyone is at least to some degree a potential zoner (or rushdown) character.

Obviously some will have more zoning versatility than others though.

DragonofDadashov24

As a Kotal Kahn main I can only hope I have a faster than 30 frame projectile, or once again I'll be sitting outside the academy and the range of your character yelling
They’d probably tell you to waste meter for a projectile and run toward your opponent only to get waken up by an armoured move, lol.
I’ve got no problems against zoning players, as I already said. The problem is they make characters the way you wouldn’t them be. Especially in a fighting game.

DragonofDadashov24

The good thing about kustom moves is that everyone is at least to some degree a potential zoner (or rushdown) character.

Obviously some will have more zoning versatility than others though.
And you know we can’t say that it’ll be the same way in tournament mode, unfortunately

Skedar70

Noob
Are you clueless at creating and doing combos?
Are you useless defending against opponents?
Do you want not to care that there's someone else in the game trying to play?
Do you want to put the minimal effort spamming 2 moves and lie to yourself you're actually thinking when to press them so you don't feel braindead?

Then zoning is for you!

Pick a broken character and just spam the same move over and over.
Ignore anything and anyone that is in the game with you, let them sort it out.
Just walkback all day and enjoy the show.

Make sure to post on the forums that it's a legit strategy so you can sleep at night while you try to remember if your opponent was an AI, a human, or even in the game at all.

Join us now.
Lol this is so on point

Lokheit

Noob
And you know we can’t say that it’ll be the same way in tournament mode, unfortunately
Well, I still hope they're allowed. Unlike Injustice 2, I haven't seen a single combo of moves that makes you think "OMG this is broken, ban this variation", everything looks restrained enough that if a move is problematic it would be problematic by itself, not because of an specific build, and therefore would be easy to just balance that move.

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
They’d probably tell you to waste meter for a projectile and run toward your opponent only to get waken up by an armoured move, lol.
I’ve got no problems against zoning players, as I already said. The problem is they make characters the way you wouldn’t them be. Especially in a fighting game.
Sounds like you're putting blame on them for playing zoners. It's not like they didn't have to deal with cheese once I got in. I'm sure they had just as much fun flipping a coin and deciding if I was going to go low, or overhead.

DragonofDadashov24

Well, I still hope they're allowed. Unlike Injustice 2, I haven't seen a single combo of moves that makes you think "OMG this is broken, ban this variation", everything looks restrained enough that if a move is problematic it would be problematic by itself, not because of an specific build, and therefore would be easy to just balance that move.
Fair point

DragonofDadashov24

Sounds like you're putting blame on them for playing zoners. It's not like they didn't have to deal with cheese once I got in. I'm sure they had just as much fun flipping a coin and deciding if I was going to go low, or overhead.
Not at all, just like people said before everyone has their own style of playing. My problem is with the devs and their decisions

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
Why din’t you post Tekken? It has no zoning. Except of couple moves that can’t be used the entire match.
Also, don’t say things in my stead. I never said anything about projectiles.
Well yeah no shit it's a 3d fighter. It's kind of hard to zone when you can sidestep every fireball. Zoning is important to 2d fighters because it allows you to have a meaningful interaction at any points of the screen