What's new

The Zoning + 50/50 + Free Wakeup Meta

Solid

The Longbow Hunter.
he tested the game and he is saying Deadshot is busted lol.
I was watching his stream too. That tweet is a bit out of context because he was talking about the execution requirements for both characters. It really had nothing to do with the zoning. He did say that Deathshot was too much or something like that. I haven't met one yet so we will see. I see good players like Sajam destroying Aris while scrubs well get destroyed by him. It is still too early. Let's see how many Deadshots reach top 8 at combo breaker.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. As a Grodd main even if I do manage to get in on my opponent they still get to do whatever they please. I have to constantly guess between Invincible wakeups that can be safe or plus if they burn the bar; Which they always have since while zoning they gain buckets of meter. Then once you're back in neutral, (If you could call it that) your neutral game is completely negated by the fact that they can back dash or jump to safety at any moment. There is no risk reward to zoning, or so it seems. Since one misplay out of me and I'm sent full screen again just continuing the cycle.

NOW... LET ME BE VERY CLEAR...

In injustice 1 I mained Zatanna and In MKX Pyromancer Tanya So I know how to zone, I'm all for zoning. Zoning is skilled play. It takes skill to get around. But there is no risk to it which makes it all the more worthwhile for the Zoners. That is my only gripe with this game as of yet. As a close combat character I am rewarded with nothing for my troubles when I score a knockdown. I can't stick to the opponent...

Now... For the people who may disagree... Make a list of reasons why Zoners are good/bad then do the same for NON Zoners. (Example: Cheetah, Flash, Bane, Catwoman)
Now you tell me in this "Meta" who has the advantage (with reasoning)
You shouldn't be worried about invincible wake-up as Grodd considering you can restand after everything. I was, learning this the hard way the other day when playing against firestorm and all my enders sent him fullscreen.

alkipot

Purse first, ass last.
I wonder if some time we will learn to give some time to nrs games before even starting balance conversations, even less campaigns.

Early nerf/buffs are known for creating trash/monster characters that use to stay like that too much time after.

Pretty surprised that he made such a bs statement tbh.
What's bs about it? Morrigan zoning takes waaaaaay more effort than Deadshot zoning. I can't believe you're even debating that.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
What's bs about it? Morrigan zoning takes waaaaaay more effort than Deadshot zoning. I can't believe you're even debating that.
I'm referring to the part "my mother can play deadshot". Sounds like the kind of statement a noob who ignores what zoning requires would make.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
I'm referring to the part "my mother can play deadshot". Sounds like the kind of statement a noob who ignores what zoning requires would make.
Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. You're saying it like zoning requires a lot of skill to pull off and while that's probably true in a game like MKX, in Injustice 2 (at least in lower level play) you can get away with a lot of things when playing characters like Deadshot.

In high level play you could still argue that Deadshot/Darkseid/Fate have projectiles cover a lot of options and hardly require incredible levels of skill to pull off, the exception being zoning someone for the whole game. With how often MKX rushdown got complained about, don't make it sound like I2 zoning is the complete opposite of that when it comes to skill.

That's how it came across at least.

ismael4790

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. You're saying it like zoning requires a lot of skill to pull off and while that's probably true in a game like MKX, in Injustice 2 (at least in lower level play) you can get away with a lot of things when playing characters like Deadshot.

In high level play you could still argue that Deadshot/Darkseid/Fate have projectiles cover a lot of options and hardly require incredible levels of skill to pull off, the exception being zoning someone for the whole game. With how often MKX rushdown got complained about, don't make it sound like I2 zoning is the complete opposite of that when it comes to skill.

That's how it came across at least.
Low level play shouldn't even be considered when talking about balance.

And about high level play, let's be real here, it's too soon for high level play to even exist lol.

This kind of complaints only lead to early nerfs that will be very hard to fix if they happen. Maybe I'm too naive for expecting people to let the game play out and figure out things instead of asking the developers to save their life, when the game is not even a week out.

DDutchguy

Low level play shouldn't even be considered when talking about balance.

And about high level play, let's be real here, it's too soon for high level play to even exist lol.

This kind of complaints only lead to early nerfs that will be very hard to fix if they happen. Maybe I'm too naive for expecting people to let the game play out and figure out things instead of asking the developers to save their life, when the game is not even a week out.
I'm supposed to be the one that says not to complain because the game is not even a week old lol.

Maybe meter burn roll will make a huge difference when people learn to use it more, but 'what zoning requires' is still kind of a weird statement.

ismael4790

I'm supposed to be the one that says not to complain because the game is not even a week old lol.

Maybe meter burn roll will make a huge difference when people learn to use it more, but 'what zoning requires' is still kind of a weird statement.
In general, people need to remember the basic fact that zoning doesn't equal to spamming. Reads, spacing and many other factors are involved, all I'm saying.
Zoning appears to be strong in inj2? Probably. Is there a problem with that? I don't think so.

However, I'm sure there is offense or setup play in injustice 2 as promising as Deadshot's zoning potential.
Yet, Deadshot is the only one in angry youtube comments and having its own threads asking for nerfs with more or less subtility. This shows how the majority of people is biased against zoning.

DDutchguy

Yet, Deadshot is the only one in angry youtube comments and having its own threads asking for nerfs with more or less subtility. This shows how the majority of people is biased against zoning.
This has more to do with casual players not knowing about potential reads that go into it.

There are 2 ways to zone: One is to properly zone with reads and spacing. This is how you'll need to zone if you want tocget away with it against good opponents.

The other is zoning without making any reads and just doing projectile specials without much thought. Non-competitive players only see the second type and can't yet see how good zoning players make reads and space themselves out when they play.

KiD INsAnitY

Z of The Leaf -Team R.A.N
I agree if they are meant to be Zoners with STRONG zoning fine. But don't give them mix ups and 50/50s on top of the shit load of meter for literally doing nothing but siting at one side of the screen. who the fuck at NRS thought that was a gud idea. You spend half the time trying to get in and when you do, they don't give a shit they're sitting on 4 bars waiting to send that ass back across the screen -.-

Redk9

Noob
I don't really agree with it being an issue, but I did play the OP in quite a few matches in the beta and he's incredibly good. Disagree with him but I don't know how valid telling him to get gud is.