What's new

The Zoning + 50/50 + Free Wakeup Meta

Agree with OP.

If your design is to be the best keepaway character possible, then you shouldn't have above average mixups when close. The same goes for the other way around.

But ya know, this is NRS... they like over the top shenanigans.
Yet an amazing rushdown character Batman still had very good keep away. Will anyone ask for nerfs on that? Doubt it

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Wait until it's been some time at least. We don't know how things will turn out. Yeah shit looks obviously too good, but when people get adjusted well, will it still be that good?
Completely agree with this, however we should still be able to discuss things in the early stages of the game, that is TYM's purpose after all.

The problem is so many people either read the title or barely skim the OP, get incredibly triggered that some aspect of zoning is getting complained about, and make some really whiny post about some perceived witch-hunt against zoning when that's not what the OP was about at all. This then creates a vicious cycle of people replying to each other something that was never even implied by the OP to begin with and twisting the point of the thread into their own soapbox/vent outlet to whine and complain about others whining and complaining.

For what its worth, I think the OP has a point. Dedicated zoners shouldn't have the full package of really good zoning, 50/50s, safe strings and wakeups. @Juggs comparison to DS pvp was on point.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Completely agree with this, however we should still be able to discuss things in the early stages of the game, that is TYM's purpose after all.

The problem is so many people either read the title or barely skim the OP, get incredibly triggered that some aspect of zoning is getting complained about, and make some really whiny post about some perceived witch-hunt against zoning when that's not what the OP was about at all. This then creates a vicious cycle of people replying to each other something that was never even implied by the OP to begin with and twisting the point of the thread into their own soapbox/vent outlet to whine and complain about others whining and complaining.

For what its worth, I think the OP has a point. Dedicated zoners shouldn't have the full package of really good zoning, 50/50s, safe strings and wakeups. @Juggs comparison to DS pvp was on point.
Deadshot is pretty weird about it, though. Because, well...he has 50/50s, and can stagger that shit, and it knocks you back...but it does like no damage. Then he gets hit once by like BA and Supes...and all of a sudden that itty bitty damage he might have done was for nothing lol, and sometimes it was as simple as having to deal with Deadshot's meh ass d2 on Supes j1. I literally watched Theo play P2W's Deadshot with Superman, and it literally would play out like that. There's a clear weakness behind it as far as Deadshot goes.