What's new

The WORST Character In The Game - it's a shame for NRS!

Zhidoreptiloid

Watcher from the sky

Guys.

Game soon will get 1 year old.

This character. Is not beta character, like Reo said. It's alpha-build character. He is unplayable.

But, instead of playing for this boring and unnecessary character, you can play most intresting and desired character in the game - Hsu Briggs and Jackui Hao, yaay!

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Definitely not wrong.

He may be the weakest DLC that NRS has ever made that didn't start out high tier and end up nerfed under the Earth. And as Reo said, he doesn't DO anything unique.
IJ2 Sub-Zero and Raiden had more to work with just by virtue of game mechanics.
Raphael, in spite of being the weakest of the four Turtles, at least had a solid base build.
Bo Rai Cho and CSZ were setup characters who could loop you to death if you didn't know how to stop them.
Zatanna was solid and unorthodox but kinda underwhelming, so she would've been my choice prior to this.
But I don't see how Kahn isn't the low totem on the pole right now.
I hope he gets buffed to the friggin' sun eventually. I've been waiting maaaaaany moons to be able to play him as a non-boss regular roster member, and his hammers are some of my favorite gear pieces in the whole game, but he is ass.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Seems the Godly Male characters in this game leave a lot to be desired. Hopefully the Wind God will break this chain.

REO didn't mention anything about f34. Shao Kahn doesn't need to jail into a high because he has F34. I don't think f34 needs to be special cancellable but they need to change the KB requirements. It should trigger if it hits as a kounter. That would give him an easy way to get some beefy damage and if you are using f34 correctly then it's almost certainly gonna counter something.

Shao Kahn does in fact need some help to his buff moves. Dark Priest is safe off 212 or f212 but it comes at a sacrifice to real damage. I really wish the hit confirm window on b2 was longer because you have to special cancel it to get decent damage. RIdicule is too slow. I've been saying it since day 1. Absolutely everyone knew it then, everyone knows it now. I remember players talking about it the first day on stream when debating which variation to main. IT IS STILL TOO SLOW. Can you believe it used to be even slower?!

V1 has up hammer which is easily countered but can at least finish a match sometimes and that low special is damn near useless.

V2 is crippled by having Ridicule attached to it.

V3 is trash because Spear Charge is so much worse than Shoulder Charge.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
hoping shao kahn gets buffs cuz if he doesn't my dad said he'd leave my mom :(
Shit, man, that’s really not funny. My student, who is 11, just told me her dad left their family. She was saying that while covering her face from me and that hit hard.
I have no fucking clue why I just said that, Shao Kahn is an asshole but yeah, he needs buffs asap. The worst character in my opinion is arguably D’vorah.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Shao Kahn is my favorite character in MK11 and the only thing I enjoy about him is his D4 and standing 1. His S1 is an amazing anti-air. If he didn't have that, I really don't think I'd have bothered putting any time into him whatsoever.

I was so hyped when I heard he was going to be playable in MK11. But much like the game itself, if was an incredible letdown once I got my hands on him. His best variation isn't great but his other two are an absolute joke. I feel like someone spent a day putting this character together and just said "eh, this is fine."

DragonofDadashov24

Shao Kahn is my favorite character in MK11 and the only thing I enjoy about him is his D4 and standing 1. His S1 is an amazing anti-air. If he didn't have that, I really don't think I'd have bothered putting any time into him whatsoever.

I was so hyped when I heard he was going to be playable in MK11. But much like the game itself, if was an incredible letdown once I got my hands on him. His best variation isn't great but his other two are an absolute joke. I feel like someone spent a day putting this character together and just said "eh, this is fine."
What about f34 and b4?

Zviko

Noob
Of course he needs to be able to jail into S1. Everyone should be able to with at least 4f window. Especially Shao with that +3 off of S1. Also saying he doesn't need it and then mention F34 string....So are we just ignoring the FB gap that pretty much everyone is FBing at this point already?

Ashesfall

"Feel the wrath of Shao Kahn"
"Ed Boon why do you hate me? The most badass boss created now fully playable in beautiful brutal MK 11.
I dont even want buffs (you know i want them too) but how about normalizing to start with?" - Shao Kahn

---
ps: make his DB1(+ex) a brutal, his DB4ex (slicing the upper body) and remove the stupid only on 30/40% request for both(!) shoulder brutals (kinda not fun when playing CPU, where you want to get hit just to trigger them, awkward gameplay) ...
Also wished his DB4 Brutal request wouldnt be like that, i NEVER landed that Brutal against CPU (AI logic does not fall for it) and good players see him jump - i love that Brutal, you really feel the impact *SPLASHKILL
without that request i (we) could combo into that beautiful KILL (14,DB4b or f2,DB4b)
with the new buffer window on block, f2DB4b could be a great way to maximum punish a Fatalblow on block
satisfaction level 10/10

Last edited:

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Actually bad advice. If people complained as much for characters being bad as they do for characters being good, maybe NRS will actually start buff characters instead of nerfing every decent character.
Yeah but you lose all respect from others and yourself for being a whiney baby face.

Also that NRS buffs lower tiers like every other patch but whining is in the NRS culture as we can see here

Ashesfall

"Feel the wrath of Shao Kahn"
This guy complaints about everything here, literally everything.
did you even watched the video REO the MK community pillar ^^ posted?
these are real points in showing how bad shao kahn is implemented in MK11
what the fuck complaining? its adressing real issues here
you think NRS is doing anything without talking about it?
you think they are aware of everything?

you just want people to stop even talking in a FORUM
(he is not even insulting just pointing out his opinion here)

ps: now flame me (lol), I DONT GIVE A SHIT!

DragonofDadashov24

did you even watched the video REO the MK community pillar ^^ posted?
these are real points in showing how bad shao kahn is implemented in MK11
what the fuck complaining? its adressing real issues here
you think NRS is doing anything without talking about it?
you think they are aware of everything?

you just want people to stop even talking in a FORUM
(he is not even insulting just pointing out his opinion here)

ps: now flame me (lol), I DONT GIVE A SHIT!
I don’t even know who you are